Living Dead Forgetacular Contest?

I believe it would be a great idea to have a Forgetacular contest specifically for the Living Dead playlist. After all, it is the playlist that is in need of community maps specifically designed for infection type games.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

YES YES YES YES YES YEYSYEYSYSYE YYESYSYSyes YES
yes yeysys yes yes! YES! YES!

<<< If you can’t tell, I’m very enthusiastic about having a contest like this! :smiley:

A contest would be a good idea. However, the problem isn’t with quantity but rather with quality; a lot of Infection maps simply aren’t up to par for use in Matchmaking.

With that in mind, the requirements for an Infection contest would likely need to be strict to ensure the submission of Matchmaking-quality maps. My guess is that if such a contest were to be held, the requirements would probably look something like these:

Must be compatible with 2-player split-screen. No discoing during gameplay, and no frame rate lag (excluding the “built-in” lag seen on maps like Breakpoint and Highlands, as that’s not under a Forger’s control).

Must be tested and balanced for the “Alpha Zombies” variant currently in Matchmaking. Defensible areas are fine and expected, but camp spots – specifically, design flaws (like Zealot’s space) and map exploits (like Sword Base’s ledge) – are absolutely not permitted.

Should feature zombie-themed gameplay. Just because you built something using Infection doesn’t make it a zombie game; things like “Halo on Halo”, “Ice Cream Man”, and “Fat Kid” are not zombie games.

Should actually work. Map escape exploits should not exist. At all. (If it’s walkable and it shouldn’t be, put a Soft Kill Boundary on it. You never know what crazy jump path the Humans will find… and subsequently abuse… a lot…)

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that if a contest happens, those are the guidelines we’ll be seeing. I based those guesses off of what I’ve seen one Cartographer using in their submission process.

> A contest would be a good idea. However, the problem isn’t with quantity but rather with quality; a lot of Infection maps simply aren’t up to par for use in Matchmaking.
>
> With that in mind, the requirements for an Infection contest would likely need to be strict to ensure the submission of Matchmaking-quality maps. My guess is that if such a contest were to be held, the requirements would probably look something like these:
>
> - - -
>
> Must be compatible with 2-player split-screen. No discoing during gameplay, and no frame rate lag (excluding the “built-in” lag seen on maps like Breakpoint and Highlands, as that’s not under a Forger’s control).
>
> Must be tested and balanced for the “Alpha Zombies” variant currently in Matchmaking. Defensible areas are fine and expected, but camp spots – specifically, design flaws (like Zealot’s space) and map exploits (like Sword Base’s ledge) – are absolutely not permitted.
>
> Should feature zombie-themed gameplay. Just because you built something using Infection doesn’t make it a zombie game; things like “Halo on Halo”, “Ice Cream Man”, and “Fat Kid” are not zombie games.
>
> Should actually work. Map escape exploits should not exist. At all. (If it’s walkable and it shouldn’t be, put a Soft Kill Boundary on it. You never know what crazy jump path the Humans will find… and subsequently abuse… a lot…)
>
> - - -
>
> Yeah, I’m pretty sure that if a contest happens, those are the guidelines we’ll be seeing. I based those guesses off of what I’ve seen one Cartographer using in their submission process.

Exactly, the majority of forger don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to designing maps so a contest like this wouldn’t be too benifical.