Lockout remake, need assistance

So I have been spending my spare time working on a remake of Lockout. I am trying to make it true to scale (based on seconds traveled vice steps) I have completed BR tower, and I am mostly done with the upper part of the center platform and the room connected to both of these spaces. (lower section not done yet)

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to stop the snow elements from going through the walls on buildings? Also I would like suggestions for weapons on map here is what I have so far.

Halo 2 BR (top of BR tower) Needler on middle level and basement level of BR tower(was thinking that one of those could be swapped as the map was setup with dual wield in mind and that isn’t an option anymore)

I plan on placing an infected sword at sword spawn, and had considered replacing the standard pistol pickups with Halo CE pistols as this map is heavily CQC and the standard pistol just doesn’t get the job done against any of the weapons on the map. Needler, SMG, Brute Plasma Rifle (replacing standard plasma rifle pickup)

I am trying to keep balancing in mind while making this map however. I have even made sure all jumps that were possible in Halo 2 are able to be made in Halo 5. (including jumping from the window in the room next to BR tower to the ramp leading into BR tower. (albeit with thrusters and clamber as Halo 2 jump was very floaty and if I adjust the map so you can do it without those abilities, then the scale will be completely off)

There is also the issue of the standard Plasma Pistol on the map as it will end up being the only weapon without a real purpose. Should I replace is with an AR pickup like they did in the anniversary edition map or just leave it with the standard plasma pistol?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

> 2533274796951708;1:
> So I have been spending my spare time working on a remake of Lockout. I am trying to make it true to scale (based on seconds traveled vice steps) I have completed BR tower, and I am mostly done with the upper part of the center platform and the room connected to both of these spaces. (lower section not done yet)
>
> I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to stop the snow elements from going through the walls on buildings? Also I would like suggestions for weapons on map here is what I have so far.
>
> Halo 2 BR (top of BR tower) Needler on middle level and basement level of BR tower(was thinking that one of those could be swapped as the map was setup with dual wield in mind and that isn’t an option anymore)
>
> I plan on placing an infected sword at sword spawn, and had considered replacing the standard pistol pickups with Halo CE pistols as this map is heavily CQC and the standard pistol just doesn’t get the job done against any of the weapons on the map. Needler, SMG, Brute Plasma Rifle (replacing standard plasma rifle pickup)
>
> I am trying to keep balancing in mind while making this map however. I have even made sure all jumps that were possible in Halo 2 are able to be made in Halo 5. (including jumping from the window in the room next to BR tower to the ramp leading into BR tower. (albeit with thrusters and clamber as Halo 2 jump was very floaty and if I adjust the map so you can do it without those abilities, then the scale will be completely off)
>
> There is also the issue of the standard Plasma Pistol on the map as it will end up being the only weapon without a real purpose. Should I replace is with an AR pickup like they did in the anniversary edition map or just leave it with the standard plasma pistol?
>
> Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

You should focus on constructing the map around the abilities and when you finish doing that, add in the weapons you think would work on it after all that is done, don’t think about weapons at all til then or it’ll just throw you off. Also, you would have to angle the snow in a way so it doesn’t go into buildings, you can’t really just cut a piece off, or at least I don’t think you can.

I’m not the best forger but doing this helped me out when I recreated a map. Good luck and hope I helped!

> 2535406272231884;2:
> > 2533274796951708;1:
> >
>
>
> You should focus on constructing the map around the abilities and when you finish doing that, add in the weapons you think would work on it after all that is done, don’t think about weapons at all til then or it’ll just throw you off. Also, you would have to angle the snow in a way so it doesn’t go into buildings, you can’t really just cut a piece off, or at least I don’t think you can.
>
> I’m not the best forger but doing this helped me out when I recreated a map. Good luck and hope I helped!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have been trying to make sure that the movements on the map feels true to Lockout and I have kept armor abilities in mind. One thing that I have noticed which may be a minor problem but might be an interesting new addition is the fact that you can clamber up the back of BR tower from a specific angle. I don’t want to stretch the map intentionally to compensate for sprint because of the style of map I don’t believe many people will want to sprint around this map. I also had to build the building to the left of BR tower really tall so people couldn’t just use armor abilities to climb up on top of it giving them god tier advantage. and if you do sprint jump from the catwalk you can get to the middle platform (the one with the glass on it) Which will definitely be something I will need help with balancing to make sure that just because you can, doesn’t mean everyone will want to, ya know?

I was hoping there was a way to make a zone nullifier for elemental particles because even in Halo 2 when you walk inside a building because at the moment the snow literally cuts through walls as if they aren’t there.

Anyone know how you build slanted walls for the room below the glass platform. I just got to that part and am stuck… Those slanted walls will be the bane of this project :s

> 2533274796951708;4:
> Anyone know how you build slanted walls for the room below the glass platform. I just got to that part and am stuck… Those slanted walls will be the bane of this project :s

Rotate the walls, look through forge objects for something slanted in the way you need.

> 2535406272231884;5:
> > 2533274796951708;4:
> > Anyone know how you build slanted walls for the room below the glass platform. I just got to that part and am stuck… Those slanted walls will be the bane of this project :s
>
>
> Rotate the walls, look through forge objects for something slanted in the way you need.

The closest slant that I have found so far is the wedges however they don’t fit the scale.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-clips?page=1&gamertag=N00B%20Kl11A#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gameclip_N00B%20Kl11A_b4ab3cd5-defd-4bab-8fff-26eca01cbedb

My 3 newest recordings are of what I have so far on the map. feel free to give any feedback you can.

I will say in advance I haven’t really set any of the map color schemes yet so that will still need to be done.

So how’s the remake coming along?

> 2535406272231884;8:
> So how’s the remake coming along?

I’m almost done. Going to need a few people to test it out. Just have sniper tower to go. Took a break after readjusting the tower over an hour of time only to have my internet cut on me and lose all the progress. Then it’s just spawn points and remaining weapon drops.

Also put destructible glass in the middle on a 45 second respawn. (That one is tricky but I hope people like it)