Logical explanation for all of the changes *Read*

Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.

In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs

In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs

In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.

All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.

The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.

Thoughts on this?

> Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.
>
> In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs
>
> In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs
>
> In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.
>
> All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.
>
> The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.
>
> Thoughts on this?

gameplay > story

Want story? Go read a book. I want good gameplay.

> > Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.
> >
> > In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs
> >
> > In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs
> >
> > In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.
> >
> > All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.
> >
> > The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.
> >
> > Thoughts on this?
>
> gameplay > story
>
> Want story? Go read a book. I want good gameplay.

I am guessing you have seen the n00b effect by Zero Punctuation.

> > Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.
> >
> > In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs
> >
> > In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs
> >
> > In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.
> >
> > All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.
> >
> > The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.
> >
> > Thoughts on this?
>
> gameplay > story
>
> Want Story? go read a book. <mark>i want good gameplay</mark>

How do you know it won’t be good? We’ve seen like 4 seconds total of MP footage. And if you have been paying any attention, story is a big part in all modes in Halo 4. If you just care about gameplay and not story or both, go play CoD.

Canon should not ever dictate multiplayer, ever.

> Canon should not ever dictate multiplayer, ever.

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Simple.

> > > Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.
> > >
> > > In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs
> > >
> > > In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs
> > >
> > > In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.
> > >
> > > All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.
> > >
> > > The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.
> > >
> > > Thoughts on this?
> >
> > gameplay > story
> >
> > Want Story? go read a book. <mark>i want good gameplay</mark>
>
> How do you know it won’t be good? We’ve seen like 4 seconds total of MP footage. And if you have been paying any attention, story is a big part in all modes in Halo 4. If you just care about gameplay and not story or both, go play CoD.

Except the reason I play Halo over CoD is because I like the gameplay better in Halo. We do have a very similar experience in Halo Reach and other games with AAs and some loadouts so people aren’t absolutely pulling opinions out of their -Yoink-.

title said logical, you lied

> gameplay > story
>
> Want story? Go read a book. I want good gameplay.

The games have way better story than most of the books anyway.

> > Canon should not ever dictate multiplayer, ever.
>
> If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Simple.

oh for goodness sake shut up, let him have his opinion.

> > > Of course, a lot of you want it to play like Halo 2 and 3. Reach was disappointing to you because it didn’t. Something just crossed my mind a second ago. I haven’t seen anyone say this yet and I feel like this is part of the reasong for the huge change from 3 to Reach and 3 to 4.
> > >
> > > In Halo 2/3, you control Spartan IIs
> > >
> > > In Halo Reach, you control Spartan IIIs
> > >
> > > In Halo 4, you will control Spartan IVs.
> > >
> > > All of these Spartans have different characteristics from one another. Spartan IIs are very different from Spartan IIIs, which Spartan IIIs could obviously do more, like use a jetpack or have built-in camo, but they could not dual-wield like the Spartan IIs. The Spartan IIIs are smaller and slower than Spartan IIs, but to me they felt like they had better shields than IIs. We don’t know much about Spartan IVs yet, so we don’t know if it will be like either of those or play totally different.
> > >
> > > The point is, different Spartans can do different things, and Spartan IIs can’t use armor abilities and IIIs and IVs can, and apparently that’s why they are in. So the changes may not be because it’s what 343i wants and they want to ignore the community, it might be because they want the Spartan IVs to be able to do certain things, and since they are creating the Spartan IVs, they can do whatever they want to them, so they add new things and make it so that they are unique and don’t play like the other Spartans because they are not Spartan IIs or IIIs.
> > >
> > > Thoughts on this?
> >
> > gameplay > story
> >
> > Want Story? go read a book. i want good gameplay
>
> How do you know it won’t be good? We’ve seen like 4 seconds total of MP footage. And if you have been paying any attention, story is a big part in all modes in Halo 4. If you just care about gameplay and not story or both, go play <mark>Battlefield 3</mark>.

Fixed.

OT: I think it makes sense OP, but I don’t think this is the sole reason why they chose to keep the AA aspect and remove respawn times etc.

~ Duck.

Sorry for the Double post, browser went a bit schizo xD

~ Duck.

Remember when games were designed around gameplay and map design, Not gimmicks?

> Remember when games were designed around gameplay and map design, Not gimmicks?

So true.

The n00b effect: