Lone Wolf Achievement Bonus Idea

So I had this idea before they announced the Mark V Delta helmet but I was wondering if that could be unlocked through the Lone Wolf achievement (it may not be the name, I don’t remember). I saw the achievement only had 1% of Halo 5’s population with it unlocked, so the helmet would hold some bragging rights to it. But I also thought about how the campaign was apparently harder before the Ghost of Meridian patch, so then I thought about how people wanted Master Chief’s current armor in the game, and than I thought that it’d be a great idea to make it unlockable so long as you unlocked the achievement before the patch. That way, it’s incredibly rare, and no one can get it anymore. I’d like to see opinions on this down below. Thanks.

> 2533274845218535;1:
> So I had this idea before they announced the Mark V Delta helmet but I was wondering if that could be unlocked through the Lone Wolf achievement (it may not be the name, I don’t remember). I saw the achievement only had 1% of Halo 5’s population with it unlocked, so the helmet would hold some bragging rights to it. But I also thought about how the campaign was apparently harder before the Ghost of Meridian patch, so then I thought about how people wanted Master Chief’s current armor in the game, and than I thought that it’d be a great idea to make it unlockable so long as you unlocked the achievement before the patch. That way, it’s incredibly rare, and no one can get it anymore. I’d like to see opinions on this down below. Thanks.

i find the game is actually “harder” now. just below 2 and Reach(in that order) but even then its not that bad.

I would say that if someone should unlock Chiefs campaign armor through achievments JUST in halo 5, they should add in some more campaign chivos that are a little difficult, and maybe some grindy(ish) doable achivements in halo 5s mm, and needing to obtain all achivements. THEN you get them. the achievements in this game are really not that bad to be honest, and even if your not that great they can be obtained just by watching videos and maybe getting a few people to help. That way it IS challenging for many, but very obtainable. I think doing it those that had lone wolf before the update only would piss people off, especially with the game now (i believe) more balanced to be harder in legendary. , seriously before they made it harder it was really easy.

> 2533274809890894;2:
> > 2533274845218535;1:
> >
>
> i find the game is actually “harder” now. just below 2 and Reach(in that order) but even then its not that bad.
>
> I would say that if someone should unlock Chiefs campaign armor through achievments JUST in halo 5, they should add in some more campaign chivos that are a little difficult, and maybe some grindy(ish) doable achivements in halo 5s mm, and needing to obtain all achivements. THEN you get them. the achievements in this game are really not that bad to be honest, and even if your not that great they can be obtained just by watching videos and maybe getting a few people to help. That way it IS challenging for many, but very obtainable. I think doing it those that had lone wolf before the update only would piss people off, especially with the game now (i believe) more balanced to be harder in legendary. , seriously before they made it harder it was really easy.

I don’t know about the difficulty change’s affect on me (since I finished it about a week or two before the ‘patch’ was announced) but I would like to explain the reasoning on making the armor exclusive. I’ve seen requests for Master Chief’s current look to be available in multiplayer, but I’ve also seen the complaint that his armor was personalized for him through Cortana and that would be doing some sort of disservice to the lore. So, I thought, “Let’s make it ultra rare.” This is the result. It would definitely piss off people, but hey, those that got it can feel accomplished, right?

Agree that there should definitely be some kind of reward for this. Maybe even just the Legendary Difficulty as an exclusive legendary emblem.
That way it’s cool but not as controversial as 117s armour? Maybe even the Mark VI from H2: Anniversary MP could be an alternative customisation option in that regard?

Maybe get the Mk.VI from solo and the emblem from either Co-Op or Solo so if you do solo legendary you would get both

You used to get Helioskrill for completing all of MCCs campaign on legendary, why not complete all the Halo 5 Achievements and get one of the helmets (preferably Mark V Delta, Recon Gen1, EVA Gen1 or Pilot) :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to see achievement based unlocks return, but for future titles. Halo 5 has so many armor varients its difficult to tell if the player next to you is wearing the common or mythic version of the same helmet. If they dont oversaturate the armor in future titles then achievement unlocks would be great

no problem for me as i completed mine last year in 2015

> 2533274844515781;4:
> Agree that there should definitely be some kind of reward for this. Maybe even just the Legendary Difficulty as an exclusive legendary emblem.
> That way it’s cool but not as controversial as 117s armour? Maybe even the Mark VI from H2: Anniversary MP could be an alternative customisation option in that regard?

Speaking of Halo 2: Anniversary, I really want to see Hoplite and Centurion in the game. Mark VI is barely any different compared to the two already available, since the only change is the armored belt.

Something you have to work to unlock? Yes!

Something which is essentially exclusive and unobtainable to all ? No.

> 2533274845218535;3:
> > 2533274809890894;2:
> > > 2533274845218535;1:
> > >
> >
> > i find the game is actually “harder” now. just below 2 and Reach(in that order) but even then its not that bad.
> >
> > I would say that if someone should unlock Chiefs campaign armor through achievments JUST in halo 5, they should add in some more campaign chivos that are a little difficult, and maybe some grindy(ish) doable achivements in halo 5s mm, and needing to obtain all achivements. THEN you get them. the achievements in this game are really not that bad to be honest, and even if your not that great they can be obtained just by watching videos and maybe getting a few people to help. That way it IS challenging for many, but very obtainable. I think doing it those that had lone wolf before the update only would piss people off, especially with the game now (i believe) more balanced to be harder in legendary. , seriously before they made it harder it was really easy.
>
> I don’t know about the difficulty change’s affect on me (since I finished it about a week or two before the ‘patch’ was announced) but I would like to explain the reasoning on making the armor exclusive. I’ve seen requests for Master Chief’s current look to be available in multiplayer, but I’ve also seen the complaint that his armor was personalized for him through Cortana and that would be doing some sort of disservice to the lore. So, I thought, “Let’s make it ultra rare.” This is the result. It would definitely piss off people, but hey, those that got it can feel accomplished, right?

then anyone that has 7250/7250 between MCC and 5 should be allowed his armor in MM then, then its REALLY exclusive!

ehhh probably wont happen though. hahah

I also believe there should be some form of in game reward for solo’ing it Legendary. Maybe a unique armour, skin, emblem, anything! My friend completed the MCC on LASO with his friend and I was shocked to find out that they got nothing in the form of unique in game rewards. Where I think you should get a background for you Xbox etc and an emblem to show other people your commitments.

Achievement-tied armor in the game you are playing (and not just outside games, like MCC) would be great. I miss them.
I highly doubt that Master Chief’s armor (the Cortana-modded Mark VI model he currently wears) will ever be made available in multiplayer. No that 343i has made multiplayer canon, it means each player’s multiplayer Spartan is an actual Spartan in the Halo universe. 343i probably doesn’t want anyone completely copying the looks of main characters, especially the Chief. I theorize this is also why the armor sets from the campaign (like Hunter, Helljumper, etc.) all have minor aesthetic differences in multiplayer, so that no player in MP can parade around as a carbon copy of Locke or Buck.

> 2533274817408735;13:
> Achievement-tied armor in the game you are playing (and not just outside games, like MCC) would be great. I miss them.
> I highly doubt that Master Chief’s armor (the Cortana-modded Mark VI model he currently wears) will ever be made available in multiplayer. No that 343i has made multiplayer canon, it means each player’s multiplayer Spartan is an actual Spartan in the Halo universe. 343i probably doesn’t want anyone completely copying the looks of main characters, especially the Chief. I theorize this is also why the armor sets from the campaign (like Hunter, Helljumper, etc.) all have minor aesthetic differences in multiplayer, so that no player in MP can parade around as a carbon copy of Locke or Buck.

I’m pretty sure the “multiplayer is canon” is just an explanation on why Spartans would kill other Spartans. War Games on the Infinity is canon (and war games in general are real), but each and every Warzone or Arena match you play isn’t. Your Spartan and other’s Spartans aren’t canon.

> 2533274845218535;14:
> > 2533274817408735;13:
> > Achievement-tied armor in the game you are playing (and not just outside games, like MCC) would be great. I miss them.
> > I highly doubt that Master Chief’s armor (the Cortana-modded Mark VI model he currently wears) will ever be made available in multiplayer. No that 343i has made multiplayer canon, it means each player’s multiplayer Spartan is an actual Spartan in the Halo universe. 343i probably doesn’t want anyone completely copying the looks of main characters, especially the Chief. I theorize this is also why the armor sets from the campaign (like Hunter, Helljumper, etc.) all have minor aesthetic differences in multiplayer, so that no player in MP can parade around as a carbon copy of Locke or Buck.
>
> I’m pretty sure the “multiplayer is canon” is just an explanation on why Spartans would kill other Spartans. War Games on the Infinity is canon (and war games in general are real), but each and every Warzone or Arena match you play isn’t. Your Spartan and other’s Spartans aren’t canon.

No, they are. Arena and Warzone games are held in sophisticated holographic rooms like those aboard the Infinity and other select locations. But yes, each and every Arena/Warzone match is canon, as they are just extensions of what was called Wargames in Halo 4.

it could be nice to get something from completing that achievement, as was the case with some older Halos. Though this game seemed to be one of the easiest Halos i have played (Halo 4 being the easiest). Anyway, yes it could be nice to see the return of a reward from completing the campaign on legendary (and perhaps legendary solo too, doesnt matter to me too much).

> 2533274817408735;15:
> > 2533274845218535;14:
> > > 2533274817408735;13:
> > >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure the “multiplayer is canon” is just an explanation on why Spartans would kill other Spartans. War Games on the Infinity is canon (and war games in general are real), but each and every Warzone or Arena match you play isn’t. Your Spartan and other’s Spartans aren’t canon.
>
> No, they are. Arena and Warzone games are held in sophisticated holographic rooms like those aboard the Infinity and other select locations. But yes, each and every Arena/Warzone match is canon, as they are just extensions of what was called Wargames in Halo 4.

I’m not saying that War games aren’t canon. I’m saying each game played and each player’s Spartan is irrelevant to the canon.

> 2533274845218535;17:
> > 2533274817408735;15:
> > > 2533274845218535;14:
> > > > 2533274817408735;13:
> > > >
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure the “multiplayer is canon” is just an explanation on why Spartans would kill other Spartans. War Games on the Infinity is canon (and war games in general are real), but each and every Warzone or Arena match you play isn’t. Your Spartan and other’s Spartans aren’t canon.
> >
> > No, they are. Arena and Warzone games are held in sophisticated holographic rooms like those aboard the Infinity and other select locations. But yes, each and every Arena/Warzone match is canon, as they are just extensions of what was called Wargames in Halo 4.
>
> I’m not saying that War games aren’t canon. I’m saying each game played and each player’s Spartan is irrelevant to the canon.

And I’m saying they are.