list of halo in its roots and H4 not in roots

halo CE, halo 2, halo 3, odst and halo reach are in their roots but now i don’t understand halo 4 is out of its roots, is it because the soundtrack,sprint,the story,the weapons and vehicle sounds? i want to hear facts not opinions.

Halo 4:

• Loadouts (bye bye arena)
  • Armour abilities (were in Reach as well, Reach was also a horrid game)
  • Default Sprint (killed map flow)
  • Ordinance Drops (why?)
  • Kill cams (again, why?)
  • Bad launch maps (another problem that carried over from Reach)

Those are the main ones just off the top of my head, more people can add to that

• No ranking system
  • Lack of playlists at launch
  • Flinch
  • Perks
  • Hideous UI
  • Power Ranger armor
  • Score system
  • Instant spawn
  • Join in Progress
  • No Elites
  • X marker for ants

:stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t consider Reach to be a part of Halo either. Halo 1-3.

The Halo 4 story was great and I am really interested to see what happens in Halo Nightfall and Halo 5 Guardians but the gameplay was not quite as good as it should have been. It is not certain things I didn’t like about it, for some reason it just didn’t feel as good as Halo Reach and the games before it when it came down to the core gameplay.

> - No ranking system
> - Lack of playlists at launch
> - Flinch
> - Perks
> - Hideous UI
> - Power Ranger armor
> - Score system
> - Instant spawn
> - Join in Progress
> - No Elites
> - X marker for ants
>
> :stuck_out_tongue:

+1
Amen and Hallelujah!
I hope they will fix these in Halo 5.

Halo Reach and Halo 4 are part of the Halo story line and are good Halo games Deal With It

> Halo Reach and Halo 4 are part of the Halo story line and are <mark>good Halo games</mark> Deal With It

Aye, That they are.

They are just not up to par with the other Halo’s.

Truth be told, I don’t know why this Thread was made. Seems like the OP is begging for a flame war.

> Halo Reach and Halo 4 are part of the Halo story line and are good Halo games Deal With It

Halo 4 had a good campaign, and Reach had good forge and custom games. Apart from that, the two games fail to be good games, let alone good Halo games.

> Halo 4:
>
> - Loadouts (bye bye arena)
> - Armour abilities (were in Reach as well, Reach was also a horrid game)
> - Default Sprint (killed map flow)
> <mark>- Ordinance Drops (why?)</mark>
> - Kill cams (again, why?)
> - Bad launch maps (another problem that carried over from Reach)
>
> Those are the main ones just off the top of my head, more people can add to that

This.

to be fair, team slayer is usually an option as is rumble pro. But they never get voted for…maybe the people that actually play the game have different opinions on whats good?

If all the die hards wanted to play games of br slayer/team slayer they could do so easily by playing the game and by voting for their game type.

Loads of the oldschool just don’t play halo 4, so they cant complain…too much ;p

> - <mark>No ranking system</mark>
> - Lack of playlists at launch
> - Flinch
> - <mark>Perks</mark>
> - Hideous UI
> - Power Ranger armor
> - Score system
> - <mark>Instant spawn</mark>
> - Join in Progress
> - No Elites
> - X marker for ants
>
> :stuck_out_tongue:

This, this, and this.

> Halo 4:
>
> - <mark>Loadouts</mark> (bye bye arena)
> - <mark>Armour abilities</mark> (were in Reach as well, Reach was also a horrid game)
> - Default Sprint (killed map flow)
> - <mark>Ordinance Drops</mark> (why?)
> - <mark>Kill cams</mark> (again, why?)
> - Bad launch maps (another problem that carried over from Reach)
>
> Those are the main ones just off the top of my head, more people can add to that

Sorry, I’m old and don’t know how to multiquote.

All of this. If I wanted it, I’d play COD, not Halo.

Reach was not in Halo’s roots.

will just say this - the halo players posting here are a very very small minority of the community overall, and a valid sample opinion cannot be taken from them.

> will just say this - the halo players posting here are a very very small minority of the community overall, and a valid sample opinion cannot be taken from them.

I can say the same thing about the people still playing Halo 4.

> will just say this - the halo players posting here are a very very small minority of the community overall, and a valid sample opinion cannot be taken from them.

While it’s true that those on the forum are a minority of the community, the 300,000+ that left Halo 4 after a month are not.

I loved Halo 4, thoroughly enjoyed it. But I can’t deny that it certainly has many problems, problems that affect others a lot more than me, and problems that are related to the major drop off in population.

> I don’t consider Reach to be a part of Halo either. Halo 1-3.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Q-m2Ki63Q

yeah but thats your opinion.

I liked Halo 4’s campaign the best. I really liked the multiplayer too, but since tons of people left (including all my friends) it got more boring. I have played all the Halos and I have enjoyed all of them. Halo is Halo and I will probably never find one that I don’t like.

most of the people i know left for CoD, simply because it was the new game, and new is always better, then didn’t come back because why come back to an old game? The timing of the Halo 4 release v. COD was…problematic.

Halo lost the casual player by bad timing of release v. COD