Listen to the community. Remove the xp cap.

I’ve seriously been capped every day except 2 days since launch. It’s pointless. The high end armor mods are not that extremely overpowered to justify this cap. Sitting at 58, I would easily be 60 now working on my second specialization if it wasn’t for this stupid cap.
Its been a week now. Just remove it before more people quit. Limiting your player base’s progress via xp caps is about the most foolish and unnessicary thing I’ve seen in any fps in a long time.
Theres tons of threads about it, lots of complaints.
Just listen to your community. remove it.
Sigh

I heard from some friends on Xbox Live that the reason the cap is in place is to prevent boosting.

If that’s the case, I think that wasn’t the best decision. I really enjoy ranking up and I hope 343i does something about the cap. Hopefully it’s only temporary because I don’t like getting capped while playing. It’s not as fun.

patience young grasshopper enjoy your time dont jump through it.

The cap should stay but it should definitely be raised to a higher limit…

Someone on Waypoint has already hosted a formal poll about the XP cap.
Obviously, more than 90% said “No XP cap”.

Just wait for the first update, they’ll probably change it then.
If not, then the second update.

I love playing halo 4 and I love leveling up. This rediculous cap is preventing me from doing one of the things I love. And yes I’ve played through the campaign, twice now, and every episode of spartan ops on legendary. Having an absolute blast, but this xp cap is my only complaint through all of it so far, and its not even nessicary. If they’re worried about boosting, then just reset their damn stats if theyre caught doing it. Other developers have taken similair measures against cheaters/exploiters. 343 should do the same, instead of limiting EVERYONES progression.

I’m actually 95% sure they’ve raised the cap. Initially it was about 75k (roughly 8 hours of play time for me). Now its some where in the area of 100-125k.
Still, with me not having a job and having time to play, im getting capped for 4-6 hours a day =(
Again, the cap isnt even nessicary and is punishing people who arn’t boosting/exploiting in a failed attempt to prevent boosting/exploiting. It just dosn’t make sense and is creating alot of community backlash.

ok i understand the need for an xp cap. and preventing boosting as an excuse is complete bs. my friend got a ban for boosting. if you can get ban’d then why have an xp cap. and at least let us get challenges and commendations exp . wtf is the point of letting us get progress towards them if we can get rewarded with exp from them?

Yeah it is a bs excuse. Its just dumb. I’ve never even heard of a game having a daily xp cap.

Not only that. It’s really stupid seeing other people 20 levels above me but god forbid I have a day off and want to play all day and half way through I get capped at level 40 while others are still making progress in their 50s that’s just unfair IMO but whatever

It’s unfair to everybody who loves playing the game and has the time. Just dumb

The XP cap was put into prevent boosting. I think it got raised though to like 150k last I heard. At least people aren’t abusing it online (excluding those offline)

Again, other games have punished boosters/exploiters by resetting their stats. thats the right way to do it. Not punish everybody else.

> It’s unfair to everybody who loves playing the game and has the time. Just dumb

If you love playing the game, and have the time … then just play the game. I have always viewed EXP/cR as the parsley on the side of a plate of stake, it’s just there because it is. I’ve capped each of the last 4 days playing Halo 4. Do I stop everything I am doing just because I hit a cap? Hell no. I keep playing because I enjoy doing so, joking ‘Welp, there’s the cap!’.

Can anyone link me the poll to remove the xp cap so i can vote on it? cant find it =p

I’m still playing after im capped to work on commendations, but that dosnt mean the cap shouldn’t be removed.

> Again, other games have punished boosters/exploiters by resetting their stats. thats the right way to do it. Not punish everybody else.

especially when boosters get EXP banned anyway, so if that’s the case, then why have an EXP cap?

No idea bud. Like I said, the xp cap isnt the right way to combat boosters because its hurting legit players. It dosn’t make sense.