Living Dead: New Exploit Found on Countdown

This is gonna get buried in a few minutes and it’ll probably never be seen, since Waypoint has no Optimatch-like section…

…but someone on Bungie.net’s Reach Forum discovered a major exploit on Countdown. Harder than the Sword Base ledge, but considerably more imbalanced.

That will be funny to see people attempting to get up there and then fall in the process.

Oh, Infection. xD

> Oh, Living Dead. xD

Fixed. D:<

> > Oh, Living Dead. xD
>
> Fixed. D:<

Haha!

Yeah, I don’t know why you’re still bothering with it though. There always seems to be some problem with the gametype/maps no matter what you do with them… /:

> > > Oh, Living Dead. xD
> >
> > Fixed. D:<
>
> Haha!
>
> Yeah, I don’t know why you’re still bothering with it though. There always seems to be some problem with the gametype/maps no matter what you do with them… /:

Infection is one of the most unique gametypes in Reach, and one of the ones with the most potential. Living Dead can easily be turned into an amazing and fun Infection experience, if given the appropriate attention and if its flaws are addressed. I don’t want to see that potential go to waste.

> > > > Oh, Living Dead. xD
> > >
> > > Fixed. D:<
> >
> > Haha!
> >
> > Yeah, I don’t know why you’re still bothering with it though. There always seems to be some problem with the gametype/maps no matter what you do with them… /:
>
> Infection is one of the most unique gametypes in Reach, and one of the ones with the most potential. Living Dead can easily be turned into an amazing and fun Infection experience, if given the appropriate attention and if its flaws are addressed. I don’t want to see that potential go to waste.

Although I will never enjoy Infection of any form (unless, perhaps, it were to evolve into Infection Slayer (equal footing, everyone’s a zombie/human, etc.)) I’m curious. What do imagine the perfect Infection experience?

> Although I will never enjoy Infection of any form (unless, perhaps, it were to evolve into Infection Slayer (equal footing, everyone’s a zombie/human, etc.)) I’m curious. What do imagine the perfect Infection experience?

A balanced one, plain and simple.

>

Most spots are as hard to defend as they are to attack. There are many things that serve to make an area balanced. One common trait is to add minimum of three entrances or choke points to each location. The entrances ought to be usable without restricting one’s movement (i.e. you shouldn’t have to crouch, but you should have the option to crouch). The idea is to give the Humans a perimeter of a manageable size to defend. They should be able to predict where Zombies can come from, but not necessarily where they will come from.

>

Starting the Humans in a “neutral” area – i.e. one that isn’t super-vulnerable, but isn’t easily-defensible, either – is a good way to promote map movement, as the Humans try to migrate to positions that may be more desirable depending on their play-styles. (For example, a vulnerable building with several escape routes, versus a more closed-off building whose narrow lines of sight compensate for its fortifications.) In accordance with this, a medium-large map (with limited sightlines, to prevent Magnum cross-mapping) would probably be ideal; there’d be space for several different defensible areas, each of which could cater to different styles of play.

>

Some places may be even harder to defend than they are to attack, but they would contain their own incentives; a fast but very risky escape route, for example. (Spots that are imbalanced in favor of the Zombies can be avoided by Humans. The same is not true for spots that are imbalanced in favor of the Humans. (Because of the hunter-versus-prey nature, you see.) So spots that are overly-hard to defend are fine, but spots that are overly-hard to attack are not.)

>

Those kinds of map factors tend to enhance some of the dynamics that Infection tends to promote… The gametype has a very “Us vs. Them” mentality to it, which serves to heighten teamwork and even create a kind of tension. You’re only a Human once, so if the map forces you to work with your fellow Humans (by being balanced), you probably will. The Zombies likewise are forced to use teamwork; they’re frail but fast, and when they gain strength in numbers, they become quite menacing.

>

The gametype is one-sided in its traits and in the roles it assigns to players, but when executed properly it is not one-sided in its balance. It definitel promotes a very close kind of teamwork, and it can even promote suspense (because of the extreme differences between the roles). Yet at the same time, it’s more cordial; it’s “Us vs. Them”, but you will be both Us and Them at some point in the match.

>

I do apologize for my verbosity; it’s just that I haven’t yet figured out how to describe the essence of the gametype succinctly.

bungie failing at soft kill barriers? UNHEARD OF.

lol.

Lol I can’t believe it took this long for people to catch on. This little spot has been something I have known about for months.