Lock this thread.

Lock this thread. Moving on to the REQ Energy Level Feedback thread.

Yeah I really don’t get it. I play a lot of super fiesta and love getting those, especially whispered truth, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in warzone. I think the reason they haven’t been fixed is because they’ve become so overlooked no one even thought to ask about them. On the bright side I’m sure this isn’t the last req level tweak. Eventually 343 will manage to give every req a use.

Sure. A full auto 3 shots to kill weapon at level 3, why not.

The costs are fine the way they are now, at least imo.

I think level 2 and 3 seem a little low for the Whispered Truth and CE Magnum. 3 and 4, respectively, feels more appropriate to me.

The req level is to high for a gun. I think it takes 5 shots to the head to make the perfect kill. Just like the regular magnum, so i cant see the point of it.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> I think level 2 and 3 seem a little low for the Whispered Truth and CE Magnum. 3 and 4, respectively, feels more appropriate to me.

I agree with this.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> I think level 2 and 3 seem a little low for the Whispered Truth and CE Magnum. 3 and 4, respectively, feels more appropriate to me.

This pretty much sums it up for me…

> 2533274834952794;1:
> So, they recently tweaked the energy requirements for a lot of weapons, vehicles, and armor mods in Warzone… why did they do nothing to address these two woefully underpowered Legendary weapons? I’m sick of wasting 6 REQ Energy on the Halo: CE Magnum only to get blown up by a Scorpion, picked off by a Sniper Rifle, or mowed down by vastly superior and more common weapons like The Answer.
>
> Whispered Truth needs to be lowered to at least REQ Level 2, and the Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol should be no higher than REQ Level 3… at least as long as they remain Power Weapons. If they are ever made Loadout Weapons (and they really should be), then maybe put them one level higher, at REQ Levels 3 and 4, respectively.

I don’t think you realize how strong the CE pistol and whispered truth actually are. I wouldn’t mind 5 for the CE and 4 for the truth, but they are pretty powerful. You are wanting weapons that come with permanent speed boosts to be as cheap as the tier 1 and 2 of the power up. Not to mention the fact that the whispered truth is a two-shot kill and the CE magnum at 3…well it was called the god pistol for a reason.

Your rationale of the possibility of being taken out in one hit rings true for every req, it’s part of the game. (Particularly when you can spawn in the path of a rocket.) It’s irrelevant to whether the req is overpowered or under powered for it’s level though.

> 2533274880633045;8:
> > 2533274834952794;1:
> > So, they recently tweaked the energy requirements for a lot of weapons, vehicles, and armor mods in Warzone… why did they do nothing to address these two woefully underpowered Legendary weapons? I’m sick of wasting 6 REQ Energy on the Halo: CE Magnum only to get blown up by a Scorpion, picked off by a Sniper Rifle, or mowed down by vastly superior and more common weapons like The Answer.
> >
> > Whispered Truth needs to be lowered to at least REQ Level 2, and the Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol should be no higher than REQ Level 3… at least as long as they remain Power Weapons. If they are ever made Loadout Weapons (and they really should be), then maybe put them one level higher, at REQ Levels 3 and 4, respectively.
>
> I don’t think you realize how strong the CE pistol and whispered truth actually are. I wouldn’t mind 5 for the CE and 4 for the truth, but they are pretty powerful. You are wanting weapons that come with permanent speed boosts to be as cheap as the tier 1 and 2 of the power up. Not to mention the fact that the whispered truth is a two-shot kill and the CE magnum at 3…well it was called the god pistol for a reason.
>
> Your rationale of the possibility of being taken out in one hit rings true for every req, it’s part of the game. (Particularly when you can spawn in the path of a rocket.) It’s irrelevant to whether the req is overpowered or under powered for it’s level though.

They are garbage. End of story. Every other REQ at Levels 5 and 6 is vastly superior to these pistols. The Speed Boost doesn’t do anything. The amount of shots it takes to kill also doesn’t mean anything considering you have weapons like The Answer at Level 6 (a very common weapon to boot) that will easily kill you before you can even get one shot off.

Your two-shot kill Whispered Truth, and your 3-shot kill Halo: CE Pistol? I’ve never been killed by either of them in Warzone. The few times I’ve seen someone using them, I killed them with my Battle Rifle, picked up the pistol, and then tried to use it myself… and then I got killed by someone with a BR. They. Are Not. That. Powerful. They should take away the speed boost and make them loadout weapons, because they cannot hold a candle to the other power weapons. Even the yellow and red Storm Rifle and Carbine variants are more powerful than these pistols, and they’re much easier to get.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> They are garbage.End of story.

Stating an unsourced opinion as fact…and indisputable fact at that isn’t the best way to start this off.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> Every other REQ at Levels 5 and 6 is vastly superior to these pistols.

I wouldn’t agree with that. I’d much rather have a whispered truth than an oathsworn or a river of light. I’m also not sure a direct comparison is appropriate. The Pistols in Question aren’t supposed to do the same thing as a sniper or rockets and really shouldn’t be compared to them. They have a unique role to fill.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> The Speed Boost doesn’t do anything.

Pretty sure it increase your speed for movement and strafing. Again this is a power up that can be called in by itself which is a level 2 req for a short period of it. Something that gives a permanent version of that would obviously be overpowered at level 2. It would make the speed boost req pointless.

Another point of comparison is the tactical magnum (just recently lowered to req level 3) you would have a better version of it (2 shot kil as opposed to five shot) available at level 2.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> The amount of shots it takes to kill also doesn’t mean anything considering you have weapons like The Answer at Level 6 (a very common weapon to boot) that will easily kill you before you can even get one shot off.

Actually I’d be curious to see the TTK comparison for the Answer and a perfect kill with the CE pistol. I have a suspicion they would be pretty close.
Despite that it’s still irrelevant. It’s the same issue as the scorpion from earlier. You’re still saying that a Heartseaker is useless because I can get sniped off spawn. The issue is whether or not the weapon (when used effectively) is at the right req level. Remember req levels are about controlling the meta in part and putting the two pistols in question at such a low req level would be as devastating to the meta (if not more so) than the intro of the wasp was. The only difference is that I have near seventy CE pistols…so people like me would have an inherent advantage over people who’ve had less game time (presuming no one has bought req packs.)

Your suggestion could break the meta.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> Your two-shot kill Whispered Truth, and your 3-shot kill Halo: CE Pistol? I’ve never been killed by either of them in Warzone. The few times I’ve seen someone using them, I killed them with my Battle Rifle, picked up the pistol, and then tried to use it myself… and then I got killed by someone with a BR. They. Are Not. That. Powerful."

I have and I’ve gotten quite a few kills, despite not calling them in that often due to how situational I find them. When used properly they have. I’ve taken out people with rockets with a regular pistol…does that mean that rockets need to be brought down a req level?

> 2533274834952794;9:
> They should take away the speed boost and make them loadout weapons, because they cannot hold a candle to the other power weapons.

I assume you’ve used the arena version of the CE pistol. It stil out shoots everything, it would be the only loadout weapon people would use. It’s better than an AR, better than a DMR. It would instantly render all other loadouts pointless.

A two shot kill loadout weapon would have to be req level 9 in order to potentially balance it.

> 2533274834952794;9:
> Even the yellow and red Storm Rifle and Carbine variants are more powerful than these pistols, and they’re much easier to get.

I disagree. and I’ve addressed this above.

> 2533274880633045;10:
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > They are garbage.
>
> Stating an unsourced opinion as fact…and indisputable fact at that isn’t the best way to start this off.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > End of story. Every other REQ at Levels 5 and 6 is vastly superior to these pistols.
>
> I wouldn’t agree with that. I’d much rather have a whispered truth than an oathsworn or a river of light. I’m also not sure a direct comparison is appropriate. The Pistols in Question aren’t supposed to do the same thing as a sniper or rockets and really shouldn’t be compared to them. They have a unique role to fill.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > The Speed Boost doesn’t do anything.
>
> Pretty sure it increase your speed for movement and strafing. Again this is a power up that can be called in by itself which is a level 2 req for a short period of it. Something that gives a permanent version of that would obviously be overpowered at level 2. It would make the speed boost req pointless.
>
> Another point of comparison is the tactical magnum (just recently lowered to req level 3) you would have a better version of it (2 shot kil as opposed to five shot) available at level 2.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > The amount of shots it takes to kill also doesn’t mean anything considering you have weapons like The Answer at Level 6 (a very common weapon to boot) that will easily kill you before you can even get one shot off.
>
> Actually I’d be curious to see the TTK comparison for the Answer and a perfect kill with the CE pistol. I have a suspicion they would be pretty close.
> Despite that it’s still irrelevant. It’s the same issue as the scorpion from earlier. You’re still saying that a Heartseaker is useless because I can get sniped off spawn. The issue is whether or not the weapon (when used effectively) is at the right req level. Remember req levels are about controlling the meta in part and putting the two pistols in question at such a low req level would be as devastating to the meta (if not more so) than the intro of the wasp was. The only difference is that I have near seventy CE pistols…so people like me would have an inherent advantage over people who’ve had less game time (presuming no one has bought req packs.)
>
> Your suggestion could break the meta.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > Your two-shot kill Whispered Truth, and your 3-shot kill Halo: CE Pistol? I’ve never been killed by either of them in Warzone. The few times I’ve seen someone using them, I killed them with my Battle Rifle, picked up the pistol, and then tried to use it myself… and then I got killed by someone with a BR. They. Are Not. That. Powerful."
>
> I have and I’ve gotten quite a few kills, despite not calling them in that often due to how situational I find them. When used properly they have. I’ve taken out people with rockets with a regular pistol…does that mean that rockets need to be brought down a req level?
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > They should take away the speed boost and make them loadout weapons, because they cannot hold a candle to the other power weapons.
>
> I assume you’ve used the arena version of the CE pistol. It stil out shoots everything, it would be the only loadout weapon people would use. It’s better than an AR, better than a DMR. It would instantly render all other loadouts pointless.
>
> A two shot kill loadout weapon would have to be req level 9 in order to potentially balance it.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274834952794;9:
> > Even the yellow and red Storm Rifle and Carbine variants are more powerful than these pistols, and they’re much easier to get.
>
> I disagree. and I’ve addressed this above.

The bottom line is they are not that much more powerful than the pistols you get in loadouts, and when you compare them to everything else in the REQ pool- including items of lower rarity and energy requirement- they are outclassed by almost every weapon and vehicle in terms of ease of use. Having one odd player out of thousands who says he can get kills with them doesn’t change this. For the average player, having Whispered Truth and the Halo: CE Pistol as power weapons at their current REQ levels is ridiculous.

> 2533274834952794;11:
> > 2533274880633045;10:
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > They are garbage.
> >
> > Stating an unsourced opinion as fact…and indisputable fact at that isn’t the best way to start this off.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > End of story. Every other REQ at Levels 5 and 6 is vastly superior to these pistols.
> >
> > I wouldn’t agree with that. I’d much rather have a whispered truth than an oathsworn or a river of light. I’m also not sure a direct comparison is appropriate. The Pistols in Question aren’t supposed to do the same thing as a sniper or rockets and really shouldn’t be compared to them. They have a unique role to fill.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > The Speed Boost doesn’t do anything.
> >
> > Pretty sure it increase your speed for movement and strafing. Again this is a power up that can be called in by itself which is a level 2 req for a short period of it. Something that gives a permanent version of that would obviously be overpowered at level 2. It would make the speed boost req pointless.
> >
> > Another point of comparison is the tactical magnum (just recently lowered to req level 3) you would have a better version of it (2 shot kil as opposed to five shot) available at level 2.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > The amount of shots it takes to kill also doesn’t mean anything considering you have weapons like The Answer at Level 6 (a very common weapon to boot) that will easily kill you before you can even get one shot off.
> >
> > Actually I’d be curious to see the TTK comparison for the Answer and a perfect kill with the CE pistol. I have a suspicion they would be pretty close.
> > Despite that it’s still irrelevant. It’s the same issue as the scorpion from earlier. You’re still saying that a Heartseaker is useless because I can get sniped off spawn. The issue is whether or not the weapon (when used effectively) is at the right req level. Remember req levels are about controlling the meta in part and putting the two pistols in question at such a low req level would be as devastating to the meta (if not more so) than the intro of the wasp was. The only difference is that I have near seventy CE pistols…so people like me would have an inherent advantage over people who’ve had less game time (presuming no one has bought req packs.)
> >
> > Your suggestion could break the meta.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > Your two-shot kill Whispered Truth, and your 3-shot kill Halo: CE Pistol? I’ve never been killed by either of them in Warzone. The few times I’ve seen someone using them, I killed them with my Battle Rifle, picked up the pistol, and then tried to use it myself… and then I got killed by someone with a BR. They. Are Not. That. Powerful."
> >
> > I have and I’ve gotten quite a few kills, despite not calling them in that often due to how situational I find them. When used properly they have. I’ve taken out people with rockets with a regular pistol…does that mean that rockets need to be brought down a req level?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > They should take away the speed boost and make them loadout weapons, because they cannot hold a candle to the other power weapons.
> >
> > I assume you’ve used the arena version of the CE pistol. It stil out shoots everything, it would be the only loadout weapon people would use. It’s better than an AR, better than a DMR. It would instantly render all other loadouts pointless.
> >
> > A two shot kill loadout weapon would have to be req level 9 in order to potentially balance it.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274834952794;9:
> > > Even the yellow and red Storm Rifle and Carbine variants are more powerful than
>
> The bottom line is they much more powerful than the pistols you get in loadouts, and when you compare them to everything else in the REQ pool- including items of lower rarity and energy requirement- they are outclassed by almost every weapon and vehicle in terms of ease of use. Having one odd player out of thousands who says he can get kills with them doesn’t change this. For the average player, having Whispered Truth and the Halo: CE Pistol as power weapons at their current REQ levels is ridiculous.

The “bottom line” is requiring less shots to kill and providing ability boosts; not to mention how forgiving the ce magnum is; they are far more powerful than loadout weapons.

You’ve moved on from asserting something without evidence to asserting something in spite of evidence.

Are you actuallly claiming that thousands of people can’t get kills with the ce magnum or whispered truth? Present them. Show me these people.

And for for the record I am an “average player” always have been.

Yeah, let’s make the CE Magnum lvl 3 reqs. No, just no. Maybe if the CE was lowered to 5 it would be OK. But 3? Nah

> 2533274834952794;11:
> The bottom line is they are not that much more powerful than the pistols you get in loadouts, and when you compare them to everything else in the REQ pool- including items of lower rarity and energy requirement- they are outclassed by almost every weapon and vehicle in terms of ease of use. Having one odd player out of thousands who says he can get kills with them doesn’t change this. For the average player, having Whispered Truth and the Halo: CE Pistol as power weapons at their current REQ levels is ridiculous.

There is no obligation to use these weapons, that’s the beauty of the REQ System.

As has already been said the Halo CE Magnum is a 3 Shot Kill, and Whispered Truth is a 2 Shot kill, lowering them to bring them inline with the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol would skew early Warzone play beyond repair. If people are spawning these and running into the middle of a group of vehicles, then they need to slow down and consider the strengths and weaknesses of the weapons. There’s obviously no way that going 1v1 with a Whispered Truth against a Scorpion is going to work in your favor. But if you go 1v1 against a REQ 3 Battle Rifle, then you would dominate them and likely have them dead before they manage to get off a third burst. Similarly if you took either of those two Magnums up against a standard Magnum/Gunfighter Magnum which require 7/8 kills respectively you’d dominate the Loadout Weapon users.

Both are suited more for base play, sneaking into an ememies armory or fortress and cleaning up in there, where combat is nearly all close Quaters. The speed boost on both of the weapons is especially useful when ducking and weaving around objects, as well as moving around the edges of the battlefield. I’m an average player (check my stats, I’m nothing special unless I’m being carried by my Spartan Company), and I can still squeeze out as many kills with those two weapons when I bother to REQ them in as I can a Sniper Rifle. It’s just about understanding the weapon.

Now, if your complaining that you spawn in the REQs and end up in the path of a base farming Scorpion, that’s a different problem, and also generally the reason I never spawn in with REQs.

CE and Whispered Truth being lowered the levels you suggested would be just plain foolish. Also, you are suggesting to make them permeant REQ cards that one could find in their loadouts?! Balancing issues come to mind instantly (even if we are talking about warzone here). It appears though comedyshermit has already covered the rest so I shall back off from further comments on this ridiculous proposal.

> 2533274834952794;1:
> So, they recently tweaked the energy requirements for a lot of weapons, vehicles, and armor mods in Warzone… why did they do nothing to address these two woefully underpowered Legendary weapons? I’m sick of wasting 6 REQ Energy on the Halo: CE Magnum only to get blown up by a Scorpion, picked off by a Sniper Rifle, or mowed down by vastly superior and more common weapons like The Answer.
>
> Whispered Truth needs to be lowered to at least REQ Level 2, and the Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol should be no higher than REQ Level 3… at least as long as they remain Power Weapons. If they are ever made Loadout Weapons (and they really should be), then maybe put them one level higher, at REQ Levels 3 and 4, respectively.

Lowering those reqs to the req energy you suggest would almost be game breaking IMO. Both of them are much too powerful for lvl 2 and 3! Lower them 1 lvl would be good though.

2-3 energy for 3-shot/2-burst weapons doesn’t really strike me as a good idea.

Maybe drop them down one level from their current level… maybe

Locked @ op’s request