Litle Worms

Hello there all Halo fans, I’m here today for a little, slimy, quite dangerous and eel like topic: the Lekgolo. We have seen and known quite of most in the Halo Universe, but most of all Humanity (obvious), Prophets, Elites, Brutes, Forerunners, even Unggoy and Jackals, but not too much of the Lekgolo. Is true that a like these giant, bipedal, killer, worm colonies, and they were central point in Nightfall but still I’m very curious abot them. First of all, they are quite intelligent, and that is were I’m going, they were Tier 3 Technology civilization before the Taming of the Lekgolo, that means, they had space-travel tecnology, the could travel across the space, they must have weapons and all! I’m just wondering, how would be their weapons? their arquitecture? how would be a worm builded spacecraft? We know art of the Sangheili, the Brutes, the Unggoy, the Forerunners, their tecnology, some weapons, some ships, some cities, but what about these killer worms? It would be quite awesome, or slimy but I’m curious and personally i would like know more about them, and maybe someday see their own technology and architecture or something of the Lekgolo.

Its known that even befor the taming they formed Hunterlike objects so maybe it share a similarity with that what we seen through the games.
Corrections and Personnal views are welcome.

The Lekgolo never got very far from their honeworld Te, so I’d imagine their traveling wouldn’t go beyond nearby moons. As for what their tech would look like, I’d say it be technology that incorporates themselves into the design. Scarabs are piloted by Lekgolo colonies, I’d imagine any ships would be the same. As for how worms could do this, Lekgolo colonies seem fairy smart and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some kind of hive mind when joined together to generate more complex thought. Been a while since I’ve delved in their lore, so don’t quote me on that.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> The Lekgolo never got very far from their honeworld Te, so I’d imagine their traveling wouldn’t go beyond nearby moons. As for what their tech would look like, I’d say it be technology that incorporates themselves into the design. Scarabs are piloted by Lekgolo colonies, I’d imagine any ships would be the same. As for how worms could do this, Lekgolo colonies seem fairy smart and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some kind of hive mind when joined together to generate more complex thought. Been a while since I’ve delved in their lore, so don’t quote me on that.

It has been confirmed that they have a Hivemind when joind togheter and this Hivemind has even his own personality.

I think this is a great question in all honesty, because it is quite a funny thought of basically worms building cities and ships for travelling through space. I would assume their architecture and design would be like a hive, and they could probably form a hivemind of sorts to create and pilot their vehicles :slight_smile:

I would think that their technology would look very, what’s the word I’m looking for, biological. Not in the sense of the Flood where everything is just flesh of some poor individual that was infected. Though in the sense of stones, and various shapes of natural formations that have the Lekgolo thriving within. Possibly even capable of being seen through various cracks.

It could also turn into the Lekgolo simply using other civilizations technology rather than their own. As when the Covenant found them there were two distinct types of Lekgolo they had encountered. Those whom fed on Forerunner technology, and those whom lived in a mutually beneficial relationship with the technology. The former obviously being destroyed while the latter were those who were “Tamed.”

I would like to know what exactly made the Lekgolo a Tier 3 species. I mean, they’re the most realistically alien of the aliens we see in Halo, with the exception of Huragoks and The Flood, perhaps. I share your sentiment in wanting to know more.

> 2533274821609239;6:
> I would think that their technology would look very, what’s the word I’m looking for, biological. Not in the sense of the Flood where everything is just flesh of some poor individual that was infected. Though in the sense of stones, and various shapes of natural formations that have the Lekgolo thriving within. Possibly even capable of being seen through various cracks.
>
> It could also turn into the Lekgolo simply using other civilizations technology rather than their own. As when the Covenant found them there were two distinct types of Lekgolo they had encountered. Those whom fed on Forerunner technology, and those whom lived in a mutually beneficial relationship with the technology. The former obviously being destroyed while the latter were those who were “Tamed.”

Could be that any spacecraft the Lekgolo made would be somewhat crude to merely get them from world to world. I don’t recall the Covenant engaging in space battles with the Lekgolo, they just feared glassing them out of the fear of glassing Forerunner relics.

lekgolo homeworld was originally a rocky world. Now this has been retconned and Te is a gas giant. Lekgolo came from a forerunner orbital which they devoured thus forming the rings of Te. They then managed to get to Te’s moons but according to Grim Lekgolo mostly evolved among the rings.
Finally, Lekgolo aren’t Tier 3. This got retconned and apparently all evidence points to them being Tier 7. Even in the Bungie days Lekgolo had no ships. And of course the Covenant never threatened to glass Te like Bungie stated because Te is a gas giant and no lekgolo are on it.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/species/lekgolo-mgalekgolo-hunter
The lekgolo are the only species that Canon Fodder states no technology tier for. But so far the terminals have shown them only as colonies of worms on rocks with no tools and technology.

Awesome responses indeed. It is true that they never left their planet but still they traveled trough the moons and rings, and also they must had had weaponry to fight the Covenant at the time, and well they had acces to Forerunner technology, even if they eat it I can only guess they also kind of used it. I don’t know is quite interesting a “Space Traveling Worm Civilization” and quite gross i suppose. I just wonder.

They were so freaky O_O