Load-outs but no BR?

Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.

Something to chuckle about.

What?

Im pretty sure technology today can get outdated in a couple of days/weeks too. Also reach is the testing place of AA’s so it was only there.

> Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.
>
> Something to chuckle about.

If you’re looking for a canonical reason I’m afraid you aren’t going to find one.

The DMR is/was an Army Weapon. The BR a Marine Weapon.

Noble Team is an ARMY unit.

> > Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.
> >
> > Something to chuckle about.
>
>
>
> If you’re looking for a canonical reason that would support your whining I’m afraid you aren’t going to find one.
>
> The DMR is/was an Army Weapon. The BR a Marine Weapon.
>
> Noble Team is an ARMY unit.

they are also spartans. sorry guys, we spent millions on each of your suits of incredibly advanced armor, but you guys are in the army so you can only use army weapons.

LMAO!!!

The DMR isn’t any worse than the BR, only difference is the smaller clip. Both guns can go single shot to full auto. If anything the DMR is stronger than the BR, on a bullet by bullet basis.

> > > Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.
> > >
> > > Something to chuckle about.
> >
> >
> >
> > If you’re looking for a canonical reason that would support your whining I’m afraid you aren’t going to find one.
> >
> > The DMR is/was an Army Weapon. The BR a Marine Weapon.
> >
> > Noble Team is an ARMY unit.
>
> they are also spartans. sorry guys, we spent millions on each of your suits of incredibly advanced armor, but you guys are in the army so you can only use army weapons.
>
> LMAO!!!

Thats how the military works buddy.

Can’t fight hate with hate and expect to win. Kinda like fighting for oil, while using oil to fuel the war. And if justice was meant to be an eye for an eye, then the world is a very blind place indeed.

Noble is an expendable R&D fire-team. They work for the Army, not the Navy. That they must adhere to standards set by a streamlined unit working for the Navy, beyond being granted access to the MJOLNIR armour for being SII-capable, is unrealistic.

Is it necessary to go into how the various divisions work within a large force such as the US? Or can you accept the fact that politics and resources NEVER make things easy for any armed force, least alone corrupt ones?

Simplified; the Army garrisons planets.

> > > > Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.
> > > >
> > > > Something to chuckle about.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > If you’re looking for a canonical reason that would support your whining I’m afraid you aren’t going to find one.
> > >
> > > The DMR is/was an Army Weapon. The BR a Marine Weapon.
> > >
> > > Noble Team is an ARMY unit.
> >
> > they are also spartans. sorry guys, we spent millions on each of your suits of incredibly advanced armor, but you guys are in the army so you can only use army weapons.
> >
> > LMAO!!!
>
> Thats how the military works buddy.

Wait so the army has the same tanks, same cars (except made out of blam plastic since it flies so easy), same AR, same pistol series, same Dropships, same what not but a different Medium range weapon…come on!

> > > > > Because the fall of Reach happened so far before Combat Evolved (sarcasm here), it was logical to remove the “highly advanced” BR and give us the “old” DMR, yet give us “highly advanced” load-outs… just saying.
> > > > >
> > > > > Something to chuckle about.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If you’re looking for a canonical reason that would support your whining I’m afraid you aren’t going to find one.
> > > >
> > > > The DMR is/was an Army Weapon. The BR a Marine Weapon.
> > > >
> > > > Noble Team is an ARMY unit.
> > >
> > > they are also spartans. sorry guys, we spent millions on each of your suits of incredibly advanced armor, but you guys are in the army so you can only use army weapons.
> > >
> > > LMAO!!!
> >
> > Thats how the military works buddy.
>
> Wait so the army has the same tanks, same cars (except made out of blam plastic since it flies so easy), same AR, same pistol series, same Dropships, same what not but a different Medium range weapon…come on!

It’s only sorta the same AR. The MA37 series and MA5 series are extremely similar weapons but branded differently for Army or Navy (respectively) because they are requisitioned differently for different tasks. Both were introduced 2437. In over 100 years, yes that is expected to make it throughout the system. Heck, at that time, the SRS-99 (the Sniper) wasn’t the Sniper. It was used as an anti-material weapon and the DMR was both the marksman weapon and when its sight was upgraded, a sniper. It wasn’t until the Covenant came a knocking that the 14.5mm anti-SOB SRS-99 became the “Sniper” weapon.

Though used as a prototype amongst special forces units since 2525, the BR became “standard issue” in 2548 when it began to phase out the DMR. Great news at that time. The Army began to acquire a yoink!load of DMR surplus (as did the Insurrectionists) while the Navy got the BRs first (as did a few lucky Insurrectionists).

Now let me tell you how fun and easy it is to equip an entire Navy of personal scattered throughout approximately 114 million cubic lightyears… it ain’t. Especially with a war going on.

But the forces on the front line get the new official toys first, so what you gonna do?

Want me to go into how important the difference in model series can actually be and why the Navy and Army don’t have the same tanks even though the chassis’ are almost identical in appearance?

I would say something here that would be negative…but my posts keep disappearing anyways.

:smiley: opens arms out indicating a hug

> Can’t fight hate with hate and expect to win. Kinda like fighting for oil, while using oil to fuel the war. And if justice was meant to be an eye for an eye, then the world is a very blind place indeed.
>
> Noble is an expendable R&D fire-team. They work for the Army, not the Navy. That they must adhere to standards set by a streamlined unit working for the Navy, beyond being granted access to the MJOLNIR armour for being SII-capable, is unrealistic.
>
> Is it necessary to go into how the various divisions work within a large force such as the US? Or can you accept the fact that politics and resources NEVER make things easy for any armed force, least alone corrupt ones?
>
> Simplified; the Army garrisons planets.

so what you are saying is, it makes sense for them to give a single person a GRIP of training, and a combat suit worth millions, then put task them with the hardest missions that they might even die in, but letting them use non-army weapons is out of the question?

LOL!

> > Can’t fight hate with hate and expect to win. Kinda like fighting for oil, while using oil to fuel the war. And if justice was meant to be an eye for an eye, then the world is a very blind place indeed.
> >
> > Noble is an expendable R&D fire-team. They work for the Army, not the Navy. That they must adhere to standards set by a streamlined unit working for the Navy, beyond being granted access to the MJOLNIR armour for being SII-capable, is unrealistic.
> >
> > Is it necessary to go into how the various divisions work within a large force such as the US? Or can you accept the fact that politics and resources NEVER make things easy for any armed force, least alone corrupt ones?
> >
> > Simplified; the Army garrisons planets.
>
> so what you are saying is, it makes sense for them to give a single person a GRIP of training, and a combat suit worth millions, then put task them with the hardest missions that they might even die in, but letting them use non-army weapons is out of the question?
>
> LOL!

What he’s saying is that in terms of logic, it makes a lot of sense to give Spartans who are operating ON Reach, a DMR, since if they need to find ammo for it, they wont have to go far.

No Marines, No BR.

> :smiley: opens arms out indicating a hug

:\

Your entire argument hinges on the assumption that the DMR is inferior to the BR, which is purely your own opinion.

IMO, the DMR is better.

-N

Forums won’t let me edit my post…so I’m double-posting (sorry).

As for the rest of the “advanced” technology, it’s easy to just assume that Reach (and Noble team) were test-beds for advanced gear, and our good buddy John 117 and his MJOLNIR variant just aren’t compatible with Armor Abilities.

It makes sense that the last surviving Spartan wouldn’t have access to armor abilities that were developed on a planet that had already fallen to the Covenant. It’s not like a soldier is going to pick up an AA and say to himself “hey, I think John might need this later.”

That would require planning, and this is the military we’re talking about.

-N

In game, you do realize the DMR is a 5 shot and the BR a 4 shot yes? What would you be referring to then? Halo 3 BR had spread and the DMR has bloom.

> Forums won’t let me edit my post…so I’m double-posting (sorry).
>
> As for the rest of the “advanced” technology, it’s easy to just assume that Reach (and Noble team) were test-beds for advanced gear, and our good buddy John 117 and his MJOLNIR variant just aren’t compatible with Armor Abilities.
>
> It makes sense that the last surviving Spartan wouldn’t have access to armor abilities that were developed on a planet that had already fallen to the Covenant. It’s not like a soldier is going to pick up an AA and say to himself “hey, I think John might need this later.”
>
> That would require planning, and this is the military we’re talking about.
>
> -N

You can edit by clicking the pencil on the top right of any post you author.

> Your entire argument hinges on the assumption that the DMR is inferior to the BR, which is purely your own opinion.
>
> IMO, the DMR is better.
>
> -N

Yes, it is my opinion :wink: Long live the BR!