lol look at this guy

I guess this is supposed to be a spartan…

On a side note: I’ve heard that halo 4 is using certain things as place holders and I’m wondering if the design of the banshee from reach is one of them, cause if it’s after halo 3 then isn’t it supposed to look different?

Ugly shoulders, however, the helmet is fine- Hazop.

The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.

Yeah, looks super silly. In game, they look much better through

It’s the freaking Incredible Hulk!!!

All the Spartans I’ve seen so far, mainly just helmets I’ve seen, have looked uber-silly and ugly. I’m really hoping for better looking Spartans but hey, I play for gameplay… not to dress up my doll-err… Spartan.

> It’s the freaking Incredible Hulk!!!

Lol

> The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.

Well I get what you’re saying but it’s not right. I get that reach is a prequel to the other games so they’re supposedly earlier designs of weapons and vehicles, but this is the design of the banshee in halo 1 and more or less the following games. So if you want to follow canon then it doesn’t make sense to revert back to the early design.

> The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.

“Retcon”.

> > The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.
>
> Well I get what you’re saying but it’s not right. I get that reach is a prequel to the other games so they’re supposedly earlier designs of weapons and vehicles, but this is the design of the banshee in halo 1 and more or less the following games. So if you want to follow canon then it doesn’t make sense to revert back to the early design.

Artistic license.

Eww, his ARMS…
Eww, his helmet…
JUST EWW!

I’m not a fan of the new Hazop look but oh well, there are plenty of other great looking helmets that have been created for H4.

> > The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.
>
> Well I get what you’re saying but it’s not right. I get that reach is a prequel to the other games so they’re supposedly earlier designs of weapons and vehicles, but this is the design of the banshee in halo 1 and more or less the following games. So if you want to follow canon then it doesn’t make sense to revert back to the early design.

It’s a deliberate alteration to the whole Halo universe. They changed it, they didn’t revert back to any banshee. If Halo 2 and 3 were to be remade, the banshee would look the same, or extremely similar to Halo Reach’s.

> Ugly shoulders, however, the helmet is fine- Hazop.

You can tell by the things sad face that it knows it has a big ugly forehead.

Hazop in reach is the helmet I’m using, I think, and it looks like a good traditional helmet. Not that.

why wont they just cut to the chase and put out a public beta instead of shoving videos in our face

> why wont they just cut to the chase and put out a public beta instead of shoving videos in our face

In the time it takes to “freeze” and launch a version as a Beta, 343i themselves would have already found and fixed any visible bugs in their own internal builds. Anything we’d find, they’d already know about.

everything look weird and ugly at first though so just wait we’ll see how armor goes

> why wont they just cut to the chase and put out a public beta instead of shoving videos in our face

The purpose of a public Beta is to run test for bugs/glitches. 343i confirmed that there will be NO public Beta. There is an internal Beta going on at 343 industries.

you do realize that it’s not finished yet? that they may change it

> > > The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.
> >
> > Well I get what you’re saying but it’s not right. I get that reach is a prequel to the other games so they’re supposedly earlier designs of weapons and vehicles, but this is the design of the banshee in halo 1 and more or less the following games. So if you want to follow canon then it doesn’t make sense to revert back to the early design.
>
> Artistic license.

I get that they have the right to. My question is if it’s a placeholder design for some reason or if that’s the look they’re sticking with.

> > > > The banshee has always looked the same as Reach, I forget the word for it. In canon, it has always looked like Reach’s, not like Halo 3’s. Do you get what I’m saying? They altered canon and changed it.
> > >
> > > Well I get what you’re saying but it’s not right. I get that reach is a prequel to the other games so they’re supposedly earlier designs of weapons and vehicles, but this is the design of the banshee in halo 1 and more or less the following games. So if you want to follow canon then it doesn’t make sense to revert back to the early design.
> >
> > Artistic license.
>
> I get that they have the right to. My question is if it’s a placeholder design for some reason or if that’s the look they’re sticking with.

Well, the same design was in the campaign demo. And considering the same design is in the two latest Halo games, I’d say most likely! :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great design though.