Locked Entirely Out Of Halo Nightfall

So, I’ve had the content downloaded for a while - redeemed the code and everything. I kind of procrastinated on watching it, but today I opened Halo Channel to do just that. Apparently, I have to buy Nightfall, in spite of the fact that I already own it.

This bug happened to a lot of people before me, it seems, and was apparently resolved for most of those people, but for me, it appears to still be an issue. What do I do to fix this? I’ve already tried re-downloading it, to no effect.

Are you on a different Xbox? Also, try getting it from the Xbox store and see if that helps. That’s what worked for me.

> 2533274841055642;1:
> So, I’ve had the content downloaded for a while - redeemed the code and everything. I kind of procrastinated on watching it, but today I opened Halo Channel to do just that. Apparently, I have to buy Nightfall, in spite of the fact that I already own it.
>
> This bug happened to a lot of people before me, it seems, and was apparently resolved for most of those people, but for me, it appears to still be an issue. What do I do to fix this? I’ve already tried re-downloading it, to no effect.

Checking our database, I do not see Nightfall registered to the account Akamia179. When you installed and set up MCC, did you redeem the 2nd 5x5 code included in the package specifically for Nightfall? Is it possible there was another account active on the Xbox at the time that a registration occurred?

> 2533274799306350;3:
> > 2533274841055642;1:
> > So, I’ve had the content downloaded for a while - redeemed the code and everything. I kind of procrastinated on watching it, but today I opened Halo Channel to do just that. Apparently, I have to buy Nightfall, in spite of the fact that I already own it.
> >
> > This bug happened to a lot of people before me, it seems, and was apparently resolved for most of those people, but for me, it appears to still be an issue. What do I do to fix this? I’ve already tried re-downloading it, to no effect.
>
>
> Checking our database, I do not see Nightfall registered to the account Akamia179. When you installed and set up MCC, did you redeem the 2nd 5x5 code included in the package specifically for Nightfall? Is it possible there was another account active on the Xbox at the time that a registration occurred?

I seem to recall doing that, yes. However, the only other account that could have been active on the Xbox One I use is my brother’s. It is possible I redeemed it on his, but its both our primary Xbox, so we should both have access.

Not that it really should matter because as I said, I re-downloaded it a couple of times, and this was done on my account, without my brother’s account even being active at the time. I don’t understand.

> 2533274841055642;4:
> > 2533274799306350;3:
> > > 2533274841055642;1:
> > > So, I’ve had the content downloaded for a while - redeemed the code and everything. I kind of procrastinated on watching it, but today I opened Halo Channel to do just that. Apparently, I have to buy Nightfall, in spite of the fact that I already own it.
> > >
> > > This bug happened to a lot of people before me, it seems, and was apparently resolved for most of those people, but for me, it appears to still be an issue. What do I do to fix this? I’ve already tried re-downloading it, to no effect.
> >
> >
> > Checking our database, I do not see Nightfall registered to the account Akamia179. When you installed and set up MCC, did you redeem the 2nd 5x5 code included in the package specifically for Nightfall? Is it possible there was another account active on the Xbox at the time that a registration occurred?
>
>
> I seem to recall doing that, yes. However, the only other account that could have been active on the Xbox One I use is my brother’s. It is possible I redeemed it on his, but its both our primary Xbox, so we should both have access.
>
> Not that it really should matter because as I said, I re-downloaded it a couple of times, and this was done on my account, without my brother’s account even being active at the time. I don’t understand.

Can you post or send me the name of other accounts (Your brother) on the Xbox and I can check… The Nightfall code would have been on a separate card from the MCC code, just to jog your memory potentially…

Unfortunately, the license for Nightfall is a per-account license, so if it is redeemed, only the account that redeemed it has access to it, even if there are multiple accounts on the Xbox. This is why I want to check other accounts and see…

The other account is Church5000.

> 2533274841055642;6:
> The other account is Church5000.

Nightfall is active on that account.

Ah. Alright.

… So, how do I make Nightfall active on mine?

> 2533274841055642;8:
> Ah. Alright.
>
> … So, how do I make Nightfall active on mine?

Other than purchase another license (It can be purchased separate from MCC) there is no way to transfer from one account to another that I am aware of. You can always log in on that other account to watch the videos, but any rewards/unlocks that trigger from watching will be credited only to that account.

If you opt to purchase a license for yourself, you can get it directly from the Xbox store, or follow the link below, and the cost is $14.99
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/DLC/Halo-Nightfall/fe076a78-7630-443a-b7f6-6d1fb2c9b341

Alright. I’ll go ahead and purchase a license for myself, then. Thanks!

> 2533274841055642;10:
> Alright. I’ll go ahead and purchase a license for myself, then. Thanks!

Glad we were able to figure out what happened. If there are any other issues, just let me know.

Im also having a similar issue, i watched the first episode of halo nightfall a few nights ago, but now it says “Buy Nightfall” and just takes me to the screen that tells me that it is already installed. Is there a way to fix this?

> 2533274824199121;12:
> Im also having a similar issue, i watched the first episode of halo nightfall a few nights ago, but now it says “Buy Nightfall” and just takes me to the screen that tells me that it is already installed. Is there a way to fix this?

Same exact issue here. I try to watch Nightfall and I’m told I have to buy it, but when I click that it is already installed.

I’m having exactly the same issue. I have watched all episodes at least few times, but now it says “Buy Nightfall”. I have deleted and downloaded Nightfall and Halo Channel app from Store again, but it doesn’t help.