Loadout Promethean & Covenant weapons?

Do you think they should allow you to have the option to just spawn with say a suppressor or boltshot instead of making these power weapons. These are simply not good enough to even bother equipping at the minute. I think they should add the following weapons as basic loadout weapons. They’re clearly not intended to be power weapons apart from the stronger variants.

Suppressor - LVL1
Upgraded - LVL3
Final variant - LVL6

Boltshot - LVL2
Open Hand - LVL3
Closed Fist - LVL4

Light Rifle - LVL6
Upgrade - LVL8
Upgrade - LVL9

Storm Rifle - LVL3
Upgrade - LVL5
Upgrade - LVL7

Plasma Rifle - LVL3
Upgrade - LVL5
Upgrade - LVL7

Carbine - LVL3
Upgrade - LVL5
Upgrade - LVL7

The plasma pistol should definitely never, ever be made a basic loadout weapon. :smiley:

But the above, I think, seem fairly reasonable and would mean more people would take these weapons instead of saving their REQ points for vehicles or better power weapons.

Perhaps in a future game 343 might make it so that whilst some REQ’s you burn as a one use only. Other weapons like the above you burn and you can spawn the weapon like a loadout any time during the game?

Maybe just the original versions. The upgraded versions of those REQs should still be burnable cards. It would definitely change how Warzone plays. It would also help with weapon commendations. I’m fine if they do this, and fine if they don’t.

> 2533274939961451;2:
> Maybe just the original versions. The upgraded versions of those REQs should still be burnable cards. It would definitely change how Warzone plays. It would also help with weapon commendations. I’m fine if they do this, and fine if they don’t.

I think part of the problem is that 343 seem to assume that you won’t always have a full deck of cards. So you would spawn a max suppressor if you don’t have a ghost ultra. But its a tougher sell if you can get the vehicles.

First level Carbine and Light Rifle, I can kinda get behind that. Light rifle, not as much as Carbine. I tear through people getting perfects. The upgraded variants, heck no.

Everything else, no.
Those guns have their place.
Storm and Plasma Rifles tear though things where a BR/AR/Mag wouldn’t.
Suppressor and Boltshot shot track too much.

The reason you don’t seem them much IMHO is because most AI drop them. That and you can usually have a BR by that time as well and not many see where the guns are useful.

The Boltshot in the beginning of WZ Assault is devastating.

> 2533274939961451;2:
> Maybe just the original versions. The upgraded versions of those REQs should still be burnable cards. It would definitely change how Warzone plays. It would also help with weapon commendations. I’m fine if they do this, and fine if they don’t.

yeah i was gonna say the same thing

I’ve also had an idea of a “Weekly Refresh REQ Pack”. Once a Week, you have 5 possibilties to get something like:

• 5 Carbines - 5 Suppressors - 5 Shotguns - 5 Snipers - 5 Storm Rifles - 5 Brute Plasma Rifles - 5 Lightrifles - 5 Boltshots - 3 Rocket Launchers - 3 SPNKr Launchers - 3 Grenade Launcher - 3 Energy Swords and/or Gravity Hammers - 3 Hydras - 3 Plasma Casters - 3 Fuel Rods - 5 Warthogs - 5 Mongooses (Mongeese?) - 5 Ghosts - 3 Scorpons - 3 Wraiths - 5 Wasps - 3 Banshees - 3 Mantises - 5 Damage Boost - 5 Overshield - 5 Speed Boost - 5 Active Camo - Chance of getting an Ultra Rare REQ or Higher - Chance of getting a RP or XP BoostThe pack wouldn’t contain all of these, just maybe 3 or so from every group (Weapon, Vehicle, Power Up) out the things above you can possibly get.

> 2777219770217226;4:
> First level Carbine and Light Rifle, I can kinda get behind that. Light rifle, not as much as Carbine. I tear through people getting perfects. The upgraded variants, heck no.
>
> Everything else, no.
> Those guns have their place.
> Storm and Plasma Rifles tear though things where a BR/AR/Mag wouldn’t.
> Suppressor and Boltshot shot track too much.

But they simply aren’t used. In theory, in WZA everyone has a level 1 REQ and I would expect all of the team to spawn with these weapons if they offered a noticeable boost to your infantry killing power. In practice this isn’t done. On WZ it isn’t done because usually your REQ level hits the vehicle level within the first minute and you would never burn your REQ on lesser guns.

Isn’t the basic suppressor one of the weakest guns in the game?

Nah, maybe the basics, but the upgrades? I can usually hit level 9 pretty early in a game and I would be blood of suban and dying staring the crap out of people non stop. It would be chaos. lol

I know, but only a fraction of the REQ’s get used.

Outside of vehicles I consistently only ever really see:

Plasma Pistol
Railgun
Spartan Laser
Sniper Rifle

Its not like Jorges chaingun where rarity is a factor. People must surely have these REQ’s but people really do not use their full range of weapons.

More generally I’d point out that three of those guns are anti vehicle. Three are long range one shot weapons. That says a lot in of itself.

Clearly 343 wants people to drop their CQC REQs to take and defend the bases; in practice this just doesn’t happen that often.

> 2533274803587475;1:
> Do you think they should allow you to have the option to just spawn with say a suppressor or boltshot instead of making these power weapons. These are simply not good enough to even bother equipping at the minute. I think they should add the following weapons as basic loadout weapons. They’re clearly not intended to be power weapons apart from the stronger variants.
>
> Suppressor - LVL1
> Upgraded - LVL3
> Final variant - LVL6
>
> Boltshot - LVL2
> Open Hand - LVL3
> Closed Fist - LVL4
>
> Light Rifle - LVL6
> Upgrade - LVL8
> Upgrade - LVL9
>
> Storm Rifle - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> Plasma Rifle - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> Carbine - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> The plasma pistol should definitely never, ever be made a basic loadout weapon. :smiley:But the above, I think, seem fairly reasonable and would mean more people would take these weapons instead of saving their REQ points for vehicles or better power weapons.
>
> Perhaps in a future game 343 might make it so that whilst some REQ’s you burn as a one use only. Other weapons like the above you burn and you can spawn the weapon like a loadout any time during the game?

Maybe just the original versions. The upgraded versions of those REQs should still be burnable cards. It would definitely change how Warzone plays. It would also help with weapon commendations. I’m fine if they do this, and fine if they don’t.

I think it is fine like it is right now.

> 2533274803587475;1:
> Do you think they should allow you to have the option to just spawn with say a suppressor or boltshot instead of making these power weapons. These are simply not good enough to even bother equipping at the minute. I think they should add the following weapons as basic loadout weapons. They’re clearly not intended to be power weapons apart from the stronger variants.
>
> Suppressor - LVL1
> Upgraded - LVL3
> Final variant - LVL6
>
> Boltshot - LVL2
> Open Hand - LVL3
> Closed Fist - LVL4
>
> Light Rifle - LVL6
> Upgrade - LVL8
> Upgrade - LVL9
>
> Storm Rifle - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> Plasma Rifle - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> Carbine - LVL3
> Upgrade - LVL5
> Upgrade - LVL7
>
> The plasma pistol should definitely never, ever be made a basic loadout weapon. :smiley:But the above, I think, seem fairly reasonable and would mean more people would take these weapons instead of saving their REQ points for vehicles or better power weapons.
>
> Perhaps in a future game 343 might make it so that whilst some REQ’s you burn as a one use only. Other weapons like the above you burn and you can spawn the weapon like a loadout any time during the game?

I’m not really sure what your getting at here. Most of the REQs listed are lvl 1 or 2 already, which means you can literally use them with in the the first 10 seconds of a game. And if you do spawn one of them at you home base by the time you reach the armory and clear it out your REQ lvls you just spent for your weapon are filled up again. So most of these are essentially load out weapons, and if your running low on the basic versions of them you can just buy a couple bronze REQ packs.

Because they simply aren’t being used

No that’s what halo 5 is about. Balanced arena. Those weapons are powerful in there own way and the arena was made to revolve balanced gameplay from the AR and magnum. I don’t care to go into statistics take it or leave it. But if it’s or warzone or etc I could see it happening maybe?