Literally my only issue with all the new info

Loved all the announcements about campaign and multiplayer (35maps :o ) but read recently that although each spartan has a unique HUD and loadout Kelly will have the same base movement speed.

She can run at 38MPH in the books and would love for this to be shown in the game, maybe give Fred a more powerful melee, John an ammo bonus? And Linda a special vision mode?

What do you guys think?

I think that it’s good that none of the Spartans are unique gameplay entities. Halo really isn’t that sort of game to allow for class-based teams yet. It’s good that each member gets their own unique starting weapons. Abilities would be just a bit too much and throw things off. Though it wouldn’t shock me if we see their individual skills shine in cinematics.

> 2533274860224613;1:
> Loved all the announcements about campaign and multiplayer (35maps :o ) but read recently that although each spartan has a unique HUD and loadout Kelly will have the same base movement speed.
>
> She can run at 38MPH in the books and would love for this to be shown in the game, maybe give Fred a more powerful melee, John an ammo bonus? And Linda a special vision mode?
>
> What do you guys think?

I would love to see them shine in their respective “skill sets” but it’d be difficult to implement these traits to each character without making gameplay for each character unbalanced, but if they could pull it off id love to see it. I dont know about you but if Fred had 2x melee damage id just always pick him, and that right there is a disruption in gameplay and balance.

I feel like the loadouts are a good way to distinguish the characters. It’d be hard to balance out four equally viable abilities that work with all environments the characters play through, so weaponry is the next best thing.

I just think it’s weird that Kelly has a shotgun and Fred has a DMR, why?

It would be hard to balance them having different abilities.

If Kelly had faster sprinting, speed-runners might want to play co-op…
And for the people who like to play solo, they’d feel like they’re missing out because they’re stuck with Chief/Locke, and there’s no way to play other characters in solo mode.
But I think the intial loadouts are good enough. Linda does get her sniper rifle.

> 2533274894863132;5:
> I just think it’s weird that Kelly has a shotgun and Fred has a DMR, why?

Yeah, Fred should have at least had an SMG. Though keep in mind that the DMR has no scope.

Seriously though, I love how Linda has a scope on her thrusters.

> 2533274872578239;7:
> If Kelly had faster sprinting, speed-runners might want to play co-op…
> And for the people who like to play solo, they’d feel like they’re missing out because they’re stuck with Chief/Locke, and there’s no way to play other characters in solo mode.
> But I think the intial loadouts are good enough. Linda does get her sniper rifle.

Here’s a simple fix.
-let kelly have her enhanced speed and reflexes
-let linda have her enhanced marksmanship
But when you go to play as that character you don’t get those bonuses. It could even be a skull to activate