Locust are 100% balanced

Link

Hahaha now try being UNSC, where you can’t throw up a shield and leave your base.

Well that doesn’t even showcase how good they are since it doesn’t show how long their sight range is or how fast they are and thereby can deal easily with their counters.

How how badly locust/reaver combos destroy full air as well.

and some peoples direct quotes are “they are perfectly fine, not OP at all stop crying and get good” -.-

> 2533274959649201;5:
> and some peoples direct quotes are “they are perfectly fine, not OP at all stop crying and get good” -.-

Says the people who use them. Lol

The only time I’ve managed to stop a Locust army was when both me and a teammate dropped Inferno and Close Air Support on them. Even then, didn’t matter because it was a 2v2 so we still had one army left to wreck us.

Rushing banished is what I found to be most effective. Just like when anders was diesel. Always attacked anders first and tried to eliminate first. Now it’s any banished leader, especially atriox.

I think I’m going to agree that they are ok for now.
If you don’t agree then please suggest why. I’m up for a good debate.

Here is my reasons:

• If you slow them down, there is nothing that won’t kill them and they will take too long to move around the map - If you reduce their health, every single leader power will wipe them out no matter what level it’s at - If you reduce their DPS, they will be made useless attacking - There is no other banished unit that can fill the gap if they are made useless. UNSC have early game units that do much more than locust can.In full disclosure I play Banished alot and I’ve come across many players who handle Locust well as UNSC. There are things that you just need to learn to properly counter them (scouting being most important).

I already put this argument to bed on the last Locust thread, even changed the minds of those convinced they were unbeatable and OP.

For UNSC my Locust get stopped by Kodiaks every time. A common error people make is going 4 turrets. This is wrong in general in alot of cases but especially with Locusts as they out range just turrets. Instead go 3 turrets and a watchtower, placing the watch tower on the slot you feel least likely to be attacked to make it harder to take out. The watchtower not only increases vision range of your base, detects stealth units, and the big one increases the turrets range, with a watchtower your turrets now have a greater range than the Locusts.

I had suggested seige turrets but as someone pointed out they are tech 3, so might not be an option in some cases. But if you are expecting Locusts build 2 or 3 Kodiaks and set them up at your base, the Locusts can not take the shelling, if the kodiaks and the base turrets don’t repel the locust attack on there own they will buy you enough time for your other units to respond and come mop up the surviving locusts. A leader power such as archer missiles also does wonders at stopping locusts as they can not survive being hit

> 2535409667759808;10:
> I already put this argument to bed on the last Locust thread, even changed the minds of those convinced they were unbeatable and OP.
>
> For UNSC my Locust get stopped by Kodiaks every time. A common error people make is going 4 turrets. This is wrong in general in alot of cases but especially with Locusts as they out range just turrets. Instead go 3 turrets and a watchtower, placing the watch tower on the slot you feel least likely to be attacked to make it harder to take out. The watchtower not only increases vision range of your base, detects stealth units, and the big one increases the turrets range, with a watchtower your turrets now have a greater range than the Locusts.
>
> I had suggested seige turrets but as someone pointed out they are tech 3, so might not be an option in some cases. But if you are expecting Locusts build 2 or 3 Kodiaks and set them up at your base, the Locusts can not take the shelling, if the kodiaks and the base turrets don’t repel the locust attack on there own they will buy you enough time for your other units to respond and come mop up the surviving locusts. A leader power such as archer missiles also does wonders at stopping locusts as they can not survive being hit

I don’t think the complaint was ever about how good they were against bases. Since they are a anti-building unit. The complaint has been about how a anti-building unit became a all around unit and alot of people’s go to unit.
The first game it was really a speciality unit like the kodiak now it is not.

> 2535409667759808;10:
> I already put this argument to bed on the last Locust thread, even changed the minds of those convinced they were unbeatable and OP.
>
> …
> …
>
>
> But if you are expecting Locusts build 2 or 3 Kodiaks and set them up at your base, the Locusts can not take the shelling, if the kodiaks and the base turrets don’t repel the locust attack on there own they will buy you enough time for your other units to respond and come mop up the surviving locusts. A leader power such as archer missiles also does wonders at stopping locusts as they can not survive being hit

Your strategy relies on you waiting to be attacked… You can’t leave Kodiaks at all of your bases, and only a few at each will be quickly overwhelmed and burned down. Meanwhile around the map, unless they walk into an ambush, they will kite you to your death.

It’s their range and ability to kite while simultaneously being good against everything is what makes Locusts a problem. They out-range their counters and can stay out of range - retreating - while still attacking whatever is trying to get at them.

> 2533274809541057;12:
> > 2535409667759808;10:
> > I already put this argument to bed on the last Locust thread, even changed the minds of those convinced they were unbeatable and OP.
> >
> > …
> > …
> >
> > But if you are expecting Locusts build 2 or 3 Kodiaks and set them up at your base, the Locusts can not take the shelling, if the kodiaks and the base turrets don’t repel the locust attack on there own they will buy you enough time for your other units to respond and come mop up the surviving locusts. A leader power such as archer missiles also does wonders at stopping locusts as they can not survive being hit
>
> Your strategy relies on you waiting to be attacked… You can’t leave Kodiaks at all of your bases, and only a few at each will be quickly overwhelmed and burned down. Meanwhile around the map, unless they walk into an ambush, they will kite you to your death.
>
> It’s their range and ability to kite while simultaneously being good against everything is what makes Locusts a problem. They out-range their counters and can stay out of range - retreating - while still attacking whatever is trying to get at them.

The other posts complain about them destroying bases and defending units to quick. However removing that ability to fire and move on approach and retreat is to big of a nerf to all banished when you remember we can not upgrade our hunters without them losing the ability to fire and move, the upgrade actually downgrades them significantly the hunter unit oddly enough is much more effective without the upgrade. If you want my locust to stand still while firing then my beam hunters have to move, we can’t have 2 of our key counter units not being able to engage effectively.

Or you could give both units the sniper treatment, allow them to attack on approach not on retreat, or really even just do that to the locust and allow the beam hunters to fire and move or actually give it the hp and armor required for it to just sit in one spot.

Unfortunately you have to view the armies of UNSC and Banished as whole armies, will one army become underpowered compared to the other. Right now our Locusts function as a better vehicle and tank counter than our hunters, which is a little sad when you think about it

> 2641173531476146;9:
> I think I’m going to agree that they are ok for now.
> If you don’t agree then please suggest why. I’m up for a good debate.
>
> Here is my reasons:
>
>
> - If you slow them down, there is nothing that won’t kill them and they will take too long to move around the map - If you reduce their health, every single leader power will wipe them out no matter what level it’s at - If you reduce their DPS, they will be made useless attacking - There is no other banished unit that can fill the gap if they are made useless. UNSC have early game units that do much more than locust can.In full disclosure I play Banished alot and I’ve come across many players who handle Locust well as UNSC. There are things that you just need to learn to properly counter them (scouting being most important).

The only nerf they need is to shot only while stationary. Same damage speed and health just be stationary for .5 seconds then shoot. Only other possible adjustment you could do is maybe they start with less damage and slowly build up to full power.

Its foolish to show anti-building units destroying buildings and complain about it. I’m not good enough at the game to complain one way or the other, but you have to show how its impossible to get hornets up in time or something. I don’t get why this video would surprise anyone.

> 2535409667759808;13:
> > 2533274809541057;12:
> > > 2535409667759808;10:
> > > I already put this argument to bed on the last Locust thread, even changed the minds of those convinced they were unbeatable and OP.
> > >
> > > …
> > > …
> > >
> > > But if you are expecting Locusts build 2 or 3 Kodiaks and set them up at your base, the Locusts can not take the shelling, if the kodiaks and the base turrets don’t repel the locust attack on there own they will buy you enough time for your other units to respond and come mop up the surviving locusts. A leader power such as archer missiles also does wonders at stopping locusts as they can not survive being hit
> >
> > Your strategy relies on you waiting to be attacked… You can’t leave Kodiaks at all of your bases, and only a few at each will be quickly overwhelmed and burned down. Meanwhile around the map, unless they walk into an ambush, they will kite you to your death.
> >
> > It’s their range and ability to kite while simultaneously being good against everything is what makes Locusts a problem. They out-range their counters and can stay out of range - retreating - while still attacking whatever is trying to get at them.
>
> The other posts complain about them destroying bases and defending units to quick. However removing that ability to fire and move on approach and retreat is to big of a nerf to all banished when you remember we can not upgrade our hunters without them losing the ability to fire and move, the upgrade actually downgrades them significantly the hunter unit oddly enough is much more effective without the upgrade. If you want my locust to stand still while firing then my beam hunters have to move, we can’t have 2 of our key counter units not being able to engage effectively.
>
> Or you could give both units the sniper treatment, allow them to attack on approach not on retreat, or really even just do that to the locust and allow the beam hunters to fire and move or actually give it the hp and armor required for it to just sit in one spot.
>
> Unfortunately you have to view the armies of UNSC and Banished as whole armies, will one army become underpowered compared to the other. Right now our Locusts function as a better vehicle and tank counter than our hunters, which is a little sad when you think about it

they really just need to to function how they did in the first game. it’s a speciality unit used to destroy bases it’s not meant to be the bulk of the army.

imagine if the Kodiak could shot it’s main gun on the move it would no longer be used as artillery. Just like locusts are not used as anti building units.

in the first game you may build a couple and keep them at the back of your army or send them on a mission to mess with one of there other bases while the main attack is happening.

there not even the same vehicle anymore.

> 2716903703776124;15:
> Its foolish to show anti-building destroying buildings and complain about it. I’m not good enough at the game to complain one way or the other, but you have to show how its impossible to get hornets up in time or something. I don’t get why this would surprise anyone.

Got to agree with this. In all honesty, the video OP posted showed him with a few elite rangers, a hero unit, a single marauder and no base defense at 8 minutes … No wonder he got stomped.

That’s not to say I don’t think locusts are strong, but I do feel people are blowing them way out of proportion. All that’s needed in my opinion is a slight movespeed increase to AV infantry and a general pass over scorpion tanks to improve them and locusts will be in a good spot.

Although people seem to be claiming the contrary, I honestly feel air units dominate locusts. Of course, when they mix with reaver anti-air it’s a pain to deal with, but then they have spent population on units that only deal with air. On top of that, any damaging leader powers completely wreck locusts. Inferno. Eradication. Close air support. Even the glassing beams and mine abilities are pretty good.

So as of now locust are a little over powered. This is only because of the 360 degree of fire and their range while moving. I can stop a locust spam almost all the time now. Its all about scouting. If you don’t know it’s coming and get hit by it, your playing wrong.

> 2641173531476146;9:
> I think I’m going to agree that they are ok for now.
> If you don’t agree then please suggest why. I’m up for a good debate.
>
> Here is my reasons:
>
>
> - If you slow them down, there is nothing that won’t kill them and they will take too long to move around the map - If you reduce their health, every single leader power will wipe them out no matter what level it’s at - If you reduce their DPS, they will be made useless attacking - There is no other banished unit that can fill the gap if they are made useless. UNSC have early game units that do much more than locust can.In full disclosure I play Banished alot and I’ve come across many players who handle Locust well as UNSC. There are things that you just need to learn to properly counter them (scouting being most important).

Locusts are building killers but in the current meta they are used to kill pretty much anything in tier 2 and under. A simple DPS reduction to there damage against units (keep the damage against buildings the same) will balance them out. In my opinion, locusts should be used as a way to get past turrets and to control engagements by using there range.

> 2535458426112390;1:
> Link

How does this prove your assertion? All I see is your base getting wrecked =|