Loadout recommendations

Hello, I just want some suggestions about what I should use on my loadouts. I have one free slot and can’t think of anything that will suit my playstyle. I am SR-130, and have everything unlocked. Here is a list of the loadouts I currently use:

The first is a very typical, noobish buid:
Carbine, Boltshot, Frag grenades, Jet Pack, Mobility, Dexterity
Why? Because it simply works.

The second is for BTB:
LightRifle/DMR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma grenades, Hardlight Shield, Resupply, Ammo
Stabilty would be a more obvious choice, but I just find the Ammo problem a much more urgent one. I still run out of ammo sometimes though. Also please tell me if another Armor Ability of Tactical Package would suit this loadout better.

I sometimes use this loadout in objective gamemodes:
Battle Rifle, Storm Rifle, Pulse grenade, AA???, Firepower, Sensor
I can’t decide which Armor Ability would be more helpful in a defensive role, because this is what I tried to build this loadout for, camping in a base. I tried Promethean Vision, Active Camo and Regen Field, but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

And the last one is for vehicles, weapons and grenades are irrelevant, Thruster Pack, Wheelman, Gunner. I prefer Gunner to Survivor because this loadout is almost exclusively for the Mantis, and it’s useless being on the ground waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I’d rather have the extra firepower and “go down with the ship”.

The loadout items I hate the most are the Assault Rifle and Plasma grenades when used to stick people in melee range. I tried using the same tactic, but it just doesn’t work for me.

One rule which I follow when building my loadouts is to make them as different as possible form each other, as I see some people who use the same armor abilty or perk on all their loadouts. I believe that this way of thinking ensures you’ll have something ready whenever the situation arises.
Please tell me what improvements I could make and some loadouts which you enjoy using. I am ready to test anything, no matter how impractical it may be. Who knows, it might actually work.

I look forward to hearing your recommendations.

Looks like you’re missing a CQC class. Here’s mine-

[Dervish]
Assault Rifle(TRAUMA)
Magnum (DEFAULT)
Fragmentation Grenades
Truster Pack/Jetpack
Mobility
Dexterity

It’s just a fun little class to race around the map with. Alternatively-

[Sapper]
Assault Rifle (DEFUALT)
Magnum (DEFUALT)
Fragmentation Grerandes
Truster Pack/Jetpack
Resupply
Explosives

All about spamming.

> Looks like you’re missing a CQC class. Here’s mine-
>
> [Dervish]
> Assault Rifle(TRAUMA)
> Magnum (DEFAULT)
> Fragmentation Grenades
> Truster Pack/Jetpack
> Mobility
> Dexterity
>
> It’s just a fun little class to race around the map with.

Too similar with my main class. I’d rather have a precision weapon as a primary, and the Boltshot is more than enough in CQC. Also it makes some people rage just as I do when I get killed by Assault Rifles, but if I want to change it, it’s usually simple to pick up an Assault Rifle or another weapon from the ground and keep my Carbine/Battle Rifle at the same time.

> [Sapper]
> Assault Rifle (DEFUALT)
> Magnum (DEFUALT)
> Fragmentation Grerandes
> Truster Pack/Jetpack
> Resupply
> Explosives
>
> All about spamming.

Tried this a few times. I have a hard time getting kills with grenades, they are more like a backup option. I hate getting spammed with grenades, so I won’t do it myself, because I will probably just waste them.

Maybe make a class for Spartan Ops then?

[Crusader]
Covenant Carbine (REIGN)
Suppressor (DEFUALT)
Plasma Grenades
Hardlight Shield/Auto Sentry/Regen Field
Firepower
Ammo

Sorry, but I stopped playing Spartan Ops long ago. I have no reason to do it. Last summer I deleted my entire friend list and barely played with anybody outside matchmaking ever since. I was thinking about opening a thread in the Recruiting section. People stopped using mics these days.

most of the time i play TS, so these are my 2 favourite classes, based on which map turns up, i choose one of them:

Battle Rifle
Magnum
Frag Nade
Regeneration Field
Resupply
Stability

Battle Rifle
Magnum
Frag Nade
Regeneration Field
Mobility
Dexterity

Most of the time, when the match starts i play with the second one, for the rush to power weapons and/or overshield, and then after first death i switch to my first class. only when bigger maps occur, i choose the second class the whole match. And Regeneration Field everytime. I love it.

Here are basically my classes.

My Go-to Class:
BR, BS, Thruster, resupply and dexterity
For more vertical maps I have an identical class but with jet pack

My third class is the same as the jetpack but with a dmr for long range maps, like Solace

My fourth is more of a troll class, that I use for assassinating and other trolly type stuff
AR, PP, Camo, Sprint, Stealth

And my Fifth is BTB:
LightRifle, DMR/AR, Jetpack, Firepower and Range

Personally I kind of like the last class because I have two long range weapons, I also see everyone on the radar before they see me so I can just melt them with the zoomed in lightrifle (Fastest kill time in the game).

I used to have a wheelman class for when I ran the warthog with a friend but him and I haven’t played in a while so I changed the class. But basically it was the same as the above, but with wheelman and gunner perk I think.

> most of the time i play TS, so these are my 2 favourite classes, based on which map turns up, i choose one of them:
>
> 1)
> Battle Rifle
> Magnum
> Frag Nade
> Regeneration Field
> Resupply
> Stability
>
> 2)
> Battle Rifle
> Magnum
> Frag Nade
> Regeneration Field
> Mobility
> Dexterity
>
> Most of the time, when the match starts i play with the second one, for the rush to power weapons and/or overshield, and then after first death i switch to my first class. only when bigger maps occur, i choose the second class the whole match. And Regeneration Field everytime. I love it.

Can’t see the Magnum’s place other than for comendations or because the Boltshot is overpowered. Stability is another perk which I can’t find a use for. I just flinch way too rarely. I think that Regen Field should be used in conjunction with Shelding. There is a little glitch when you stand at the edge of the field which starts the recharge and when you go outside it the recharge continues at an accelerated speed.

> > most of the time i play TS, so these are my 2 favourite classes, based on which map turns up, i choose one of them:
> >
> > 1)
> > Battle Rifle
> > Magnum
> > Frag Nade
> > Regeneration Field
> > Resupply
> > Stability
> >
> > 2)
> > Battle Rifle
> > Magnum
> > Frag Nade
> > Regeneration Field
> > Mobility
> > Dexterity
> >
> > Most of the time, when the match starts i play with the second one, for the rush to power weapons and/or overshield, and then after first death i switch to my first class. only when bigger maps occur, i choose the second class the whole match. And Regeneration Field everytime. I love it.
>
> Can’t see the Magnum’s place other than for comendations or because the Boltshot is overpowered. Stability is another perk which I can’t find a use for. I just flinch way too rarely. I think that Regen Field should be used in conjunction with Shelding. There is a little glitch when you stand at the edge of the field which starts the recharge and when you go outside it the recharge continues at an accelerated speed.

because i am refusing to be a boltshot lamer (though i had to use it for commendation, thankfully im finished with it)
stability for BR battles, and yea i tried shielding too, it also works fine

> Here are basically my classes.
>
> My Go-to Class:
> BR, BS, Thruster, resupply and dexterity
> For more vertical maps I have an identical class but with jet pack
>
> My third class is the same as the jetpack but with a dmr for long range maps, like Solace
>
> My fourth is more of a troll class, that I use for assassinating and other trolly type stuff
> AR, PP, Camo, Sprint, Stealth
>
> And my Fifth is BTB:
> LightRifle, DMR/AR, Jetpack, Firepower and Range
>
> Personally I kind of like the last class because I have two long range weapons, I also see everyone on the radar before they see me so I can just melt them with the zoomed in lightrifle (Fastest kill time in the game).
>
> I used to have a wheelman class for when I ran the warthog with a friend but him and I haven’t played in a while so I changed the class. But basically it was the same as the above, but with wheelman and gunner perk I think.

I need to test the Thruster pack, I never used it extensively. A troll class would interest me, as finding glitches and confusing people is one of my guilty pleasures, just there aren’t many options on how to do it. The last loadout particularly appealed to me, I never thought about making a long range class using both the LightRifle and the DMR.

> > > most of the time i play TS, so these are my 2 favourite classes, based on which map turns up, i choose one of them:
> > >
> > > 1)
> > > Battle Rifle
> > > Magnum
> > > Frag Nade
> > > Regeneration Field
> > > Resupply
> > > Stability
> > >
> > > 2)
> > > Battle Rifle
> > > Magnum
> > > Frag Nade
> > > Regeneration Field
> > > Mobility
> > > Dexterity
> > >
> > > Most of the time, when the match starts i play with the second one, for the rush to power weapons and/or overshield, and then after first death i switch to my first class. only when bigger maps occur, i choose the second class the whole match. And Regeneration Field everytime. I love it.
> >
> > Can’t see the Magnum’s place other than for comendations or because the Boltshot is overpowered. Stability is another perk which I can’t find a use for. I just flinch way too rarely. I think that Regen Field should be used in conjunction with Shelding. There is a little glitch when you stand at the edge of the field which starts the recharge and when you go outside it the recharge continues at an accelerated speed.
>
> because i am refusing to be a boltshot lamer (though i had to use it for commendation, thankfully im finished with it)
> stability for BR battles, and yea i tried shielding too, it also works fine

Yes, I know the way people think, but I have no mental block on using the Cheapshot, if it’s there, I’ll take it and not care about what other people think. They can argue with the developers. Stability was the last ability I unlocked. I never felt the need for it.

> And the last one is for vehicles, weapons and grenades are irrelevant, Thruster Pack, Wheelman, Gunner. I prefer Gunner to Survivor because this loadout is almost exclusively for the Mantis, and it’s useless being on the ground waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I’d rather have the extra firepower and “go down with the ship”.

My last loadout is also vehicle-specific:
-DMR
-Plasma Pistol
-Plasma grenade
-Thruster
-Wheelman
-Gunner

What I like about this is it’s great for fighting with vehicles or fighting against vehicles. So it’s the only time I put stickies and the plasma pistol in a loadout. And yes, a true driver or gunner always goes down in a fiery explosion!

> > And the last one is for vehicles, weapons and grenades are irrelevant, Thruster Pack, Wheelman, Gunner. I prefer Gunner to Survivor because this loadout is almost exclusively for the Mantis, and it’s useless being on the ground waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I’d rather have the extra firepower and “go down with the ship”.
>
> My last loadout is also vehicle-specific:
> -DMR
> -Plasma Pistol
> -Plasma grenade
> -Thruster
> -Wheelman
> -Gunner
>
> What I like about this is it’s great for fighting with vehicles or fighting against vehicles. So it’s the only time I put stickies and the plasma pistol in a loadout. And yes, a true driver or gunner always goes down in a fiery explosion!

That’s the exact loadout I use, except I would never use it on the ground. If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.

> I need to test the Thruster pack, I never used it extensively. A troll class would interest me, as finding glitches and confusing people is one of my guilty pleasures, just there aren’t many options on how to do it. The last loadout particularly appealed to me, I never thought about making a long range class using both the LightRifle and the DMR.

The thruster pack is amazing for getting out of sticky situations. Its a quick way to duck behind cover, to drop off of ledges, and its great for getting out of the way of rogue nades. Here is one of the best videos I have found showing some of the capabilities of Thruster Pack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la4gJp8n9Ds

I like having both of the weapons, that way if I am shooting a group of enemies long range I don’t have to reload, I can just switch to the other weapon. It also is handy cause I often run out of ammo in the LR, and when that happens I am not useless.

> > > If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.
> >
> > :open_mouth:

> > If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.
>
> :open_mouth:

yea, why not?

> > > If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.
> >
> > :open_mouth:
>
> yea, why not?

Cause you can still make that life useful and then switch after you die normally.

> > > And the last one is for vehicles, weapons and grenades are irrelevant, Thruster Pack, Wheelman, Gunner. I prefer Gunner to Survivor because this loadout is almost exclusively for the Mantis, and it’s useless being on the ground waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I’d rather have the extra firepower and “go down with the ship”.
> >
> > My last loadout is also vehicle-specific:
> > -DMR
> > -Plasma Pistol
> > -Plasma grenade
> > -Thruster
> > -Wheelman
> > -Gunner
> >
> > What I like about this is it’s great for fighting with vehicles or fighting against vehicles. So it’s the only time I put stickies and the plasma pistol in a loadout. And yes, a true driver or gunner always goes down in a fiery explosion!
>
> That’s the exact loadout I use, except I would never use it on the ground. If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.

You whaaaat?

Anyway. Mobility is wasted. Always go ammo, you get more shots with power weapons which means more easy kills. Dexterity is good but not really useful if you are aware of when you are low on ammo and always reload when in cover/disengaged.

Resupply is a waste for you if you hate using nades.

Typical loadouts for me…

Always go BR, 1.4 kill time, beats nearly everything. Plasma Pistol. People really under estimate this thing. Makes players a two shot kill if you drop their shields then change to BR (dexterity is good for this but practice will fine tune it for you anyway). Also the goto you need for any maps with vehicles. On Slayer types i will go firepower BR with Assault Rifle for CC, but then pick plasma nades for vehicles. Other than that i always use frags. They are better to lower shields so you already have an advantage before engaging.

All my loadouts use thrusterpack. The amount of lives it has saved me would be in the thousands. When you are one shot, thrust behind cover, even if the enemy is a good shot, unless it lags like carzy and you get shot through a wall or rock, you will live to fight another day.

Then i pick requisition or on objective resupply. More nades are good in objective games but in slayer requisition could be the difference between a needler and an incendiary cannon.

Hope this helps!

> > > > And the last one is for vehicles, weapons and grenades are irrelevant, Thruster Pack, Wheelman, Gunner. I prefer Gunner to Survivor because this loadout is almost exclusively for the Mantis, and it’s useless being on the ground waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I’d rather have the extra firepower and “go down with the ship”.
> > >
> > > My last loadout is also vehicle-specific:
> > > -DMR
> > > -Plasma Pistol
> > > -Plasma grenade
> > > -Thruster
> > > -Wheelman
> > > -Gunner
> > >
> > > What I like about this is it’s great for fighting with vehicles or fighting against vehicles. So it’s the only time I put stickies and the plasma pistol in a loadout. And yes, a true driver or gunner always goes down in a fiery explosion!
> >
> > That’s the exact loadout I use, except I would never use it on the ground. If someone else gets the Mantis at the beginning of the match, I kill myself.
>
> You whaaaat?
>
> Anyway. Mobility is wasted. Always go ammo, you get more shots with power weapons which means more easy kills. Dexterity is good but not really useful if you are aware of when you are low on ammo and always reload when in cover/disengaged.
>
> Resupply is a waste for you if you hate using nades.
>
> Typical loadouts for me…
>
> Always go BR, 1.4 kill time, beats nearly everything. Plasma Pistol. People really under estimate this thing. Makes players a two shot kill if you drop their shields then change to BR (dexterity is good for this but practice will fine tune it for you anyway). Also the goto you need for any maps with vehicles. On Slayer types i will go firepower BR with Assault Rifle for CC, but then pick plasma nades for vehicles. Other than that i always use frags. They are better to lower shields so you already have an advantage before engaging.
>
> All my loadouts use thrusterpack. The amount of lives it has saved me would be in the thousands. When you are one shot, thrust behind cover, even if the enemy is a good shot, unless it lags like carzy and you get shot through a wall or rock, you will live to fight another day.
>
> Then i pick requisition or on objective resupply. More nades are good in objective games but in slayer requisition could be the difference between a needler and an incendiary cannon.
>
> Hope this helps!

Yes it helped a lot.

I use Mobility for the times I get a Sword/Shotgun, or just need to get the hell out of a place. Running away from enemies, you could even call this fleeing is what Sprint by default encourages. I practice by going in Grifball and trying to evade enemies while having the bomb.

Dexterity is also useful while on multikills when no teammates are around to cover you while you reload. I am a compulsive reloader, I won’t walk in another room with anything less than a full clip.

I find Ammo most useful when isolated and on large maps, where weapon pickups are far from each other. Of course it also increases Ammo on power weapons, but if you die anyway? The next player who gets it may get extra shots for free, even though they don’t have Ammo. I rarely rely on Ordnance anyway, it’s too random, I prefer killing people who use it, even though that means taking a risk.

It’s not like I don’t use nades, but when I see those crazy sticks in montages I just think how many grenades people waste throwing at random. I wonder, how many grenades were ever thrown in Halo 4 and how many of them earned people kills, or even dealt any damage. Many of them were used just to suicide. Grenades have their own niche, but people use them for far more purposes, I just don’t throw them when I could, because I forget about them. I see players in MLG matches throwing both their grenades on the first enemy they see. For me they just aren’t that important.

I would use the BR even 70-80% of the time, but I’m going through a phase when I like the Carbine better. The burst nature of the BR makes it require slightly more precision. With the Carbine missing a shot is acceptable, with the BR missing an entire burst costs you much more. Still, It’s pretty too damn good compared to the other rifles.

I agree the Plasma Pistol can do much more than just making vehicles Plasma Grenade magnets, but just like the Boltshot it’s only good when charged up. It’s great at tracking targets, but I’ve had cases I missed even after 3 attempts. Usually you will get killed if you miss the first one. It’s biggest drawback is it’s very low ammo capacity, compared to the other games. In Reach I could beat an AR with it at close-medium range. Here it’s a pea-shooter and without Ammo it has a maximum of 5 charges, not to mention the ridiculous rate of battery drain when you hold the charge.

On small maps I don’t want to use Firepower unless I camp. Weapons from dead players are plentiful enough.

I will give the Thruster pack a try, I just need to be aware that I have it and use it in the appropriate situations. I haven’t formed a reflex yet on when I should use some abilities and that sometimes puts me at a disadvantage because I forget that I could save myself just by clicking a button.

Requisition is a perk I wouldn’t use because even though it could provide me with a good weapon, it could just as well fall to the enemy. Ordnance simply represents another luck factor in a game, just like connection. I don’t feel the need for having another shot at a good weapon, because I like to make use of what I have.

Thank you for your advice.

Here is a good close range one with ability to defend at longer ranges.

Storm rifle
Magnum
Jetpack
Any grenade
AA efficiency
Ammo