LOL, Lawsuits thread got locked

<mark>Do not repost locked content.</mark>

Post
Tweet
Submit
E-mail
Copy
Like 0
IVAN MARK IV wrote:

Your obviously don’t know enough of commerce law to state who is and who isn’t legaly liable for anything. “Justice” law is much simpler than commerce law as you are either innocent or guilty, its just about the most black and white type of law there is. The fact that you even mention “ANY JUDGE IN NORTH AMERICA” shows that your really blind as to how law would be applied in this case. The percentage of cases involving breach of contract or any commerce disputes (outside of small claims) that actually ever see a judge is around %5 , this is due to the fact that the law is very gray in this area most of these cases and specially class actions end in settlements, the only thing the judge usually does in these cases is sign an order previously agreed upon by the parties in the lawsuit, and car analogies are used to explain how contract law usually is suppose to work in a way most people would be familiar with.

You’ve literally just said nothing. Tell me, why hasn’t it happened already with the plethora of games that have been much more broken than this? Where’s the legal precedent?

To answer this guy since I cant do it on the actual thread as its been locked, games have always had bugs but back in the day they couldnt patch them so they wouldn’t release them until them were reasonably sure it worked. As far as games being totally FKD and having whole parts being broken this is actually kind of new, started with Battlefield 4, now Master chief collection, and assassins creed unity. Assassins creed unity actually gives you a free game but you have to agree not to sue them, they must obviously think they are liable to be sued. My guess 343 will do something similar with the ODST download so if you plan on suing them beware before downloading ODST.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/20/7427437/assassins-creed-unity-free-game-lawsuit-class-action

> 2751752986610704;1:
> Post
> Tweet
> Submit
> E-mail
> Copy
> Like 0
> IVAN MARK IV wrote:
>
> Your obviously don’t know enough of commerce law to state who is and who isn’t legaly liable for anything. “Justice” law is much simpler than commerce law as you are either innocent or guilty, its just about the most black and white type of law there is. The fact that you even mention “ANY JUDGE IN NORTH AMERICA” shows that your really blind as to how law would be applied in this case. The percentage of cases involving breach of contract or any commerce disputes (outside of small claims) that actually ever see a judge is around %5 , this is due to the fact that the law is very gray in this area most of these cases and specially class actions end in settlements, the only thing the judge usually does in these cases is sign an order previously agreed upon by the parties in the lawsuit, and car analogies are used to explain how contract law usually is suppose to work in a way most people would be familiar with.
>
> You’ve literally just said nothing. Tell me, why hasn’t it happened already with the plethora of games that have been much more broken than this? Where’s the legal precedent?
>
> To answer this guy since I cant do it on the actual thread as its been locked, games have always had bugs but back in the day they couldnt patch them so they wouldn’t release them until them were reasonably sure it worked. As far as games being totally FKD and having whole parts being broken this is actually kind of new, started with Battlefield 4, now Master chief collection, and assassins creed unity. Assassins creed unity actually gives you a free game but you have to agree not to sue them, they must obviously think they are liable to be sued. My guess 343 will do something similar with the ODST download so if you plan on suing them beware before downloading ODST.
> http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/20/7427437/assassins-creed-unity-free-game-lawsuit-class-action

Way to go! Was so sick of the “You can’t do that to them” crap…

They really deserve to be sued.

Obviously they knew this game was broken but released it anyways so they could take advantage of the holiday season.

Game can pose a huge financial problem, as shown lol.

Do not post about moderation decisions.

> 2533274814585467;5:
> Do not post about moderation decisions.

Lol Schools back!

> 2533274814585467;5:
> Do not post about moderation decisions.

Are you a mod or something? I can’t imagine an impartial party saying something so stupid, as he clearly wasn’t concerned about mods and just wanted to continue the discussion.

> 2533274817986358;7:
> > 2533274814585467;5:
> > Do not post about moderation decisions.
>
>
> Are you a mod or something? I can’t imagine an impartial party saying something so stupid, as he clearly wasn’t concerned about mods and just wanted to continue the discussion.

No the thread was closed for a reason and this is continuing the thread.

> 2533274808590549;8:
> > 2533274817986358;7:
> > > 2533274814585467;5:
> > > Do not post about moderation decisions.
> >
> >
> >
> > Are you a mod or something? I can’t imagine an impartial party saying something so stupid, as he clearly wasn’t concerned about mods and just wanted to continue the discussion.
>
>
> No the thread was closed for a reason and this is continuing the thread.

The reason was that it was “unproductive” but it’s really only unproductive for 343. It could be very productive for their “fans”.

> 2533274817986358;9:
> > 2533274808590549;8:
> > > 2533274817986358;7:
> > > > 2533274814585467;5:
> > > > Do not post about moderation decisions.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you a mod or something? I can’t imagine an impartial party saying something so stupid, as he clearly wasn’t concerned about mods and just wanted to continue the discussion.
> >
> >
> >
> > No the thread was closed for a reason and this is continuing the thread.
>
>
> The reason was that it was “unproductive” but it’s really only unproductive for 343. It could be very productive for their “fans”.

That’s EXACTLY right.

> 2533274817986358;9:
> The reason was that it was “unproductive” but it’s really only unproductive for 343. It could be very productive for their “fans”.

If you want to waste your money with court fees against the parent company of Microsoft then have fun. However rules are rules are rules. I feel as though I was the only person who was forced to read Lord of the Flies back in high school. But it was deemed unproductive by a mod who honestly has no ties to 343 at all.

> 2533274808590549;11:
> > 2533274817986358;9:
> > The reason was that it was “unproductive” but it’s really only unproductive for 343. It could be very productive for their “fans”.
>
>
> If you want to waste your money with court fees against the parent company of Microsoft then have fun. However rules are rules are rules. I feel as though I was the only person who was forced to read Lord of the Flies back in high school. But it was deemed unproductive by a mod who honestly has no ties to 343 at all.

Of course I’m not going to do it. Some of these guys were well on their way to doing it for me though.

> 2533274808590549;11:
> > 2533274817986358;9:
> > The reason was that it was “unproductive” but it’s really only unproductive for 343. It could be very productive for their “fans”.
>
>
>
> If you want to waste your money with court fees against the parent company of Microsoft then have fun. However rules are rules are rules. I feel as though I was the only person who was forced to read Lord of the Flies back in high school. But it was deemed unproductive by a mod who honestly has no ties to 343 at all.

Right…the people 343 trusts with a bit of control over what we the customers see and read about THEIR livelihood has no ties to them at all. Everyone, do not listen to this person. They will mislead you like his/her owners.

> 2535421696403374;13:
> Right…the people 343 trusts with a bit of control over what we the customers see and read about THEIR livelihood has no ties to them at all. Everyone, do not listen to this person. They will mislead you like his/her owners.

Sigh, moderator on this forum are chosen by the forum staff from the members of the community. Most have been fans of the franchise since day 1. I personally have no ties to a moderator position on these forums. However I do believe that rules are meant to be followed. And continuing a topic that was deemed against the rules is in fact breaking the rules.