LOCKOUT IN MATCHMAKING TOMORROW!

That’s right. A remake of Lockout is going into the Community Forge Test playlist tomorrow. Here’s part of the forum post by bs angel:

> Map: Shutout
> Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.
> Author: Big Papa SaLoT

Are you guys excited? For some reason I am actually excited to play Halo 4 now! Are you?
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst180572_Community-Forge-Test-Playlist-Information.aspx

Lockout wasn’t as great as everyone with a nostalgia -Yoink!- believes. It almost always ended up in a painful standstill.

Awesome.

Just wondering, how do you show these maps to 343i?

> Awesome.
>
> Just wondering, how do you show these maps to 343i?

IDK, maybe you have to PM bs angel or a 343 person. It’s really tough to get in, that’s all I know.

Well I can’t even play, because it’s exam time :frowning:

YES!!! Was my favorite map in H2 :slight_smile:

Next we need our free for all playlist lol

Lockout with sprint, insta spawns and random ordnance drops… i dont think it will be very good.

Has anybody checked out all the maps yet? Are there any other old maps remade in forge coming out tomorrow in the test playlist?

> Lockout with sprint, insta spawns and random ordnance drops… i dont think it will be very good.

It said Infinity Slayer and SWAT for this map, so maybe SWAT will be a little better. But I’m cautiously optimistic that it won’t be too terrible.

Grreeaaattt…we get to see a classic beloved Halo map get BUTCHERED, turned inside out and upside down with Infinity Slayer.

Lockout out with Jetpacks may be pretty iffy. We’ll see how it goes.

Sprint isn’t even the worst part. People have played Lockout with Sprint and while it was different, it wasn’t bad. The jet pack is what is going to make it really iffy though. The tower is going to be kind of pointless if people can just fly up in the air to get an angle on it.

> Grreeaaattt…we get to see a classic beloved Halo map get BUTCHERED, turned inside out and upside down with Infinity Slayer.

If it doesn’t work, then it doesn’t work. But doesn’t the prospect of it WORKING get you excited? Just a little? I’m sorry if I sound too excited, but I never got to play Lockout, only Blackout. I know this will be night and day compared to the original, but it will still be interesting to see how this guy made it.

Forge maps ruines gameplay and look ugly. I really hope they stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of the rest of the playlist.

If forge maps are introduced to other playlist other then the forge playlist Halo 4 matchmaking will be ruined forever.

> Grreeaaattt…we get to see a classic beloved Halo map get BUTCHERED, turned inside out and upside down with Infinity Slayer.

This.

BS angel said; and I quote:

> > Why would you use infinity slayer settings for small maps… That just boggles my mind. Small maps are meant for balanced gameplay. Custom loadouts instant spawns, sprint, aa’s. None of these will work on small maps, well looks like yet another playlist that will be dead shortly after its put in.
>
> Community Forge Test playlist.
>
> Community Forge TEST playlist.
>
> Community Forge TEST playlist.
>
> (If I could put bright, flashing lights around the “Test” part, I would.)

> Forge maps ruines gameplay and look ugly. I really hope they stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of the rest of the playlist.
>
> If forge maps are introduced to other playlist other then the forge playlist Halo 4 matchmaking will be ruined forever.

Most forge maps > High Grounds > Construct > Adrift > A pile of feces > Complex.

They don’t look half as bad as you make them out to be, and looks matter less than gameplay.

> > Forge maps ruines gameplay and look ugly. I really hope they stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of the rest of the playlist.
> >
> > If forge maps are introduced to other playlist other then the forge playlist Halo 4 matchmaking will be ruined forever.
>
> Most forge maps > High Grounds > Construct > Adrift > A pile of feces > Complex.
>
> They don’t look half as bad as you make them out to be, and looks matter less than gameplay.

High Ground and Construct were good. Construct was in Halo 3’s MLG so I don’t know what you’re smoking.

Man, you guys saying this is a test playlist, ya know what? That’s totally true.

But, ya also know what? Who in the blue hell thought a map designed for Halo 2 that only had guns, grenades, and melee, would even remotely work for Halo 4 default? Who? I wanna know. Is it you, Kevin Franklin? Me and you need to have a chat, friend.

> > Forge maps ruines gameplay and look ugly. I really hope they stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of the rest of the playlist.
> >
> > If forge maps are introduced to other playlist other then the forge playlist Halo 4 matchmaking will be ruined forever.
>
> Most forge maps > High Grounds > Construct > Adrift > A pile of feces > Complex.
>
> They don’t look half as bad as you make them out to be, and looks matter less than gameplay.

You must be a Halo Reach guy that enjoyed getting 10 forge maps and remakes on launch day.

High grounds, construct, where great maps for Halo 3. But would I like to play on remakes of these maps in Halo 4? HELL no… I would just go play Halo 3.

Adrift, complex, and the pile of feces are great NEW maps for Halo 4. Just what it needed New complete maps.

FORGE itself is ruining Halo as a whole. It lets the developers to be lazy to allow the fans to make horrible maps.

I want NEW maps made by people like 343i and Bungie. Forge maps belong in there OWN playlist or stay in custom games. Same goes with “flood” or “infection.”

Neato, I guess.

Too bad I’ll be enjoying Spartan Ops tomorrow instead of multiplayer.