Locke's team is Fireteam Crimson

Spartan Ops takes place in February 2558. Tanaka, Buck and Romeo, whose stories about becoming Spartan-IVs coincidentally were revealed between March and just before the #HuntTheTruth Wallpaper puzzle began, all became Spartan-IVs by 2556, the latter 2 waiting to be transferred to a new team just as Locke was training to become a Spartan-IV. I think it’s safe to say they “retconned” Fireteam Crimson.

Not to mention it fits with the naming convention. S-IV teams are named “Fireteam SOMETHING”, whereas Spartan-II teams are named “COLOR team”. Crimson fits as well, because it represents RED, without being Red or alluding to Red Team directly.

They didnt retcon it. Team members can be swapped out without changing the name.

yea therer swapped

> 2533274823069762;2:
> They didnt retcon it. Team members can be swapped out without changing the name.

Good point. That sort of happened to Blue Team, as well (Samuel, Kurt, and so many others).

Fireteam Crimson is meant to be you though. It’s your SPARTAN-IV and your squad of friends. Like Noble Six and the Rookie, they are just shells for the player to assume the role of.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> Fireteam Crimson is meant to be you though. It’s your SPARTAN-IV and your squad of friends. Like Noble Six and the Rookie, they are just shells for the player to assume the role of.

Which is why I’m guessing they changed them to be actual characters. Spartan Ops didn’t work and Fireteam Crimson was never mentioned again after Spartan Ops (in the comics, which are set after it). Heck, they could always say some of the team was swapped out, died off and was replaced, or that they had different armor back during the events of Spartan Ops, and that their latest armor sets are recent. It’s so easy to explain how they could be Fireteam Crimson.

I got majestic confused with crimson. What I said still applies though.

In any case, should they be a different team, Locke’s team, being under the Orange visor and light (Blue team is under the Blue visor and light), they could be called Fireteam Copper, Fireteam Vermillion, Fireteam Atomic or Fireteam Pumpkin.

> 2533274804670554;8:
> In any case, should they be a different team, Locke’s team, being under the Orange visor and light (Blue team is under the Blue visor and light), they could be called Fireteam Copper, Fireteam Vermillion, Fireteam Atomic or Fireteam Pumpkin.

“Sir, bad news. Looks like Master Chief’s gone rogue.”

sigh “Time to send in the big guns. The most lethal Spartans we have. Send in…Fireteam Pumpkin.”

This is definitely an interesting and thought provoking theory, but I think I’d prefer it if they just left Fireteam Crimson (even if only in name) behind with the myriad of other things about Halo 4 that just flat out didn’t work.

> 2535455577605144;9:
> > 2533274804670554;8:
> > In any case, should they be a different team, Locke’s team, being under the Orange visor and light (Blue team is under the Blue visor and light), they could be called Fireteam Copper, Fireteam Vermillion, Fireteam Atomic or Fireteam Pumpkin.
>
>
> “Sir, bad news. Looks like Master Chief’s gone rogue.”
>
> sigh “Time to send in the big guns. The most lethal Spartans we have. Send in…Fireteam Pumpkin.”

…Fireteam Salmon
…Fireteam Gold-ish Tan-ish Red-ish
…Fireteam Burnt Sienna
…Fireteam Velvet
…Fireteam Rose Petal
…Fireteam Unhealthy Excrement

> 2533274810150284;11:
> > 2535455577605144;9:
> > > 2533274804670554;8:
> > > In any case, should they be a different team, Locke’s team, being under the Orange visor and light (Blue team is under the Blue visor and light), they could be called Fireteam Copper, Fireteam Vermillion, Fireteam Atomic or Fireteam Pumpkin.
> >
> >
> > “Sir, bad news. Looks like Master Chief’s gone rogue.”
> >
> > sigh “Time to send in the big guns. The most lethal Spartans we have. Send in…Fireteam Pumpkin.”
>
>
> …Fireteam Salmon
> …Fireteam Gold-ish Tan-ish Red-ish
> …Fireteam Burnt Sienna
> …Fireteam Velvet*…Fireteam Rose Petal*
> …Fireteam Unhealthy Excrement

Fireteam Lightish-Red
…Fireteam Greenish Blue

I dont think so…this has to be an oni team under oni commands. So it has to have a oni sound to it.

I think Locke’s team are nothing but Oni operatives.

> 2533274830513360;14:
> I think Locke’s team are nothing but Oni operatives.

Is Buck an ONI operative?

> 2533274828579555;15:
> > 2533274830513360;14:
> > I think Locke’s team are nothing but Oni operatives.
>
>
> Is Buck an ONI operative?

He wifed up Veronica Dare IIRC and she is an ONI spook. She may have convinced him to take on this special operation.

No offense to OP, but this theory makes no sense. Fireteam Crimson is a Spartan team. Locke’s team is ONI. Why in the world would 343i make them into the player controlled team from Spartan OPs when they could literally give them any other name? Any other name that would be far less confusing and not involve any retconning whatsoever.

Still thinking ms.red is macer.

> 2533274828579555;15:
> > 2533274830513360;14:
> > I think Locke’s team are nothing but Oni operatives.
>
>
> Is Buck an ONI operative?

I would assume yes, in some way, due to his relationship with Dare.

> 2535455577605144;9:
> > 2533274804670554;8:
> > In any case, should they be a different team, Locke’s team, being under the Orange visor and light (Blue team is under the Blue visor and light), they could be called Fireteam Copper, Fireteam Vermillion, Fireteam Atomic or Fireteam Pumpkin.
>
>
> “Sir, bad news. Looks like Master Chief’s gone rogue.”
>
> sigh “Time to send in the big guns. The most lethal Spartans we have. Send in…Fireteam Pumpkin.”

I was kind of kidding with that last one but OMG… x’)

> 2533274923438871;13:
> I dont think so…this has to be an oni team under oni commands. So it has to have a oni sound to it.

Fireteam Spectre. B)