Locke killing Jul

Maybe if his skin wasn’t so exposed (unlike the Elites in Halo 1-3) it would’ve been tougher to kill him?

What are your thoughts?

Just played this on Legendary with 3 skulls on and saw this and made me think of this.

> 2533274857164864;1:
> Maybe if his skin wasn’t so exposed (unlike the Elites in Halo 1-3) it would’ve been tougher to kill him?
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Just played this on Legendary with 3 skulls on and saw this and made me think of this.

Locke was a bounty hunter before becoming a spartan, I’m sure he killed a fair share of elites, all about finding weak points

For such an important character, his death was a bit… Anti-climactic. Still a cool cutscene

They might just make it worse that way, pistol shot to the head after a plasma pistol overcharge shot.

Doubt it. He didn’t even touch any bare skin areas to kill Jul. So I highly doubt it would have made a difference.

Well a generic spartan can stab through the back of a shielded helmet of another spartan with a simple knife. so I dont think “more armor” works here.
And the scene when Chief used his knife to leverage himself on Didact’s Cryptum in 3 shows that whatever knives the UNSC use, they can apparently stab through even forerunner metal.

Plus elites just wear a undersuit under their armor like spartans in Halo 1-3 which doesnt make that much of a difference.

Eh, I feel 343 would rather " Bobba Fett " characters, instead of do anything creative with them.

Jul was just fulff to begin with…fan service for those who read the Kilo books. He was actually one of the more interesting characters with an decently compelling backstory, one that could have developed into it’s own off shoot game, if his character wasn’t so horribly handled after the books.

Locke flipped though.
You can’t beat that.
It’s not possible.

I hate that scene. Not only because Jul died, mind you, but because of how he died.

I mean, Jul and Locke face each other. Locke disposes of his Battle Rifle and takes out a combat knife (Why?!), and charges a Sangheili with an energy sword(!) Jul then takes a slow, lumbering, high swing that looks as if it would barely hit Locke if he was standing still for him. Sigh Locke than slices his leg, and keeps stabbing at Jul who isn’t even trying to fight back.

It’s pretty aggravating.

> 2533275022416367;9:
> I hate that scene. Not only because Jul died, mind you, but because of how he died.
>
> I mean, Jul and Locke face each other. Locke disposes of his Battle Rifle and takes out a combat knife (Why?!), and charges a Sangheili with an energy sword(!) Jul then takes a slow, lumbering, high swing that looks as if it would barely hit Locke if he was standing still for him. Sigh Locke than slices his leg, and keeps stabbing at Jul who isn’t even trying to fight back.
>
> It’s pretty aggravating.

Nail on the head.

And it wasn’t just Jul. All of the Elites in that scene looked like they were moving in slow motion and had reaction times comparable to a sloth.

It really should have been a playable battle. Halo has never been about watching action take place, it’s always been in your hands. If a playable character is going to kill another prominent character, we should be the ones to do it.

I felt surprised and underwhelmed when Jul went down so quickly. I was expecting him to meet his demise on Sanghellios!

Brian read man! poor black team and poor jul Just bad writing in my opinion we should have got a sword fight not a knife to the head

343 dropped the ball hard when it come to jul’s death