LoL, wut?

somebody please explain why This wasn’t an insta kill/assassination…

Looks like he thrusted at an angle such that when you hit him it registered as hitting him on the side of his body. It looked like the hit landed on his left hip. Happens sometimes.

For the same reason I hit a crouched, non-moving player square in the face with the ball on Fathom assault and he didn’t die. Crunch sound, shield flash but no damage.

> 2533274987955547;1:
> somebody please explain why This wasn’t an insta kill/assassination…

in a word lag.

He either thrusted out of the way last second, or one of you lagged. Either way that was total BS.

Crap like this happens to me quite a bit. Lag.

Just bad luck …

One thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes, melee attacks have the stopping power of a kitten fart. I’ve seen this phenomenon while giving and receiving.

And other times, I’ll punch a dude in the balls and he’ll die instantly, so there’s that.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam or bump topics</mark>

lol

> 2535446485707379;3:
> For the same reason I hit a crouched, non-moving player square in the face with the ball on Fathom assault and he didn’t die. Crunch sound, shield flash but no damage.

I’ve had similar situations to this and the OP’s clip.

I think what’s happening is when you melee, it pulls you towards the player and then auto-aims to a point which is too high to make the connection in these situations.