Loadouts that'll make you enjoy H4 more!

Sick of using a DMR and boltshot?
Sick of using certain weapons over and over again?
Want to utilize every loadout weapon in the game except pulse grenades in a balanced manner?

I can almost guarantee that you’ll enjoy Halo 4 a little more with these loadouts!
I slapped together a video about my loadouts. I did this because my friends kept asking me “What loadouts do you use?” They kept asking this because i kept telling them that. I feel like I perfected the loadouts. I utilize every single loadout weapon in the game. These loadouts make Halo 4 so much more interesting, so I’m not stuck using the DMR/Boltshot/Plasma Pistol/Assault Rifle in every single class. A lot of my friends use these loadouts now too because they like the idea of using every single weapon.

Video Link

Here’s the gist of the video
-I utilize every single loadout weapon (except pulse grenades)
-Balanced Loadouts
-Quick summary before i get into detail with all the loadouts (so you don’t have to watch the whole video if you don’t have the patience)
-Go over details in every loadout quickly

Let me know what you guys think about the loadouts and the video, in the comments on the video or down below!
I hope my classes help you enjoy Halo 4 a little more with the variety!
Thanks!

so wheres the video?

My bad for my eyesight of a bat.

> so wheres the video?

LOL i feel so stupid. I just put it on, sorry about that man. I made this and completely forgot to add it in! It’s up there now.

For big team I find hardlight shield useful so I can get out of those 3 on 1 long distance battles. I also used Ordnance Priority and Requisition that way I always have a good power weapon. And then of course plasma pistol and grenades.

Good loadouts. There were a few good combos in there I hadn’t thought of.
The video could have been a lot shorter though.

Nice loadout design.
I’ll be recommending this video to my friend.
He’s trying to become a better Halo player.

But I disagree with you on the Speed Boost.
I love it on close-quarters maps.

> Nice loadout design.
> I’ll be recommending this video to my friend.
> He’s trying to become a better Halo player.
>
> But I disagree with you on the Speed Boost.
> I love it on close-quarters maps.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, i shouldn’t have said that because i thought “wait… people probably do like that.” lol
It’s just a personal preference i guess. I suck with the speed boost.

> Good loadouts. There were a few good combos in there I hadn’t thought of.
> The video could have been a lot shorter though.

I did this video twice, the first time it was 17 minutes, and I didn’t like that. S I did it again and got it down to about 14 minutes… Sorry man, it’s the best I could do with all the details! I wanted to explain most of the reason why I use the specific equipment.

Not too bad, I’m not sure if I’d ever use any of your suggested loadouts though. When I put my loadouts together I usually have a very specific role in mind. I think I like your ‘mid range’ ones the most.

Edit: If you like using Hologram, I suggest using it with the Sensor mod. This will enable you to see your opponents before they see you, so you can send out a Hologram in their general direction to distract them. This can be useful if you wish to ambush them or sneak around them to grab the flag in CTF.

Here are a few of my most used loadouts:

Map Specific: Usually for Slayer

Haven:
DMR
Magnum / Plasma Pistol
Frags
Thruster Pack
Resupply
Dexterity

^Haven has lots of long sightlines so the DMR is a good choice for this map. Any secondary can be used as they are all great for CQC. Thruster Pack allows for lots of trick jumps off of the man cannons. From either man cannon you can thrust to bottom mid, bottom mohawk or top street. You can also drop from top mohawk to bottom mohawk. This is extremely advantageous as it allows you to ambush your enemies and escape unfavourable situations unscathed. Resupply is almost a necessity on smaller maps, as it allows for the recovery of grenades off of dead bodies. With Resupply enabled you will almost always have at least 2 grenades. Dexterity is great as it drastically decreases the time required to reload your weapon.

Complex:
DMR
AR
Frags
Jet Pack
Firepower
Stability

^Complex is a map that offers a mix of short and long range combat. Having the AR equipped ensures that DMR is reserved for long range engagements. This saves a lot of ammo and makes longer sprees much more probable. This loadout also works well for Oddball and Regicide.

The biggest weakness of this loadout is its inability to overtake vehicles (avoid the Ghost at all costs!) For awhile I was using the Plasma Pistol instead of the AR, but I frequently ran out of DMR ammo.

Adrift / Solace:
DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Jet Pack
Resupply
Stealth

Skyline:
BR
Magnum
Frags
Hologram
Resupply
Dexterity

Monolith:
DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Hologram
Resupply
Stability

Gametype / Role Specific:

Operator:
DMR
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Nades
Auto Sentry
Wheelman
Sensor

^This loadout is designed specifically for operating vehicles. Vehicles often appear on large maps so the DMR is an obvious choice. I picked Auto Sentry as it is one of the few AA’s that can be used while in a vehicle. The combination of the Sensor and Wheelman mods make the vehicle much more difficult to overtake.

Ordnance:
DMR
Magnum
Frags
Jet Pack
Requisition
Ammo

^ This loadout is great for those times when you get an ordnance which you don’t really care for. Just wait until your next death and then re-roll your ordnance to get a better weapon with lots of ammo.

CTF:
DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Auto Sentry / Jet Pack
Mobility
Stability

KOTH:
DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Auto Sentry / Regeneration Field
Mobility
Stability

I like pulse grenades, they’re awesome (group of people with low-shields fighting cqc? All dead in an instant. Run out of ammo right as you took a guys shield down? Instantly explodes when you throw it, so it kills them immediately. People rushing your objective? Pin them in a hallway, no one runs through pulse grenades.)

Only thing that sucks is you only get one of them (which is strange, considering most people think of it as the most underpowered of the 3 grenades).

> > Nice loadout design.
> > I’ll be recommending this video to my friend.
> > He’s trying to become a better Halo player.
> >
> > But I disagree with you on the Speed Boost.
> > I love it on close-quarters maps.
>
> Thanks a lot! Yeah, i shouldn’t have said that because i thought “wait… people probably do like that.” lol
> It’s just a personal preference i guess. I suck with the speed boost.

Try it with thruster pack, you boost like a flood lol.

Also, why is it not posted yet? You have a link to a video, but a list of loadouts should not require a visual aid, it’s all just words (unless you’re just trying to advertise your video to up your view count, which I thought wasn’t allowed).

I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:

> I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:

Then you are one of many of my victims >:D

OT: I got my one favorite Loadout. Seems to work in every single situation (except against Vehicles, but I just avoid those, so this doesn’t affect me).

> I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:

See!? Proof they suck. They suck so bad… people can just waltz right through them
-_-

> I like pulse grenades, they’re awesome (group of people with low-shields fighting cqc? All dead in an instant. Run out of ammo right as you took a guys shield down? Instantly explodes when you throw it, so it kills them immediately. People rushing your objective? Pin them in a hallway, no one runs through pulse grenades.)
>
> Only thing that sucks is you only get one of them (which is strange, considering most people think of it as the most underpowered of the 3 grenades).
>
>
> > > Nice loadout design.
> > > I’ll be recommending this video to my friend.
> > > He’s trying to become a better Halo player.
> > >
> > > But I disagree with you on the Speed Boost.
> > > I love it on close-quarters maps.
> >
> > Thanks a lot! Yeah, i shouldn’t have said that because i thought “wait… people probably do like that.” lol
> > It’s just a personal preference i guess. I suck with the speed boost.
>
> Try it with thruster pack, you boost like a flood lol.
>
> Also, why is it not posted yet? You have a link to a video, but a list of loadouts should not require a visual aid, it’s all just words (unless you’re just trying to advertise your video to up your view count, which I thought wasn’t allowed).

Because I was too lazy and didnt feel obligated to. Theres way too much detail i wanted to cover, and theres no way i could cover it all in a thread on waypoint without losing peoples interest. The point is to get the loadouts out there for people to enjoy, not get VIEWS on my amature clan youtube channel. Well I better post them soon then, because I’m probably going to be flagged by people like you right?
Pft, this community I swear. Can’t seem to enjoy anything and has to drag someone’s day down.

There are a lot of people that feel the loadouts are horrible; loadouts are amazing and being a core part of the multiplayer experience they should be used to their fullest extent. It is good to see someone not bashing loadouts for a change.

Loadouts are a great idea.I hated being stuck with the DMR or AR in Reach.even though I like those weapons its good to be able to choose.

> There are a lot of people that feel the loadouts are horrible; loadouts are amazing and being a core part of the multiplayer experience they should be used to their fullest extent. It is good to see someone not bashing loadouts for a change.

I also like the options to choose whatever you want. I don’t like to exploit the best weapons, just because i lIke variety. Even if the weapon is one of the worst, I still have fun using them all!
Thanks!

> > I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:
>
> Then you are one of many of my victims >:D
>
> I never die by them I am to skills ok well maybe once but was in a worthog with no driver and I got an overkill so all good :slight_smile:

> > > I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:
> >
> > Then you are one of many of my victims >:D
> >
> > I never die by them I am to skills ok well maybe once but was in a worthog with no driver and I got an overkill so all good :slight_smile:
>
> Ok that glitched a bit

> > I some times run through pulse grenades :slight_smile:
>
> See!? Proof they suck. They suck so bad… people can just waltz right through them
> -_-

And you only get one you can also walk around it and instantly become halos best grenade dodger