Little details that might be important

I’m going to go through the new info piece by piece. Keep in mind im looking for the LITTLE THINGS. Let’s start with the blog: Link
I’m just going to quote important parts, but check out the images too. the campaign looks awesome.

> Environments have been built with multiple paths and varying elevation so that players can support one another in combat.

This likely means that most open areas will have 2-4 ways to move, because of 4 player coop. They likely want you to split either in half or separate entirely.

> Not only is the physical footprint of our levels huge, but there are actually seven distinct art pallets across the campaign alone

343 continuing the ode to 7’s. Also, 13-14 campaign missions confirmed? Every 2 missions from what we’ve heard is a before and after of chief then locke, except for the first one as locke.

> from snowy mountain tops to mysterious alien jungles.

Self explanatory, jungle mission confirmed for 5 halos in a row.
Image analysis:
Rocket marines return! (on back with tanaka)
Is that a binary rifle in the bottom left behind the sniper rifle?
The return of those halo 4 forerunner AA turrets from reclaimer, but a little smaller (top right- ish)

NOW FOR THE Vidoc VIDEO
0:39 Is it me or are they on a halo? Whatever it is the world is forerunner, no human world has had that verticality in the past and the forerunner architecture is in the background. Another note, chief’s visor is cracked at this point, does this happen after the fight with locke?
0:15 What is this? it doesnt match any mission we’ve seen so far, and it looks pretty -yoink-ing important.
1:28 Final version of that cutscene where buck was sitting on thin air. fixed unfortunatley.
And the Gameplay Capture
0:14 Looks just like he forge map from the beta
1:40 Grunt-splosions return
2:58 Looks like you could’ve kept going up and to the left here. Maybe a skull up there?
3:24 Plasma caster grenades bounce back off jackal shields, good to know.
3:43 I will eat my pants if you cant climb up that T shaped structure that fell over. Also, bugs on the ground.

Well thats all i’ve got.

This is a really quality post. Thank you for making this.

My most anticipated aspects are the verticality of the maps and " seven distinct art pallets across the campaign". I find the lack of variety in the multiplayer maps to be very disappointing, thus far. It will be exciting to see the different art pallets in the campaign, and hopefully those translate into future DLC maps.

> 2533274892061674;2:
> This is a really quality post. Thank you for making this.
>
> My most anticipated aspects are the verticality of the maps and " seven distinct art pallets across the campaign". I find the lack of variety in the multiplayer maps to be very disappointing, thus far. It will be exciting to see the different art pallets in the campaign, and hopefully those translate into future DLC maps.

Thanks, As for my excitement its that forerunner world i mentioned. It cant be any world we’ve seen so far since those are all covenant/human, so what is it? Also yeah, the 7 distinct art styles is important too; halo 4 kind of didn’t change too much throughout. Human, forerunner, human, forerunner, human. Oh and then a jungle and a desert because why not. No covie architecture, they were just kind of there.

Wow you noticed much more than I did from those new videos

> 2533274894930311;4:
> Wow you noticed much more than I did from those new videos

Not necessarily more, just different things. Like how i missed dedicated customs servers being confirmed in the blog post. And I didn’t notice chiefs visor was cracked in any of the scenes until the other thread pointed out it was cracked on meridian. That’s when I noticed it on the forerunner world.

Keep this thread up OP

We may see more by next week. Next news you should update this

Pretty sure they are on Sanghellios, the elite homeworld
One of the grunts even yell “Sanghellios is ours!”
Link to vid go to 1:24

> 2533274846483350;7:
> Pretty sure they are on Sanghellios, the elite homeworld
> One of the grunts even yell “Sanghellios is ours!”
> Link to vid go to 1:24

Sorry if I’m necroposting, I just want to clarify what I was saying. I know they are on sanghelios, its in the mission intro, but the place i was wondering about was 0:39 in the vidoc thing. That architecture hasnt been seen before in any trailers, and more closely resembles requiem and the halos than any other landscape.

I noticed that water in H5 actually reflects objects and characters this time. There’s a part of the gameplay where Locke jumps into the water up to two Jackels and you can see the bright reflections of thei shields in the water.

Not a thread-worthy revelation, but man I love those attentions to detail.

> 2533274920092347;8:
> > 2533274846483350;7:
> > Pretty sure they are on Sanghellios, the elite homeworld
> > One of the grunts even yell “Sanghellios is ours!”
> > Link to vid go to 1:24
>
>
> Sorry if I’m necroposting, I just want to clarify what I was saying. I know they are on sanghelios, its in the mission intro, but the place i was wondering about was 0:39 in the vidoc thing. That architecture hasnt been seen before in any trailers, and more closely resembles requiem and the halos than any other landscape.

Nah man, necroposting is if the thread has been dead for days or longer.

Loving the list OP, it’s the little things like this that just make it for you sometimes :slight_smile:

In the ‘binary rifle’ picture of yours OP… what kind of crazy vehicle with six wheels is there in the background (middle of the picture)? Can you drive that thing?!
There is also a Mongoose in the picture.