Loading Information from Xbox Live

Is anyone else getting this message lately? I think a few days ago it was saying it couldn’t retrieve info, but now I keep getting this message every time I switch lobbies.

Yes. All day. Driving me nuts. Same thing right now.

Yeah, that’s been happening a lot to me, too. It’s really frustrating because Reach is one Halo game I am more than happy to keep going back to, and yet how can I play online with these issues?

Definitely frustrating. I’ll have to try again later tonight.

Been happening for me too. Ever since the servers were down for a day or two last week.

Yup they are doing the same to me & like 25 friends. But when i call they say everything is fine on there end even when nobody can get a game going because its loading info forever.

whatever they did while the servers were down messed up the search function in matchmaking quite a bit.
1st glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you first go in a lobby like team slayer.
2nd glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you switch to a different lobby.
3rd glitch: when you start to search it immediately says restarting search like youve been searching for
a few minutes and it couldn’t find anyone.
4th glitch: randomly boots you out of the voting lobby after the players are set to search again. just like on the mcc when someone dodges and they restart the search.
5th glitch: after a game in the gametype lobby it goes into loading info from xbox live message and then for a second it says cant connect to xbox live before finishing loading.

i hope the halo reach community gets some help pretty soon about these problems we’re having.

> 2533274851775044;7:
> whatever they did while the servers were down messed up the search function in matchmaking quite a bit.
> 1st glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you first go in a lobby like team slayer.
> 2nd glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you switch to a different lobby.
> 3rd glitch: when you start to search it immediately says restarting search like youve been searching for
> a few minutes and it couldn’t find anyone.
> 4th glitch: randomly boots you out of the voting lobby after the players are set to search again. just like on the mcc when someone dodges and they restart the search.
> 5th glitch: after a game in the gametype lobby it goes into loading info from xbox live message and then for a second it says cant connect to xbox live before finishing loading.
>
> i hope the halo reach community gets some help pretty soon about these problems we’re having.

Yep, I’ve having the exact same issue and one more, If will be part of a party (e.g. 7 other players) and then I will get kicked out and start searching again. Basically, it can take a 6-7 minutes to actually get a successful game. Also, when I finish, saving stats can also take ages.

Please fix this!! :frowning:

> 2533274819185906;8:
> > 2533274851775044;7:
> > whatever they did while the servers were down messed up the search function in matchmaking quite a bit.
> > 1st glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you first go in a lobby like team slayer.
> > 2nd glitch: loading info from xbox live message when you switch to a different lobby.
> > 3rd glitch: when you start to search it immediately says restarting search like youve been searching for
> > a few minutes and it couldn’t find anyone.
> > 4th glitch: randomly boots you out of the voting lobby after the players are set to search again. just like on the mcc when someone dodges and they restart the search.
> > 5th glitch: after a game in the gametype lobby it goes into loading info from xbox live message and then for a second it says cant connect to xbox live before finishing loading.
> >
> > i hope the halo reach community gets some help pretty soon about these problems we’re having.
>
> Yep, I’ve having the exact same issue and one more, If will be part of a party (e.g. 7 other players) and then I will get kicked out and start searching again. Basically, it can take a 6-7 minutes to actually get a successful game. Also, when I finish, saving stats can also take ages.
>
> Please fix this!! :frowning:

Darth Masiah is right about all of the glitches.

jayok12 has an excellent point. Its funny how you mentioned that “it can take 6-7 minutes to actually get a successful game.” My buddy Spakle Man and I were trying to complete some of our remaining commendations on Fire Fight match making last night and he started to complain about how long it takes to start the next match. So I asked him a couple of simple questions.
“How much of your time would you assume is being wasting? Is it 10%, or perhaps 15% or even as much as 20%?”

Spakle Man said it was about 50%. But I challenged him on that because I’m waiting with him as we are partied up most of the time. Then he busted out his timer app on his iPhone and started to actually time how long it took from the end our match, until the start of our subsequent match. On the first attempt, it was slightly over 10 minutes. In all fairness, that wasn’t the norm, but he frequently had 7+ minute wait times between each match last night. When you consider that it takes approximately 20 minutes to complete a Firefight match, we literally spent over 33.33% of our time waiting to get into a match while dealing with all of the glitches that Darth Masiah mentioned above.

**OVER 1/3 OF OUR TIME IS BEING WASTED DUE TO THESE GLITCHES!!!**Let me put that in perspective for you. We connected online and played Halo Reach for three hours. CORRECTION: We played for two hours and were intermittently forced to wait to start matches for a total of one hour. Do you get it now?

What bothers me most about this is that Spakle Man and I are both family men. We both have wives, children and careers. I’m sure a lot of you out there can relate. We only have so much time to spare. Don’t get me wrong guys, I’m not asking for special consideration or anything. Regardless of your personal situation, none of us can afford to have our time wasted like that.

Here is the bottom line. I’m getting the feeling that 343i has made business decisions that they know full well will alienate their fan base. They know about these glitches. They are not producing revenue with this product anymore. Fixing the glitches cuts into their bottom line. I’ve been in the software industry for my second decade now and I’m not expecting them to invest anymore time or resources on fixing these issues. It really is too bad considering that Halo Reach was the #2 top selling Halo game in the franchise.

I suppose I’ve resigned myself to dealing with it and I’m just voicing my frustrations on this forum post. All I know is that if Facebook went down, or twitter, or even the Amazon cloud services for even one minute, people would be in an upheaval and news of that outage would instantly go viral. I know that Halo Reach isn’t at that level, but if we few remaining loyal players don’t voice our opinion, the problems will continue to plague matchmaking and will set a precedent that will be unfavorable to the customers in future releases of the franchise.

Please see this thread, thanks
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/reach-servers-down/0121719b-74f4-43aa-b395-f8040acb7bb3/posts?page=4#post70