Locke is a hunter?

So in the new Halo 2 documentary, while the camera was on Keith (Arbiter) saying his line’s he called Locke a hunter, and that he is hunting chief. Is that good or bad, because to me when i hear hunting, I think killing. He (Keith) also states that he must earn his trust. How will Locke do so while he is out hunting for chief. Why would the arbiter even help Locke if he doesn’t trust him. Anyone care to make a theory?

Arby also said that Locke is a “seeker of things.” So Locke could simply be looking for Chief after his disappearance.

Locke is probably going to be a Cheap -Yoink- and use that damn Golden Gun all the time…

-Yoink!- it Locke! Get good!

OT: A hunter doesn’t mean out to kill. I said this on a post similar to this one; When you play Hide and Seek, You, As the Seeker, Are Hunting the others who are Hiding, But you;re not out to kill them.

Locke could be looking for the Chief for a greater purpose.

Thel may be willing to help Chief get killed if his disappearance or current actions threaten humanity and the Sangheili.

I’m not sure if they said it or not, but do we know why he’s out to find chief?

I believe that he try to kill Master Cheif in the next one

> 2535435239663015;6:
> I believe that he try to kill Master Cheif in the next one

Maybe he wants to give him a hug

> 2533274965064440;7:
> > 2535435239663015;6:
> > I believe that he try to kill Master Cheif in the next one
>
>
> Maybe he wants to give him a hug

Most likely explanation. John could definitely use one.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> Thel may be willing to help Chief get killed if his disappearance or current actions threaten humanity and the Sangheili.

^

Right, it’s important to remember they really weren’t the best of friends.

no way arby and chief forever. one of the best bromances of all time lol

That bromance won’t matter if Chief’s action lead to everyone getting killed.

I’m thinking Locke is Dr Halsey’s new weapon to get revenge on humanity. The way the spartan ops ended Halsey is ticked and has all the knowledge of creating the perfect spartan killer (or spartan seeker). I believe that she created an alliance with the elites and may have had the elites collect a subject (Locke) to mold into this weapon. Based on the halo night fall trailer, Locke doesn’t look like he is a big fan of spartans. So I think he joins dr Halsey in this takedown of the unsc by capturing or killing the spartans. What leads me to think capture is that Halsey has this connection with master chief and may want to help him. She doesn’t want to kill him.

> 2533274812652989;11:
> That bromance won’t matter if Chief’s action lead to everyone getting killed.

Seems more like they need him, if their survival is sown in his past.

On a side note, I think Arbiter is having having trust issues with ONI. That could also be why he doesn’t trust him off the back.

If Locke was to try to kill Master Cheif, it would have a big toll on the community. In a very shocking way, or a real bad way…ether way.

> 2535435239663015;14:
> If Locke was to try to kill Master Cheif, it would have a big toll on the community. In a very shocking way, or a real bad way…ether way.

He’s just searching for him at this point. I’m sure there will be some sort of fight seen between the two of them

> 2533274803267398;10:
> no way arby and chief forever. one of the best bromances of all time lol

Only bromance better is Daryl and Rick of The Walking Dead but its a close one.
I take that back Cheif and Arby all the way!

I’m thinking the MC might desert in order to protect humanity, his primary goal. And ONI not wanting billions of credits and a hyper/lethal rated Spartan II to be loose on his own, send Locke to find him and retrieve him, dead or otherwise. although in his hunt, he’ll probably get caught up saving humanity with the MC. Or something.

> 2535435239663015;14:
> If Locke was to try to kill Master Cheif, it would have a big toll on the community. In a very shocking way, or a real bad way…ether way.

There would be absolutely no way he would be able to kill chief. I just don’t see it as a possibility.

> 2533274868581277;12:
> I’m thinking Locke is Dr Halsey’s new weapon to get revenge on humanity. The way the spartan ops ended Halsey is ticked and has all the knowledge of creating the perfect spartan killer (or spartan seeker). I believe that she created an alliance with the elites and may have had the elites collect a subject (Locke) to mold into this weapon. Based on the halo night fall trailer, Locke doesn’t look like he is a big fan of spartans. So I think he joins dr Halsey in this takedown of the unsc by capturing or killing the spartans. What leads me to think capture is that Halsey has this connection with master chief and may want to help him. She doesn’t want to kill him.

Well, we don’t exactly what happened between them after Spartan Ops, I find it very unlikely she collected him to kill chief. Besides, she doesn’t hate chief, she hates the UNSC.

> 2533274953123640;9:
> > 2533274812652989;4:
> > Thel may be willing to help Chief get killed if his disappearance or current actions threaten humanity and the Sangheili.
>
>
> ^
>
> Right, it’s important to remember they really weren’t the best of friends.

They might not have been bros, but they were good allies by the end. If I recall correctly, he even payed his respects at the end of Halo 3.