List of Bugs,Glitches, and MM issue's pre beta fix

Alright everyone! First off please don’t make this a bash 343 thread please. This isn’t a thread for that. Mod’s if need be feel free to lock the thread if this seems to controversial. I decided to list the following bugs, glitches and MM issue’s so everyone can be aware of what to look for come beta time this Spring. Later on this month will be hearing what’s in store update and fix wise for the MCC. Here’s a link proving this.https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7hrjyk/you_think_343_could_at_least_split_the_game/. Let’s get to it then.

Achievements

• This is a big one look no further then the top thread in the MCC forums from the 343 Support Team. Many people have reported that when accomplishing or meeting the criteria for said achievement it doesn’t pop or unlock.
  • People have reported of certain achievement’s either completely resetting or moving back several hundred points. This mostly pertains to MP Achievements such as Aim for the Head, Headshots, etc…
  • Certain achievements in particular have known to be bugged where not all players get the achievement. Safety Not Guaranteed ( Complete an ODST LASO playlist) certainly comes to mind and is well known to not unlock for all participants. ( Have a friend that didn’t get it at all after doing it twice)
  • Playlist’s are known to have issue’s where progress will either reset completely or revert back several levels or even games( Master Chief Saga Playlist) for the latter despite the game or player saving and quitting.
  • The only way to get LASO Achievement’s is by selecting each game’s respective LASO Playlist. If you select the LASO playlist for all games you won’t get achievement’s for them.

Campaign
Halo CE

• Randomly or upon your first death in a level when using classic graphic’s the music will stay remastered when it should remain classic.
  • Losing connection pop’s up sometimes at the beginning of a level’s cutscene or randomly throughout the level at times when in co op despite the host and his or her partner both having excellent internet connection.

Halo 2 Classic

• Certain items or object’s seem to despawn at random on levels. Example of this is the last phantom on the level Regret when boarding the last lift to Regret. This makes the banshee’s and the other lift not spawn for the former and not move for the latter which causes you to restart the level.
  • People have reported instances of terrible lag or disconnect’s when in co op despite excellent internet connection. This came be with both people in classic graphic’s or one in anniversary graphics. This doesn’t matter if it’s the host or guest.

Halo 2 Anniversary

• Enemy and friendly AI can act randomly and stop firing on the enemy. Example is the Elite’s doing a Covenant Dance at the end of Quarantine Zone.
  • Elite’s will not dual wield in Halo 2A which makes legendary significantly easier.
  • Disconnect’s can be very high when loading a level solo or co-op

Halo 3

• There is a sharp increase in co op lag ( this can be with just 2 people or up to 4 people) where players can barely move. I know there was lag at times on the Xbox 360 but it is terrible now on the MCC.
  • For par score’s and time’s to unlock it is recommended you have to watch the cutscene of each level for it to unlock. ( This is for achievements)

Halo 3 ODST

• Same as above for Halo 3 in regards to co op lag. I know ODST was known for this on the Xbox 360 but it is more frequent on the Xbox One.

Halo 4

• Increase in co op lag as above for Halo 3 and ODST.
  • When finishing off the Didact at the end your prompted to press RT to fire your machine gun which doesn’t do anything and forces you to restart the QTE. You have to press the grenade button instead.

UI

• Major issue as of October 2017 people are having issues with signing in guests to join them in either campaign or MP. Always wondered what happened to guests all of a sudden in MP.

• When looking at your stats or changing your clan tag the game can freeze for some players forcing a restart of the whole game.

• Some stat’s are incorrect for example it shows I have 20 plus Unfriggenbelievables in Custom games when I don’t I only have 3 from Match Making.

• Game Chat will randomly stop in the middle of a multiplayer game or campaign level and won’t come back on until after said MP game or campaign level. This happens in custom games as well.

• Party chat’s randomly show connecting for some user’s only in the MCC. I’ve tested this with the same people in other games and there are no issue’s.

• People will randomly be booted from lobbie’s their in with friends campaign or MP without a message of saying connection lost.

• People in the Xbox Preview seem to have issue’s with the issue stated above a lot more. Two friends of mine are in this and it happens a lot to them unless their host.

• If you get a double or triple screen you have to quit out to the main menu in the MCC.( I’m talking with the blue background) if that doesn’t work you have to quit your build or you can’t play MP or Campaign.

• When your done playing MCC and your in your home screen you must press start on the MCC and select quit. If you don’t you may get a message next time on the MCC saying MP is not allowed do to your XBL settings forcing you to quit your MCC build and reboot.

• When searching in MP with one or more players all players must be searching for players if one person isn’t you won’t find anyone else. Which means no MM for you and your group and force’s the host to back out with the group and do another search.

• Above issue can cause one person or others to get a double or triple screen.

• If a person(s) doesn’t like the map that gets voted in MP and they dashboard before the voting time is over it searches for the missing players and changes the maps. Forcing people to play another amp they didn’t vote for. This can cause double or triple screen’s as well when someone dashboards.
    -When searching in a group the first time for the day or night it takes longer to find people versus the second, third game etc. even when switching to a different playlist or staying in the same playlist but playing different people.

• Multiplayer

• Cross game playlist’s have created a huge controversy. In particular this has caused a lot of Halo CE,2,2A and 4 players to not play this game as much or as in groups only. This is do to dashboards,quitters,betrayers etc.

• A fix for this would be a Titanfall 2 esque lobby where you select what games you want to play and you match up with the same or similar people based off that. This would bring the above players back with a bigger population overall.

• Other fix would be Halo 3 get’s its own TS and BTB unranked playlist and throw the other games in the other playlist for variety.

Halo CE-
-Host has to lead their shot slightly more compared to OG Xbox and PC version.

• http://www.halobugs.com/
  • Many people would like the feel of the OG Xbox Version( weapon registration etc.) with all the PC extra’s vehicles and maps. All of us CE players love the PC maps.
  • 4 VS 4 CE playlist needs to come back. It was the only way to play 4 VS 4 Objective in CE outside of Customs.
  • Game’s will randomly end even when no one quits randomly in MM. This is very rare only happened 3 times to me (Added 02/01/2018)
  • If your in the Xbox Home menu when a map loads you will be frozen in the game and even if a teammate or someone on the enemy team kills you. You will remain frozen forcing you to quit the game. This is in both MM and Custom games.( Added 02/01/2018)

Continued on next post.

Halo 2 Classic

• Weapons can be inconsistent at times with hit detection
  • Fall Damage though it won’t kill you.
  • Emblems
  • Can’t change teams in customs games mid match making Zombies impossible to do.
  • Spawn’s are not accurate especially on non CTF gametpes especially in BTB.
  • Occasional black screen’s in MP games where the screen will go black for a few seconds to 10 seconds and the game will be back on most of the time. Though there are instances of the match ending. ( Added 02/01/2018).

Halo 2 Anniversary

• When playing as a group some people will get booted out of the game during the match or when the map is loading-
  • Hit detection is based off Halo 4 instead of Halo 2. I know this one would be tough to do since the engine is designed off Halo 4.
    -Halo 2 Forge mode bugs (offline local play):1. Player always spawns at the same spawn point even when you’ve placed multiple respawn points on your map. Have not found any solution to this.( Added 02/01/2018)
  • Can’t “Save As” an existing map with a new name. The system never prompts for the new map name and instead saves a second copy with the same map name. There’s also no way to rename the second copy, so you’re stuck with multiple maps. ( Added 02/01/2018)

Halo 3

• Hit detection is terrible compared to the Xbox 360 version. You can see your bullets hit or the blood spurts and the person still won’t take any damage.
  • Halo 3 is the launch version on the MCC instead of the finalized patch version on the Xbox 360.
  • There is no team heavies in BTB.
  • Lack of emblems or customization to your character compared to the Xbox 360 Version.
  • If the host quit’s a game in MM the game will end or attempt to find a new host but can’t and then the game will end.(Added 02/01/2018).
  • Rare issue here but still an issue when a map finish’s loading the game will have terrible lag during the game all match. This makes the match unplayable and everyone is forced to quit out. (Added 02/01/2018).
    /
    Halo 4
  • Loadouts are missing in certain game types depending what playlist or playing.
  • If anyone has anything else to add for Halo 4 please add to this since I never played it on the Xbox 360.

Thank You for reading this long post. These are all the issues I’ve noticed in my 1800 hours of playing the MCC. Campaign, Multiplayer , Customs etc. My intent is to help my fellow Spartan’s by knowing what to look for come Spring when we squash the remaining bugs and issue’s out of this game. In the mean time live long, prosper and play Halo.

Note if you see anything I missed feel free to add it to help each other out come Spring.

Your H2A issue of it playing more like Halo 4 than Halo 2 is because H2A was made from a modified Halo 4 engine.

Also, Legacy stick users on Halo 4 can’t sprint and turn on MCC due to Xbox One controller deadzones I’m guessing. I can run and turn fine on 360 but on MCC barely turning will completely stop sprints. DEFAULT stick users don’t have this problem as they turn and run forward with different sticks.

The hit detection on Halo 3 is the WORST! That is the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy on MCC

> 2546678360738636;4:
> The hit detection on Halo 3 is the WORST! That is the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy on MCC

I got that covered in the Halo 3 section under MP.

> 2710872097142413;5:
> > 2546678360738636;4:
> > The hit detection on Halo 3 is the WORST! That is the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy on MCC
>
> I got that covered in the Halo 3 section under MP.

I know, just making a statement that I agree with that.

> 2546678360738636;6:
> > 2710872097142413;5:
> > > 2546678360738636;4:
> > > The hit detection on Halo 3 is the WORST! That is the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy on MCC
> >
> > I got that covered in the Halo 3 section under MP.
>
> I know, just making a statement that I agree with that.

That’s cool and all I’m just trying to limit posts on this to people adding other issues that’s I didn’t put in. If you have a new issue feel free to add it here and I’ll add it to its respective tab. I just realized I have to add a couple more and edit my first post.

> 2710872097142413;7:
> > 2546678360738636;6:
> > > 2710872097142413;5:
> > > > 2546678360738636;4:
> > > > The hit detection on Halo 3 is the WORST! That is the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy on MCC
> > >
> > > I got that covered in the Halo 3 section under MP.
> >
> > I know, just making a statement that I agree with that.
>
> That’s cool and all I’m just trying to limit posts on this to people adding other issues that’s iIdidn’t put it. If you have a new issue feel free to add it here and I’ll add it to its respective tab. I just realized I have to add a couple more and edit my first post.

Ill keep that in mind. Thanks!

Don’t forget they put anniversary sounds in halo 1 multiplayer instead of classic sounds… oh campaign too.

A generation of amazing sound design lost in the past…

Bug or not this needs a fix.

I have some!

Both Halo 4 and Halo 3 have the incorrect gamma settings. This basically means the game is brighter than the original, but really it makes it look like there’s a transparent white sheet over the entire screen. I rarely see people comment on this but it’s extremely noticeable for me. I have conclusive proof that this is a thing: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

As far as I’m aware Halo 2 and Halo CE are accurate in terms of gamma. However, Halo CE has many effects downgraded from the original Xbox release. This is because MCC CE is based off of the PC version of the game, which had to have some shaders modified or removed due differences in GPUs (that might be a little inaccurate) but here are some examples: https://halotupolev.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ceclassiccompare.png
I’ve also heard that players can actually hide in the teleporters because of how bright they are. As you might’ve noticed the teleporters in MCC are SUPER bright green, when in reality they were a very dark green colour in the original Xbox release. Again, this was an issue that happened in the PC version.
This can definitely be fixed, as players have released new .map files for CE PC which fix the inconsistencies between Xbox and PC.

As sniper945 said, Halo 1 multiplayer sounds are using the updated campaign sounds. Besides the fact that some people may prefer the originals, it actually does have a negative impact on the multiplayer: the sounds are significantly louder, which means you can hear what an opponent is doing when you originally wouldn’t be able to. Ideally, there would be an option, but I think considering that, the anniversary sounds should be entirely removed from MP (unless the volume can be fixed)

Halo 3 has some weird sound issue. I believe it is to do with stereo sound – some sounds should play in the right ear and some should play in the left – but I often hear the sounds being in completely wrong locations. Generally, the sound is just off. Most notable, compare the BR in MCC to the BR in H3 360 for some pretty weird differences.
I’ve also noticed this issue happen in BTB Standoff, when there’s a lot of players shooting from all over the map it sounds very unpleasant.

Here’s one last one that I’m not super confident about. The aiming in MCC, specifically H3, feels much “floatier” than the original. I have no idea why this is. My first guess would be it resulting from the doubled framerate. However, I have been unable to prove this, cause I don’t have the equipment to split one controller’s input into both MCC and H3 360 at the same time WHILE recording both screens. I think it would be good for 343 to test out though, as I’ve heard others complain about the same thing.

> 2533274847563380;9:
> Don’t forget they put anniversary sounds in halo 1 multiplayer instead of classic sounds… oh campaign too.
>
> A generation of amazing sound design lost in the past…
>
> Bug or not this needs a fix.

I agree. Why couldn’t they make it like h2a where the graphics, music, hud, and weapon sounds switch back to classic when pressing the back button?

Halo 2 Forge mode bugs (offline local play):

1. Player always spawns at the same spawn point even when you’ve placed multiple respawn points on your map. Have not found any solution to this. This is a huge regression from Halo 4.
  2. Can’t “Save As” an existing map with a new name. The system never prompts for the new map name and instead saves a second copy with the same map name. There’s also no way to rename the second copy, so you’re stuck with multiple maps with the same name. Have not found any solution to this. This is a huge regression from Halo 4.

How about the dedicated servers we were told would exist? Don’t know if that qualifies as an issue on this thread, but it defiantly would fix a lot of MM issues that pop up here and there.

Also, the UI is way to screwy. Screens become smashed together when looking at stats and service records, you click on customization for your Spartan and you just get a blank screen and have to restart your game, etc.

Added a couple more issue’s corresponding to each games MP on here. If I happened to miss anything feel free to add it as a reply and I’ll paste it to its corresponding tab.

Hello to everybody, D4vid 360 already tell me about it, but I think I don’t loose anything for sharing, did anyone had issues with the default reload button (RB) in any or all the campaigns (incluing ODST)?

Please lock this thread, thread is old and no longer needed.

> 2533274849488957;15:
> Hello to everybody, D4vid 360 already tell me about it, but I think I don’t loose anything for sharing, did anyone had issues with the default reload button (RB) in any or all the campaigns (incluing ODST)?

Please don’t revive old topics thanks

> 2710872097142413;16:
> Please lock this thread, thread is old and no longer needed.