Loadout Balancing Suggestions

As many of you know,the additions of loadouts in H4 has worked really well except for some of the choices.

2 of the secondary weapons in Halo 4 have been causing some problems in Matchmaking. The Boltshot breaks the small maps with it’s ability to OHKO at fairly generous distances while the ability to spawn with a Plasma Pistol in BTB makes using vehicles pretty much useless.

The Sticky Grenades also shorten the average lifespan of vehicles. The Pulse Grenades should be buffed so that a player in the Blast radius is slowed down and loses his shield energy. It should also have 2 Grenades at the start instead of one.

Finally, there’s the DMR which is way too precise and defeats every precision at all distances, making them pointless.

Here are my suggestions that would help make the Multiplayer experience much more balanced and enjoyable:

-Boltshot is removed from the loadout options and is instead a non power weapon map pickup similar to the Plasma Pistol in previous Halo games. It should not be in Global Ordnance the same way Power weapons are. It should only be found on small to medium maps.

-Plasma Pistol is removed from the loadout options and is instead a non power weapon map pickup similar to the Plasma Pistol in previous Halo games. It should not be in Global Ordnance the same way Power weapons are. It should found on all maps

-Plasma Grenades are removed from loadout options and are limited to being Map pick ups.

-Pulse Grenades buffed. Players spawn with two of them.

-DMR’s rate of fire is reduced and more bloom is added to the gun.

I agree with you this is a nice easy fix. However, then all we have left for secondaries is the pistol?

The problem with all of this is that messing with one item may create multiple other issues…

343i knows this. This is why they do not make wholesale changes until they are sure that a balance has been achieved.

I have an easier fix.

Take out loudouts, make everyone spawn with the same weapons and place pwoer weapons on the map to be picked up…

You know like in all previous Halo games (Except Reach but even then you didnt have a custom loadout you had to choose between options offered in the gametype, was never a fan fo that either but ah well)

> I agree with you this is a nice easy fix. However, then all we have left for secondaries is the pistol?

And it’s the only one we need as a loadout choice.

> The problem with all of this is that messing with one item may create multiple other issues…
>
> 343i knows this. This is why they do not make wholesale changes until they are sure that a balance has been achieved.

This. What happens to your loadout commendations?

Here are my thoughts…

Re: boltshot: I guess it could be nerfed a tad but honestly it never bothered me. Because, you know, I learned from my mistakes.

Re: plasma pistol: if anything buff the rapid fire so you can actually earn a kill with it. That mastery is going to be a nightmare to earn. If anything you need to buff the vehicles to make them more resilient to damage.

Re: grenades: Keep 'em as is. Frags are fine. Stickies are fine; if you get stuck then its your fault for getting so close. Buff the vehicles so 2 stickies don’t trash a hog. Pulse grenades: why not give two for the loadout?