LOCK THIS, REPOSTING IN H5 FORUM

What the title says. Human style is now almost exclusively white, grey, with some secondary colours, with most surfaces being textureless, it’s basically not at all true to the previously established art style, which was modern and practical, thrust forward 500 years. Forerunner architecture used to look and feel ancient and monolithic, now being only flashy, ditching mysterious engravings in the surfaces for lights brighter than the sun, and so many jutting parts and components, I’m surprised Forerunners didn’t trip all the time trying to get around. Again, this deviates too far from the established style. It’s all very cookie cutter sci-fi like. Surprisingly, the Covenant style wasn’t butchered like the others, rather improved upon, which I applaud 343 for. See if there were lore explanations for why the styles have changed, like maybe the Forerunners having distinct architecture styles for each caste, I would understand. But then according to that logic, the installations on Genesis wouldn’t have looked identical to those on Requiem. And the music, while great and EXTREMELY well made, Kazuma didn’t really rekindle the spirit of the old soundtracks; catchy hooks and unique percussion beats, with an emphasis on sounding like a video game rather than a movie. Yes there was about two returning themes in this Halo, but their style was changed completely. The Halo theme, for example, used to be, in Marty’s words, large, ancient and epic. You used to listen the Halo theme, and think of embarking on a giant adventure throughout the galaxy in foreign, alien worlds, the new one sounds like it would play during a large battle. Which isn’t necessarily worse, per se, but it doesn’t capture the spirit of the Halo theme, and the series. And Kazuma needn’t have brought back any other themes, as long as he stayed true to the Halo soundtrack style (IMO Tom Salta was very good at this. VERY good.) The particular bit about a big battle rather than an adventure could be applied to H5 as well, but that’s another discussion. The reason I have posted this in the Universe section, though, is because these changes 343 made have affected the atmosphere of the Halo universe for me, and if you didn’t tell me it was a Halo game, I would have thought it to be an entirely different game from the old Halos. Honestly, Halo is now just a homogenized sci-fi shooter among many others on the market, artistically.

Artistically, Halo is unique among other “homogenized” FPS games. It also contains all the elements in previous Halos, along with the feel of the universe.

> 2533274829152751;2:
> Artistically, Halo is unique among other “homogenized” FPS games. It also contains all the elements in previous Halos, along with the feel of the universe.

Let’s be real here, if 343 redid a map like Rat’s Nest, everything would be white, curvy, nearly textureless, and like it just got cleaned by someone with OCD. Forerunner stuff is monolithic and grey, yes, but there are so many other qualities that set it apart from other games in the old Halos. Halo 5’s Forerunner style looks like TRON, just more metallic.

> 2533274933749851;3:
> > 2533274829152751;2:
> > Artistically, Halo is unique among other “homogenized” FPS games. It also contains all the elements in previous Halos, along with the feel of the universe.
>
>
> Let’s be real here, if 343 redid a map like Rat’s Nest, everything would be white, curvy, nearly textureless, and like it just got cleaned by someone with OCD. Forerunner stuff is monolithic and grey, yes, but there are so many other qualities that set it apart from other games in the old Halos. Halo 5’s Forerunner style looks like TRON, just more metallic.

TRON took place in a digital society, so it would be pixels even in TRON canon, but I know what you mean. I doubt that would happen with Rat’s Nest.

Locked per OP’s request.