Loadouts / Tips &Tricks

Hello, and I just wanted to say that this is no official thread nor is it trying to be one.

Anyway, I made this thread to see if someone could give me a few pointers and whatnot for my load outs that I use in Matchmaking.

Loadout 1 (Big Team):

Primary- DMR
Secondary- Plasma Pistol
Grenade- plasma
Armor Ability- Active Camo
Special Upgrade- Mobility
Special Upgrade 2- Ammo

This is my main go to load out since I usually play BTB, I don’t think I need pointers here except maybe someone can convince me to change armor abilities? :wink:

Loadout 2 (Spartan Ops):

Primary- DMR
Secondary- Assault Rifle
Grenade- plasma
Armor Ability- Jetpack
Special Upgrade- Firepower
Special Upgrade 2- Ammo

This one I’m not too crazy about, when I play spartan ops I try and get head shots for quick kills and using my AR for close range engagements. I REALLY NEED HELP AND SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS CLASS.

Anyway that’s it.

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR LOADOUTS

I use pretty much one loadout for my games, but then again i play 4v4s or 5v5s.

BR
Boltshot
Frag Nades
Jetpack
Grenadier
Explosion

And i play on boxer

3 loadouts i use are

1. CC (main loadout for 4v4 slayer on adrift, haven and Complex) Primary weapon: Covenant Carbine secondary weapon: Magnum. grenades: Frag grenades Armour Ability: field regen Perk: Ammo Support Upgrade: Mobility

2. Main loadout for BTB (except Ragnorok) and 4v4 complex and solace Primary Weapon: Light Rifle, Secondary weapon: Magnum Grenades: Frag grenade, Armour Ability: Promethian Vision, Perk: Ammo Support Upgrade: Mobility

3. Specific loadout for noobs who need to be schooled that the DMR is a noobs weapon and main loadout for BTB Ragnorok. Primary Weapon: DMR, Secondary Weapon: Magnum, Grenades: Frag grenade, Armour Ability: Active Camo, Perk: Ammo, Support Upgrade: Stealth.

Thinking about making 1 for vehicles.

I use two loadouts generally, depending on what my plan is for the game I’m playing.
DMR
Boltshot
Stickies
Camo
Mobility
Stealth (Wetwork Tac Package)

or

DMR
Supressor / Storm Rifle
Frags
Jet Pack
Firepower
Ammo

The first one I use when I want to be sneaky, the second for all-around assaults. I’m a huge fan of the DMR, and I’ve heard people say it’s overpowered, by that’s not going to stop me from using it. In fact, it pains me to hear BRs back in SWAT, because I think SWAT is a DMR’s game now. HOWEVER, I do use BR for Spartan Ops because in most long range situations in Spartan Ops, snipers are available, and at mid-range, the BR has a better chance of getting that one-hit kill on grunts and crawlers.

BR
SR
Plasmas
Hologram
Firepower
Ordnance Priority (Dexterity or Explosives with no Personal Ordnance)

DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Jetpack
Grenadier
Explosives

LR
BR/DMR (AR on smaller maps)
Plasmas
Regen Field
Firepower
Stability (Ammo on smaller maps)

For BTB I use a DMR, plasma pistol, frags (cause I really suck at sticking people and I enjoy hijacking lol), thruster pack and ammo.
Thruster pack might not be advised for BTB, but I’ve gotten used to it. Plus I feel active camo is just something campers use. I’ve never seen anyone in BTB actually move while using active camo. =_=

For 4v4 I use the BR (or DMR depending on the map), boltshot, frags, thruster pack and ammo.

I use my active Camo not for camping :slight_smile: sometimes I will be about to be overrun so I will just go into active Camo and when they pass me I try and get some beat downs on them, besides that, I don’t use it much

Big/Mid Sized maps

Loadouts

DMR
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenade
Active Camo
Mobility
Dextrity

Mid/Small Sized Maps

BR
Boltshot or Magnum
Pulse or Frag Grenade
Hologram or Promethean Vision
Mobility
Ammo

DMR
Boltshot
Promethean vision
Extra Grenades
Grenadier

only loadout you need in this game

Here’s what I use
Assault [Slayer, Big Team Spartan Ops Defence]

Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Magnum
Grenade: Frag Grenade
Armor Ability: Promethean Vision
Tactical Package: Shielding
Support Upgrade: Ammo

Operative [Objective Offense, CQB Slayer, Spartan Ops Offence]

Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
Armor Ability: Thruster Pack
Tactical Package: Mobility
Support Upgrade: Dexterity

Sniper [Objective Defence, Long Range Slayer Spartan Ops Support]

Primary Weapon: DMR
Armor Ability: Jet Pack
Tactical Package: Requisition
Support Upgrade: Awareness

Contraband [Covenant Loadout Mastery]

Primary Weapon: Covenant Carbine
Secondary Weapon: Storm Rifle
Grenade: Plasma Grenade
Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield
Tactical Package: Firepower
Support Upgrade: Sensor

Titan [Forerunner Loadout Mastery]

Primary Weapon: Light Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Suppressor
Grenade: Pulse Grenade
Armor Ability: Autosentry
Tactical Package: Firepower
Support Upgrade: Explosives

Basic (Designed for all-around BTB use. Switch out to Light rifle)
DMR
Plasma pistol
Plasma nades
Active camo
Resupply mod
Stability mod

Wheelman (Self-explanatory)
Covenant Carbine
Plasma pistol
Plasma nades
Regen field
Wheelman mod
Gunner mod

Suppression/Assault
Assault rifle (sometimes switch it out for Suppressor)
Boltshot
Frag grenades
Hardlight Shield
Resupply mod
Explosives mod

Sneak
Assault rifle
Boltshot
Pulse nades
AA varies. Haven’t found one I absolutely use (AC or PV are semi-favs)
Resupply mod
Stealth mod

Spartan Ops
DMR
Assault Rifle
Frag nades
Autosentry
Firepower mod
Ammo mod

Ammo mod is useless if you lose all your 1v1 battles. Stability is the stuff you want on the basic long-range loadout that is required if you play any BTB (or even some of the Infinity Slayer maps like Complex). I tried to create several different types loadouts for types of situations I might run into on certain playlists.

pretty standard btb loadout, i’d suggest swapping camo for hologram, i find with camo, especially on large maps, makes me play slower and more around less, which isn’t really what you want.

I find I preform much better with good mobility (jetpack+AA efficiency & mobility) and by keeping my battles at a medium range to get full use out of the dmr.

Sure camo may help you get that first shot or two, but in a pinch (especially on large open maps) camo basically lets people know you’re around, which is why I find hologram to be my go-to AA here.

At a distance it’s pretty hard to tell a hologram from a player (when used well), which will help you get the first two shots, with out easily showing your opponents your location and potentiall drawing enemy fire to alert you to their whereabouts.

In a pinch, throwing one out as if you’re running away when you’re out gunned up close gives you the split second to drop a nade and turn two if you’re prepared, and if someone is rushing you when you’re behind cover, that seconds hesitation is all you need to gain the upper hand.

I feel hologram bests camo because it’s much more versatile and especially useful at distances.

For BTB I go with HL shield rather than camo, it helps a lot more against vehicles. Also for spartan Ops try using the br or light rifle, the 3-shot burst makes headshoting covenant + prometheans a hell of a lot easier.