Locusts still an issue.......

Every top team is still running one player who masses locusts, they wait for you to attack, then use a portal and destroy your base. It’s beyond frustrating and genuinely making me think about just giving up on this game because rts should be about battles and micro, not watching someone dodge and destroy your base over and over again. Yeah I know, scout, build counters, blah blah… Just go play the game and see how often it happens, its every game

I think the locust as a unit is fine now, it’s the issue of teleport. They either need to make it so locusts can’t be teleported or so that tele requires LOS. Just look at colony, his locusts behave in a very fair way.

I’d be fine with a change to teleport.

Also remember how hard it is to balance things around 2v2s and 3v3s

> 2533274927740213;3:
> I’d be fine with a change to teleport.
>
> Also remember how hard it is to balance things around 2v2s and 3v3s

True, true.

Regardless, teleport is an insanely powerful tool in any mode.

Teleport needs to go or be seriously reworked.

Right now? Easiest fix is to reduce the diameter to make it similar in size to Decimus’s Fury. I don’t care if that makes Shippy worthless, I think it is a worthy sacrifice. There’s no bad Banished leader right now.

> 2533274821521504;5:
> Teleport needs to go or be seriously reworked.
>
> Right now? Easiest fix is to reduce the diameter to make it similar in size to Decimus’s Fury. I don’t care if that makes Shippy worthless, I think it is a worthy sacrifice. There’s no bad Banished leader right now.

And if you have double teleport for Shipmaster it goes to the size it’s currently at?

> 2533274927740213;6:
> > 2533274821521504;5:
> > Teleport needs to go or be seriously reworked.
> >
> > Right now? Easiest fix is to reduce the diameter to make it similar in size to Decimus’s Fury. I don’t care if that makes Shippy worthless, I think it is a worthy sacrifice. There’s no bad Banished leader right now.
>
> And if you have double teleport for Shipmaster it goes to the size it’s currently at?

No, that would only make Shippy come on top, it would kill the other leaders. I would rather it be a single point power, maybe just make it so that Shippy has it more often, shorter cooldown.

> 2533274793007755;1:
> Every top team is still running one player who masses locusts, they wait for you to attack, then use a portal and destroy your base. It’s beyond frustrating and genuinely making me think about just giving up on this game because rts should be about battles and micro, not watching someone dodge and destroy your base over and over again. Yeah I know, scout, build counters, blah blah… Just go play the game and see how often it happens, its every game

I think it’s more of the o.p leader abilities teleport,bulwark,dying breath,invulnerability that make locusts more o.p

I don’t know about everyone else, but the teleport makes no sense in an RTS game. You effectively bypass a key game mechanic (LOS), with very little negative. Not to mention shipmaster can also use extraction to pull the units back out. I hate saying things are OP, but honestly teleport does not fit into a strategy game. Locusts themselves are fine as pointed out by others.

> 2533274875084332;9:
> I don’t know about everyone else, but the teleport makes no sense in an RTS game. You effectively bypass a key game mechanic (LOS), with very little negative. Not to mention shipmaster can also use extraction to pull the units back out. I hate saying things are OP, but honestly teleport does not fit into a strategy game. Locusts themselves are fine as pointed out by others.

I have to disagree, just because I find it an interesting leader power. I do however get some of the issues people have with Teleport, but the Shipmaster has no good offensive leader powers. If they overly nerf Shipmasters teleport he’ll become the least used banished leader instantly. Not sure what the solution is tbh, but taking away his only good abilities and making them useless isn’t the answer.

everyone in here going on like locusts cannot be beat.
then saying how they need to completely break a character just because everyone is butt hurt.
you should be building counter units…its not hard to do. especially since you already know the leader your opponent is playing before the game starts.

if ANYTHING should be changed for the Shipmaster, its longer cool down and higher cost for teleport. but thats about it.

“Teleport makes no sense on RTS” Well, guess you never played Age of Mythology, Empire Earth or Rise of Legends, all of them good RTS and their communities never complained of tleport.
At best the Shipmaster’s teleport should have an increased cooldown and price, but that’s all, Locusts’ health really sucks and most of leader powers can take them down, unless the player is an Atriox and counters with bulwark.

Also, it’s a strategy game, I believe your problem is that most of you are sending all your army to attack and leaving your bases unprotected… A rather foolish tactic.

Locusts are fine. It is the teleport. I think the player should have vision on where he teleports. And maybe like HW1 if he has vision with his hero unit, give it unlimited range. At the same time…bulwark is also pretty atrocious when the locusts get there, but that’s why you gotta prevent them from getting there in the first place.

To to those who say scout, counter…blah blah blah. It really doesn’t matter if you do that with teleport. Good shipmaster players can go one base with locusts and reavers…you know it’s coming and still steal your base from you when you have fully prepared army. They can do this and easily out base build you if you counter by go after their main if you can’t get back to your base in time. Setting up artillary with multiple watch towers and mines and as much map vision as possible is the best counter, but still in some cases it seems unavoidable.

Maybe they should make teleport have a population limit. For example you can only teleport 40 population worth of units.

> 2533274793007755;1:
> Every top team is still running one player who masses locusts, they wait for you to attack, then use a portal and destroy your base. It’s beyond frustrating and genuinely making me think about just giving up on this game because rts should be about battles and micro, not watching someone dodge and destroy your base over and over again. Yeah I know, scout, build counters, blah blah… Just go play the game and see how often it happens, its every game

In Large teams if you know locusts are coming have you tried splitting your forces? IE not using “all units” to move them so they don’t all get teleported at once? I know doing this sort of micro can be hard - but if the ring can’t grab all of your units - then maybe you might be able to fight a shipmaster easier?

> 2600962820510266;10:
> > 2533274875084332;9:
> > I don’t know about everyone else, but the teleport makes no sense in an RTS game. You effectively bypass a key game mechanic (LOS), with very little negative. Not to mention shipmaster can also use extraction to pull the units back out. I hate saying things are OP, but honestly teleport does not fit into a strategy game. Locusts themselves are fine as pointed out by others.
>
> I have to disagree, just because I find it an interesting leader power. I do however get some of the issues people have with Teleport, but the Shipmaster has no good offensive leader powers. If they overly nerf Shipmasters teleport he’ll become the least used banished leader instantly. Not sure what the solution is tbh, but taking away his only good abilities and making them useless isn’t the answer.

Where did I say to remove it? It can still work without overly nerfing shipmaster or removing those abilities. E.g. Have LOS required to teleport, and reduce the amount of units teleported or have the unit be a little weaker straight after teleport (like fatigue in blitz) to balance things out a bit. As it though, as I said before they make no sense in a strategy game in their current state.

What about these ideas for adjustments to teleport. I’ve heard a lot of interesting ideas and most definitely think there are some cool ones out there. But here are just some collective changes that I’ve seen thrown around into one in a fun and interesting combination.

All teleports for shipmaster increase in cooldown by 30-90 seconds.
All teleport costs for shipmaster increase in cost (especially the ultimate now) by a moderate amount to reflect how powerful they are

Key Functionality Change Ideas for ALL teleports shipmaster possesses as well as other banished leaders.

Teleport worked a large distance with LOS and you had a debuff to damage/speed of the teleported units for a brief period of time after the teleport
And Teleport worked half of the distance without LOS, the damage/speed of the teleported units was decreased for a longer period of time AND any units with shields have the shields popped on teleport.

This would ALSO work for shipmaster’s ability to move an opponents units meaning you have to have line of sight to move them or not, but vice versa in what affects them.
IE
Teleport enemy units with LOS and the damage/speed of the teleported units was decreased for a longer period of time AND any units with shields have the shields popped on teleport
Teleport enemy units without LOS and the teleport distance is shorter and units movement/damage is debuffed for a shorter period of time.

It would make using the abilities that much more tactical and you would have the current functionality as well as the option to move short or longer distances.

> 2533274792014876;17:
> What about these ideas for adjustments to teleport. I’ve heard a lot of interesting ideas and most definitely think there are some cool ones out there. But here are just some collective changes that I’ve seen thrown around into one in a fun and interesting combination.
>
> All teleports for shipmaster increase in cooldown by 30-90 seconds.
> All teleport costs for shipmaster increase in cost (especially the ultimate now) by a moderate amount to reflect how powerful they are
>
> Key Functionality Change Ideas for ALL teleports shipmaster possesses as well as other banished leaders.
>
> Teleport worked a large distance with LOS and you had a debuff to damage/speed of the teleported units for a brief period of time after the teleport
> And Teleport worked half of the distance without LOS, the damage/speed of the teleported units was decreased for a longer period of time AND any units with shields have the shields popped on teleport.
>
> This would ALSO work for shipmaster’s ability to move an opponents units meaning you have to have line of sight to move them or not, but vice versa in what affects them.
> IE
> Teleport enemy units with LOS and the damage/speed of the teleported units was decreased for a longer period of time AND any units with shields have the shields popped on teleport
> Teleport enemy units without LOS and the teleport distance is shorter and units movement/damage is debuffed for a shorter period of time.
>
> It would make using the abilities that much more tactical and you would have the current functionality as well as the option to move short or longer distances.

Honestly, forcing Teleport and Displacement into having line of sight would make them useless, thus making Shipmaster useless too, he lacks of any offensive power aside from glassing beam and Spirit Assault, both of them have been nerfed. I’m ok with negative effects on teleport and cooldown increased but that’s it.

I really don’t get why people complain so badly about Shipmaster now, he did not get as many buffs or nerfs as the others, even the devs said he is quite balanced. It looks like a tauntrum for having their broken leaders nerfed and now they’re unable to find a good strategy.

> 2533274847730244;18:
> > 2533274792014876;17:
> > …
>
> Honestly, forcing Teleport and Displacement into having line of sight would make them useless, thus making Shipmaster useless too,[…]

forcing Teleport and Displacement into having line of sight would force players to ACTUALLY use scouts FIXED

And Shipmaster has the best scouts. Ghost, cloaked marauder, the hero elite, the mass cloaking leader power … you choose …

> 2535433590088088;19:
> > 2533274847730244;18:
> > > 2533274792014876;17:
> > > …
> >
> > Honestly, forcing Teleport and Displacement into having line of sight would make them useless, thus making Shipmaster useless too,[…]
>
> forcing Teleport and Displacement into having line of sight would force players to ACTUALLY use scouts FIXED
>
> And Shipmaster has the best scouts. Ghost, cloaked marauder, the hero elite, the mass cloaking leader power … you choose …

Use some logic, if Displacement is meant to buy some time against a large army, a scout is clearly not going to be able to pass through it. As I said Shipmaster doesn’t have good offensive; you are complaining of losing armies to Displacement and bases to Teleport but Displacement only does half of the work (unlike Inferno, Close Air Support or Erradication) and the Teleport issue would be fixed if people weren’t dumb enough to throw their entire army and leader powers to the bases they are attacking.