List of Trust Levels and explanations

For anyone interested this post will list all the trust levels attainable and how.
Trust Levels:

• Default user level for new users (Posts and replies at this level are marked as spam and checked manually by moderators)
    • Requirements: View 5 topics, read 30 posts, read posts for 10 minutes total
    • Benefits: All normal discourse features as well as ability to mute users and flag posts
    • Requirements: Visit waypoint on 15 unique days, give and receive 1 like, reply to 3 different topics, enter 20 topics, read 100 posts, and spend 1 hour reading posts
    • Benefits: Ignore other users, edit posts for up to a month after posting, daily like/edit limits 1.5x, invite others to a topic and create group PMs
    • Requirements (For past 100 days): Visit waypoint at least half those days, reply to 10 different topics, receive 20 likes and give 30 likes , read and view 25% of posts created
    • Benefits: Recategorize and rename topics, access level 3 and higher only topic, make own posts wiki, daily like/edit limits 2x
    • This level is not permanent like the others and can be lost
    • Requirements: Must be given this by a staff member
    • Benefits: Edit all posts, pin/unpin topics, archive and close topics, unlist topics, split and merge topics, daily like/edit limits 3x, hide posts, send PMs to emails

*Link and image permissions are turned off for everyone besides admins
*You can view the list of all badges by clicking on ‘badges’ under the hamburger symbol next to your profile picture

23 Likes

Thx for the info, new people will need this info :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

No problem - Had to look around a bit to find out this info for myself so just shared it here for everyone.

5 Likes

I’m guessing you copy/pasted this from that Discourse faq page, but there are two things wrong. Lv1’s can’t send private messages or create links in posts. Either it’s a glitch or, more likely, 343 changed it from its default. I assume Lv2’s and up have access to those features.

3 Likes

I saw it mentioned in a different post but link permissions are turned off atm and may be turned on later - And yeah my bad I don’t think Lv1s can send PMs.

1 Like

Curious what level 3 topics are.

3 Likes

Was looking for something like this. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Thank you, was looking for more info on this.

3 Likes

*You can view the list of all badges by clicking on ‘badges’ under the hamburger symbol next to your profile picture

That’s the best name for that weird symbol that I’ve ever seen. It’s a minimalist hamburger! Haha!

This info is interesting. I’m glad someone said something about the source of those trust levels. I found the link to the discourse dot org page too but I didn’t scroll all the way down to read it. Hopefully we can get some more concrete info because those default settings set some extremely high bars. I also wonder what this wiki feature is and if 343i will use it or not. Thanks for the lead.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree - There is info on the trust levels generally speaking but it’d be nice if 343 clarified which trust levels have which permissions specifically as getting to trust level 3 seems tough as hell with the requirements I posted.

1 Like

Incredibly helpful, thanks for this.

2 Likes

@Bennyjojo31 here are the trust levels bro

4 Likes

This is good information to have. Thanks @Aquatoned! :v:

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for the info! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks this helped! I’ve been looking around to figure out the ranking structure

2 Likes

So… what is the point of daily like and edit limits? To me, they’re unnecessary and very annoying.

3 Likes

Agreed - They seem arbitrary and limiting - No real benefit to limiting likes and posts as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Yep. It just makes me not want to come here

1 Like

It’s to avoid spam. The longer a person participates and remains in good standing, the more leeway they’re given. It’s a simple solution to an obvious potential problem.

1 Like

I’m like 99% sure I’ve met all these requirements unless the past 100 days time only started on November 15th when the new site launched. I think it was Nov 15th. I forget.

1 Like