Living Builder on Genesis?

If you find the Mission Intel on the planet Genesis, you find audio from a Builder who seems to know of the pact made between Cortana and the Warden. This seems to indicate that there is a Builder still alive in the galaxy! What I wonder is, where is he, and will he show up later in the fiction?

Saw that too. Actually I could have sworn Exuberant Witness on Genesis said the Master Builder (Faber) was still alive. It was something in passing. She was in the middle of doing something, briefly paused to say (and I’m paraphrasing), “Wait, he is still alive?” and continued with her original task. I haven’t replayed the mission so can’t quote it directly. I have been trying to see someone else mention it online but have yet to see anything. If that is the case who knows how many Forerunners could be alive for Halo 6 and future novels.

That was quite interesting and I hope we hear more from that Builder in the future. Would like to see more Forerunner. Those who survived the launch of the Halo Array.

We need Faber vs didact FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

I don’t think this particular Forerunner is Faber, but it is possible that Faber could still be alive. Although that’s not necessarily a good thing. Before the attack on the Greater Ark, the Gravemind and Mendicant Bias discussed their next move and the Gravemind says that the Master Builder has piqued their interest.

Halo Silentium
String 24, Page 207

GRAVEMIND: Forerunners surprise even those who created them. Their treachery is matched only by their resourcefulness. One of them, the Master Builder, arouses our interest.

It’s certainly possible that the Flood didn’t kill Faber when they destroyed the Greater Ark and Omega Halo. There is no guarantee he survived though, since he could have been taken and consumed by the Gravemind personally, but since there is no way to confirm this they could always leave it open for him to return the same way the Ur-Didact did. A corrupted pawn of the Gravemind.

I remember it saying that he stayed behind on the greater ark and was supposed to have died there but seeing the trend of “resurecting” Forerunners I wouldn’t be surprised if he did survive. Just a random side thought, considering they didn’t give much information on Genesis or its location, how awesome would it be if they were like, “oh forgot to mention, but Genesis is actually the Greater Ark. You didn’t know you were outside the galaxy???” Lol.

I forgot about the Gravemind/MB convo. That could be interesting bringing the flood or even precursors into it. With that many players on the stage though that could get convoluted pretty quickly.

Faber as an ally would be a wild card regardless of being corrupted by the flood. He’s basically a corrupt, corporate psychopath (the real definition, i.e. simply lacks the ability to empathize with others) who also happens to be a genius. You never know if you want to root for them or despise them. At least Exuberant Witness seems to be a little more on the sane side compared to Guilty Spark.

There’s still Bornstellar’s group that reseeded the galaxy after he fired the halos. I’m sure they’re probably still alive somewhere but have simply exiled themselves for the act the committed, possibly similar to that group the Librarian found in Silentium(?).

http://www.halopedia.org/Unindentified_Builder

This is what Halopedia has on the subject, I haven’t found all the terminals yet regarding this subject so I don’t know how reliable this information is.

> 2533274804431591;2:
> Saw that too. Actually I could have sworn Exuberant Witness on Genesis said the Master Builder (Faber) was still alive. It was something in passing. She was in the middle of doing something, briefly paused to say (and I’m paraphrasing), “Wait, he is still alive?” and continued with her original task. I haven’t replayed the mission so can’t quote it directly. I have been trying to see someone else mention it online but have yet to see anything. If that is the case who knows how many Forerunners could be alive for Halo 6 and future novels.

I am trying to find where exuberant says this
:worried: