Load out system, a mix of 3, Reach and 4.

Starting Weapons
Like in Halo 4, you get to choose between the Assault and Battle Rifles (and their species equivalents), pistols and grenades.
If 343 implement power bonuses and tactical package options, then they will be here too.

Power Weapons
These will no longer be dropped with ordinance like in Halo 4, but go back to being placed on the map. They will still drop in like ordinance, but it will no longer show up on the HUD when they do respawn.

Armour Abilities
AA will no longer be available in your load out, but instead will be given to you in ordinance drops. Here’s how they will work;

Left Option - Priority Ability
The AA on the left will be your Priority Ability. You choose this in your load out, and when ever an Ordinance Drop is available, this AA will ALWAYS be there.

Right Option - Random AA
This will be a random AA, but never the same as your Priority Ability, to give you the choice of two AAs.

Down Option - Power Boost
Damage, Shield, Speed, Jump, and any other 343 might think of for HX1.

Up Option - Ammo Drop
This will give you extra clips for what ever weapons you are carrying, even power weapons. That might seem unfair, but if given the choice would you rather have 4 extra rockets or a jetpack?

I think this could be an interesting set up as it would provide a mix of the old with the new.

TL;DR Put power weapons back on the map, and add AA to Ordinance.

You know, this actually seems like a pretty solid idea.

Perhaps instead of ordinance, each player could select a boost, armour ability and power weapon for their loadout which they do not get from the start of the game but as you score points then you fill a bar which is segmented into 3 sections.
When you fill the first segment you get the boost you selected (this will probably take about 30 points or 3 kills). When you fill the second segment you are granted your choice of power weapon (probably about 75 points for this) and then finally when you fill the bar you are granted your armour ability (125 points?).
The bar would not reset between deaths but once it reaches the top then you must wait for it to cool down before you can start refilling it again.

Just some thoughts I had inspired by your idea.

> You know, this actually seems like a pretty solid idea.
>
> Perhaps instead of ordinance, each player could select a boost, armour ability and power weapon for their loadout which they do not get from the start of the game but as you score points then you fill a bar which is segmented into 3 sections.
> When you fill the first segment you get the boost you selected (this will probably take about 30 points or 3 kills). When you fill the second segment you are granted your choice of power weapon (probably about 75 points for this) and then finally when you fill the bar you are granted your armour ability (125 points?).
> The bar would not reset between deaths but once it reaches the top then you must wait for it to cool down before you can start refilling it again.
>
> Just some thoughts I had inspired by your idea.

I think the power weapon should be the last reward you obtain thru the bar’s.

Each power weapon should need more or less points to gain.
A needler is powerful, but nowhere as worthy as a rocket launcher.

The AA’s are scattered around the map kind of like the field equipment in halo 3 accept you can pick them up when you die. But I like the other ideas they seem solid.