Lock and Remove

REMOVE

Umm maybe just put mic settings to teammates only??? But I agree, I miss that… communication feel.

What if it’s a full team? Are you saying they shouldn’t be able to communicate among themselves?

I think that has more to do with the lank of a ranking system than anything. When players were playing for something there was greater incentive to communicate.

I shouldn’t be forced to not be able to talk to my friends if I want to, especially if I am playing with idiotic children who think they are cool for letting off a swear word every five seconds.

No… Other than an option to have microphone people only before you start but restricting to playlists?
NO.

> What if it’s a full team? Are you saying they shouldn’t be able to communicate among themselves?

if they are a full team then party chat doesnt matter because they can all talk already.

Im talking about if you play with a few friends and the rest of your team is in a party chat in a rank playlist and they dont want to talk and help you out. People should want to talk to your own team and win a match with that classic halo 2 feel victory.

> > What if it’s a full team? Are you saying they shouldn’t be able to communicate among themselves?
>
> if they are a full team then party chat doesnt matter because they can all talk already.
>
> Im talking about if you play with a few friends and the rest of your team is in a party chat in a rank playlist and they dont want to talk and help you out. <mark>People should want to talk to your own team and win a match with that classic halo 2 feel victory</mark>.

You and I played radically different Halo 2’s.

i like to talk to friends who are playing a different game.

If you want to talk to your teammates, than play with your friends, simple as that.

> > > What if it’s a full team? Are you saying they shouldn’t be able to communicate among themselves?
> >
> > if they are a full team then party chat doesnt matter because they can all talk already.
> >
> > Im talking about if you play with a few friends and the rest of your team is in a party chat in a rank playlist and they dont want to talk and help you out. <mark>People should want to talk to your own team and win a match with that classic halo 2 feel victory</mark>.
>
> You and I played radically different Halo 2’s.

What are you talking about?? everyone had a mic in halo 2 and talked.

Every slayer match i played everyone would communicate. You must not have wanted to talk and help your team out or you didnt have a mic.

> What are you talking about?? everyone had a mic in halo 2 and talked.

Nope. And when they did, you weren’t guaranteed anything resembling an intelligent, helpful conversation with your team.

> Every slayer match i played everyone would communicate. You must not have wanted to talk and help your team out or you didnt have a mic.

Wow, blaming me huh? Is the concept of everyone NOT playing the same exact games you did such a far out concept? But yeah, I totally wanted to lose and make my teammates miserable. That’s so productive.

Just in case you miss that, that last part was sarcasm.

Don’t think chat should be limited, but I would looove the ability to talk to people while searching for players. That really bothered me past H2. I don’t need to see their rank or whatever, just talk to them so I’m not sitting there bored while I wait.

I don’t know, honestly.
I used to play in game chat. Unfortunately, the majority of other mic-equipped players seemed to have nothing positive to contribute to teamwork. And by that I mean nearly all of them were sqeakers, trolls or just plain mad. Occasionally you get that cool guy who helps out and is nice, but nowadays it seems that’s the minority. It’s sad really.

It’s for that reason that I’m almost always in party chat. The people in-game don’t help out frequently and I don’t want to talk to the rest of them. I would play far less if I couldn’t chat with friends, and instead had to mute most of the lobby every game and sit in silence.

I do miss those teamwork-filled games of old, but that just doesn’t happen nearly as much anymore. I don’t see how you can get around it. Forcing game-chat would be a troll’s dream come true as much as a competitive player.

The only guaranteed solution as a competitive player is to find a team. Game chat can’t fix that, unfortunately.

yeah, team communication is better, that is no doubt…

…but you can’t FORCE people not to chat w/who they want to…not gonna happen…

> > What are you talking about?? everyone had a mic in halo 2 and talked.
>
> Nope. And when they did, you weren’t guaranteed anything resembling an intelligent, helpful conversation with your team.
>
>
>
> > Every slayer match i played everyone would communicate. You must not have wanted to talk and help your team out or you didnt have a mic.
>
> Wow, blaming me huh? Is the concept of everyone NOT playing the same exact games you did such a far out concept? But yeah, I totally wanted to lose and make my teammates miserable. That’s so productive.
>
> Just in case you miss that, that last part was sarcasm.

dude you must have been getting team training mixed with ranking. Everyone wanted to win and rank up. When your ranking up and are in high ranks then an average player. EVERYONE would talk because the wanted their next rank. I played so much of halo 2 on several different account and everyone would talk if it was a ranked playlist. Most people had mics and some didnt.

This was way before party chats, and with party chats no one talks and has a play style like cod, "lets just lone wold the whole game and talk about stuff that isnt game related.

I wasnt talking about removing it entirely i’m just saying that more people would talk if it wasnt in ranked. You should want your team to be good and help you call out.

> <mark>dude you must have been getting team training mixed with ranking.</mark> Everyone wanted to win and rank up. When your ranking up and are in high ranks then an average player. EVERYONE would talk because the wanted their next rank. I played so much of halo 2 on several different account and everyone would talk if it was a ranked playlist. Most people had mics and some didnt.

Or I didn’t get the same games YOU did. I don’t see why you struggle to understand that not everyone plays the same way you did or your teammates did.

> This was way before party chats, and with party chats no one talks and has a play style like cod, "lets just lone wold the whole game and talk about stuff that isnt game related.

That’s just an assumption on your end. Again, probably tainted by your own experiences and not taking into account others experiences.

> I wasnt talking about removing it entirely i’m just saying that more people would talk if it wasnt in ranked. <mark>You should want your team to be good and help you call out.</mark>

Me and my team do just fine in Party Chat. We’ll gladly invite randoms, but it’s their call to join us or not.

> > > > What if it’s a full team? Are you saying they shouldn’t be able to communicate among themselves?
> > >
> > > if they are a full team then party chat doesnt matter because they can all talk already.
> > >
> > > Im talking about if you play with a few friends and the rest of your team is in a party chat in a rank playlist and they dont want to talk and help you out. <mark>People should want to talk to your own team and win a match with that classic halo 2 feel victory</mark>.
> >
> > You and I played radically different Halo 2’s.
>
> What are you talking about?? everyone had a mic in halo 2 and talked.
>
> Every slayer match i played everyone would communicate. You must not have wanted to talk and help your team out or you didnt have a mic.

Everyone? And Every Game? You are very fortunate. I did not have the same experience. I would much rather talk to friends than my would be “coach” telling me how to play. I like the set up just as it is now. There are numerous ways to connect with people that share your joy of the game that you can “Party Up” with.

Racist and sexist comments for all, hooray!!

Yeah, no. You haven’t played much Halo as a girl lately, obviously. Party chat is a godsend.

> Racist and sexist comments for all, hooray!!
>
> Yeah, no. You haven’t played much Halo as a girl lately, obviously. Party chat is a godsend.

No snikerdoodle, you HAVE to listen to those rude comments from immature -Yoink- because don’t you want to help them win? Don’t be selfish!