Loadouts Return?

Halo 4 had a unique multiplayer feature with loadouts. It might have taken away the even playing field Halo is known for but it did make the Spartans feel more personalized with the weapons and armor abilities they chose. Wouldn’t mind that returning with limitations to the Spartan Abilities since alot of people I know complained about them in Halo 5. Question, anyone miss the Boltshot from Halo 4 and sticky-detonater? I do a little.

I wouldn’t call them unique. Maybe unique to Halo, but COD had those before Halo. I didn’t like them for the exact reason you proposed. It largely eliminated the even playing field. Instead of starting with the same weapons and then scouring the map for power weapons, you could just spawn with the power weapons.

Though I do miss the sticky-detonator. That thing was really cool. I didn’t know there was an achievement for killing two hunters with that gun until I just tried using it on them lol.

> 2533274870308953;1:
> Halo 4 had a unique multiplayer feature with loadouts. It might have taken away the even playing field Halo is known for but it did make the Spartans feel more personalized with the weapons and armor abilities they chose. Wouldn’t mind that returning with limitations to the Spartan Abilities since alot of people I know complained about them in Halo 5. Question, anyone miss the Boltshot from Halo 4 and sticky-detonater? I do a little.

I would not like to see such loadouts. Per gametype loadouts ( like in reach) would be cool for custom games and certain playlists.

No, there is almost no chance that loadouts are going to return in Infinite.

Halo has a real opportunity to reestablish its identity as an arena shooter and a fundamental part of the arena shooter experience is even starts. The ONLY differentiating variable between players is skill.

Given that Halo is effectively the only AAA-caliber arena shooter left (Unreal reboot was cancelled, Quake Champions was sorta DOA), AND 343i has professed a desire to “maintain Halo’s unique identity and not simply become an amalgamation of current market trends”, then I believe even starts are required.

They could potentially be an option in custom-game lobbies, but not in matchmaking.

> 2533274935834633;4:
> No, there is almost no chance that loadouts are going to return in Infinite.
>
> Halo has a real opportunity to reestablish its identity as an arena shooter and a fundamental part of the arena shooter experience is even starts. The ONLY differentiating variable between players is skill.
>
> Given that Halo is effectively the only AAA-caliber arena shooter left (Unreal reboot was cancelled, Quake Champions was sorta DOA), AND 343i has professed a desire to “maintain Halo’s unique identity and not simply become an amalgamation of current market trends”, then I believe even starts are required.
>
> They could potentially be an option in custom-game lobbies, but not in matchmaking.

I feel that we should all start with Magnum and AR and then find better weapons in known spawn locations like Bungie’s OG trilogy. And if we are in a custom game, I agree that we can pick what we want. I highly dislike the REQ system, and have always awaited the return of Halo 3’s perfection. But hey, at least 343 learns from their mistakes.

Personally, I’m not a loadout fan at all in Halo. If I want loadouts I’ll play a other FPS. I just want Halo to be Halo again. I don’t want all this other stuff. If 343I/Microsoft want to put things like ADS style zooming, kill streaks, emotes, Battle Royale, loadouts, the sprint animation and so on, just make a other Halo game, maybe a free to play game…or maybe just make a whole new IP!

I could MAYBE see loadouts in a firefight type of mode, or something that is against the AI, but that’s it.

The boltshot from 4 I absolutely do NOT miss as it was stupidity OP. Even if it was a pick up weapon, I would still think it is… but the sticky detonator I do. I’m surprised it wasn’t in 5 to be honest. I thought it was an interesting weapon and would like to see it back

> 2533274870308953;1:
> Question, anyone miss the Boltshot from Halo 4

The Boltshot as a load out weapon was the worst thing in Halo 4. I can handle sprint, armor abilities, and the idea of load outs in general, but giving everyone a pocket shotgun ruined the Halo formula. There was zero point in equiping the the pistol or plasma pistol as a side arm, when the boltshot was superior in almost all circumstances. It got what was coming (huge nerf in Halo 5), and I am glad load outs have been done away with in arena multiplayer. I am fine with them as an option for custom games or non-competitive modes like btb or WZ, but in ranked I think they have no place.

Please God , no load outs. This was the first of many missteps made by Bungie during Reach and carried over (from a prequel mind you) by 343 to the 4th game in the time line. Their inclusion (along with Armor abilities) in 4 made no sense , and make even less now.

If you are one of those “it happened in the books” people , let me remind you that the books also had Chief tank a tactical nuke at point blank range. I don’t think you can balance that with the BR.

Unless it is an option in customs or firefight, I don’t want to see loadouts again in Halo.

Please no loadouts. A large problem with them was that they sometimes removed the use of already on map weapon placements. Normal standard weapon starts should always be the norm apart from custom games lest the weapon sandbox be decimated again.

Loadouts in firefight and invasion? Sure, why not!

Loadouts in 4V4, BTB, WZ and objective based modes? Hell no! Get out of here!

Loadouts in “competitive” playlists (I use quotations because I think that unranked Slayer, CTF, etc apply) should not be a thing.

I’d be fine if Loadouts return for ridiculous modes like Warzone or even if they decide to being back Reach-style Firefight (please do this, 343i).

But in modes where competition is vital, Loadouts ruin everything.

I don’t mind them in cooperative gametypes like Firefight or maybe even coo-op in campaign?

In MP, the balancing can be too difficult to achieve - there are so many weapons in Halo. You would end-up making it too restrictive.

> 2533274795098161;11:
> Loadouts in firefight and invasion? Sure, why not!
>
> Loadouts in 4V4, BTB, WZ and objective based modes? Hell no! Get out of here!

I can get behind this. As long as grenades and some weapons stay pickup only.
Loadouts in Halo 4 killed BTB vehicle gameplay because theres always one jerk who has a plasma pistol and 2 plasmas that would destroy any vehicle they saw. Or in competitive they would noob combo everything. The only thing bad about loadouts in they hurt the overall sandbox of weapons.

> 2533274832360281;14:
> > 2533274795098161;11:
> > Loadouts in firefight and invasion? Sure, why not!
> >
> > Loadouts in 4V4, BTB, WZ and objective based modes? Hell no! Get out of here!
>
> I can get behind this. As long as grenades and some weapons stay pickup only.
> Loadouts in Halo 4 killed BTB vehicle gameplay because theres always one jerk who has a plasma pistol and 2 plasmas that would destroy any vehicle they saw. Or in competitive they would noob combo everything. The only thing bad about loadouts in they hurt the overall sandbox of weapons.

I know, right? I really don’t understand why so many are actually asking for loadouts lately. PERSONALISED loadouts on top of that! I do think they can work in certain modes like I said before, but even than they should be like Reach and change based on map and game-mode to avoid balancing issues. For the rest, you already said it perfectly. Personalised loadouts in Halo are a mistake that shouldn’t be repeated ever again!

Nah I don’t want loadouts back for arena. They can keep them for WZ but stay away from arena.

I have a feeling in Infinite they will find other ways of making your Spartan feel more personalized rather than going the route they did in H4.
While I personally enjoyed the H4 sandbox while it lasted (unpopular opinion, ik lol) I agree with most others that a feature like that should only return to non-competitive modes such as firefight/PvE, custom games, and only a few social playlists where it seems fit.

The Sticky Detonator was cool but I don’t think I ever got that attached to it haha. I forget about it sometimes.
I actually do really miss the H4 Boltshot. And its not even necessarily the ‘shotgun’ feature that I miss most! Firing its little projectiles was somehow just super satisfying, even if not that effective against players XD

Nah. No loadouts, no armor abilities, no perks, no traits. Everyone spawns with the same guns and fights over the better ones.

I did enjoy the sticky det.
As for load outs I didn’t feel it was unique as it was in reach to a degree and was just like all the other shooters chasing the cod market. I hope load outs are absent from competitive multiplayer and are reserved for firefight/spartan ops. Personalization is represented by armour customisation well enough for me without a cost to gameplay. Halo4 had a pretty cool bolts hot bit the halo3 magnum/mauler Cross in 4 was cool.

> 2535438636443468;5:
> > 2533274935834633;4:
> > No, there is almost no chance that loadouts are going to return in Infinite.
> >
> > Halo has a real opportunity to reestablish its identity as an arena shooter and a fundamental part of the arena shooter experience is even starts. The ONLY differentiating variable between players is skill.
> >
> > Given that Halo is effectively the only AAA-caliber arena shooter left (Unreal reboot was cancelled, Quake Champions was sorta DOA), AND 343i has professed a desire to “maintain Halo’s unique identity and not simply become an amalgamation of current market trends”, then I believe even starts are required.
> >
> > They could potentially be an option in custom-game lobbies, but not in matchmaking.
>
> I feel that we should all start with Magnum and AR and then find better weapons in known spawn locations like Bungie’s OG trilogy. And if we are in a custom game, I agree that we can pick what we want. I highly dislike the REQ system, and have always awaited the return of Halo 3’s perfection. But hey, at least 343 learns from their mistakes.

Yes please. I hate BR starts in 2 and 3 on the MCC. AR/Magnum starts are the way to go.

Maybe just buff the BR/nerf the Magnum a bit in Infinite compared to 5 so I actually have a reason to drop the Magnum for the BR. Give it the range of the Gunfighter Magnum or something, the damage should stay the same.