Little things that make you happy

When I saw this year’s E3 Halo 4 Trailer, three things stuck out to me:

1. You can (presumably) carry eight grenades again. I love Reach, but I hated how they limited you to just four grenades, 2 frags and 2 plasma grenades. One thing that immediately caught my eye when looking at the HUD was that Master Chief was carrying 4 frag grenades, and can presumably carry 4 sticky grenades. It’s great to see grenades return to their Halo: CE and Halo 2 glory. (For the record, I suck at using frags and I’m even worse with the stickies, I still like using them though)

1. Master Chief talks during gameplay. Steve Downes gives Master Chief an awesome voice, and those tiny bits of dialogue gives so much more character to the Chief and makes the game feel more alive.

2. Cortana actually appears on a screen on the side of the HUD instead of being a disembodied voice when she talks for brief periods of time.

There are a ton of huge things in the trailer that are worthy of getting excited over (FORERUNNER AI ENEMIES! WOOT!), but is there anything else little in the trailer you saw that made you happy?

Im pretty sure making two threads on the exact same thing…with just changing up the words in the title is against the rules. Its like double posting…

I love the vignette animations - the sort of things that don’t explicitly give away information, but hint at the power structure within the covenant forces on Requiem (the part where the elite shoves the grunt)

Wait, this was posted before? Oh crap, sorry! How do I delete this one?

This site seemingly crashed on me last time I tried to post, so I didn’t think it went through. Again, sorry.

Assassinations. They look amazing, and much quicker and more fluid. Just watch this guy get tackled at 2:20! Is this Madden or something?

> I love the vignette animations - the sort of things that don’t explicitly give away information, but hint at the power structure within the covenant forces on Requiem (the part where the elite shoves the grunt)

I was exceptionally impressed at that too. It really goes to show just how much effort 343 has dedicated to the series. The detail reminds me of the beginning mission for the first time in Halo 3, but under some new updated detail and when I noticed they were actually using key elements from the novels (how elites behaved towards other specie’s, it made me feel really good about the direction 343 is going.