Living Dead: Algorithm for choosing zombies?

Hey,

Ever since I started played Living Dead, I’ve noticed that sometimes, players are chosen as zombie for all three rounds, thus leaving other people to be human for all three rounds. Although this not happen every single time, it happens a lot, and as much as I love being human for every round, it also sucks to be zombie for all three rounds.

Thus, I ask if there is an algorithm, or a system, for picking zombies. From what I see, it’s pretty random, so if there is an algorithm, it needs to be adjusted so people have equal-er turns being human/zombie. If not, I have two suggestions of how they could implement a system for choosing zombies.

1. The first round, three random players are picked as zombies, and are given a ‘mark’ on the system. On the second round, all players who do not have a mark can be chosen for zombie, and those who are are, likewise, given a mark. Thus, in the third round, only 6 players can be chosen for zombie, and everyone has at least 2 out of 3 rounds as human (some get three, but it’s still a win-win situation).

2. At first, three random players will be chosen as a zombie. During the second round, however, the three players who have the top score will be chosen as a zombie, while the players finishing in last will be humans. This way, those with a low score can get a higher score as humans, and those with high scores can still vie for better scores.

I’m not a programmer or tech genius, so I’m not sure if this can be coded, but I only wish that Living Dead would be a bit fairer when it comes time to pick the Alpha zombies.

-BurningHero74

The guys at 343 have developed a very sophisticated system for choosing who plays as zombies in Living Dead. Players are chosen as zombies by randomly drawing names out of a hat. I kid you not.

So will there be one in Halo 4?

> So will there be one in Halo 4?

There was a living dead in Halo 3, so I guess so.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to make four rounds and every single person will get a turn at being a zombie for one round as there are twelve players playing. I think that would be better.

In your system, three people will be left without being a zombie at all. My suggestion makes everybody a zombie once per game.

> > So will there be one in Halo 4?
>
> There was a living dead in Halo 3, so I guess so.

There was Equipment in Halo 3 as well, does that mean Halo 4 will have it? I’m not sure where that logic is coming from.

I do hope that Halo 4 features Living Dead, though.

Im guessing that there will be a living dead in halo 4. I really hope they choose a different way to change what happens when a zombie leaves and randomly chooses somebody not infected.

> > > So will there be one in Halo 4?
> >
> > There was a living dead in Halo 3, so I guess so.
>
> There was Equipment in Halo 3 as well, does that mean Halo 4 will have it?

He’s referring to game-types. Infection and Grifball have become one of the staple game-types of Halo.

I’m talking about a system for choosing zombies though, because I’m pretty sure Living Dead is going to be in Halo 4 …

At least, I hope it is :frowning:

I’ve always thought it out to be whoever is coming last in the game is put as a zombie
However that logic and theory was utterly wasted after numerous games of coming first in the rounds and still being put as a zombie. The first times I thought it was just accidental then it became apparent.

> I’m talking about a system for choosing zombies though, because I’m pretty sure Living Dead is going to be in Halo 4 …
>
> At least, I hope it is :frowning:

I hope it will be not in Halo 4, but there will be for sure because it’s one of the most populated playlists in reach.

The humans and zombies are selected at random.