Limited Edition?

Alright, this is the reason I have been holding off on my LE pre-order until now. I have heard some very discouraging things about it.

First thing being, the Forward Unto Dawn thing is just going to be Waypoint content? I thought we were recieving a disc with the entire thing on it!! That’s what I’ve heard, and seen up until yesterday. Any clarifacations on this? I’ll be pretty damn mad if this is the case.

Another thing, I was pretty sure we were recieving exclusive and limited armor! Than I figure out that my favorite armor in the game will be default?? Fakking really?!?! This makes me pretty mad, and I think you can see why.

The final thing is something that influences my purchase on this extremely. I was told we will recieve three map packs at release date and the Season Pass. Now I’m hearing we will just get them as they come out? Really 343i? I doubt this is true, but if it is, I will be furious.

And on a final note, as long as I have your attention, does anyone know if the Season Pass with LE will come with the exclusives you get for purchasing it on XBL, because I do want those. Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read this, and please answer if you can. Until next time, Waypoint community.

Brace for anger.

Maps will be free to all Limited edition Member’s while the other standard have to purchase the map packs.

Also FUD will be priced for member’s to buy just like any other movie/video on xbox marketplace.

As for LE member’s you unlock 5(6 in some countries) Specializations in the game.

(For Amazon LE Pre-Order’s Content)

Yeah the season pass comes with it, but it makes SO much more sense to just buy standard edition and buy the season pass separate. You get the exclusive helmets with the season pass btw.

Why would we get three map packs on release day?

I here a lot of things but i guess its all just here say.

Q1: FUD will be dlc.
Q2: We are getting the recruit armor( i like it ).
Q3: We will get the maps when the maps release for everybody, but since we bought the limited edition we got 15 or 20 percent off.
Q4: IDK

Everything you just said is true. Except for the Foward Unto Dawn thing. I don’t know the deets on that. But yes, the armor skin is for the Recruit armor set and you don’t get the map packs until they actually get released. Read the fine print, next time.

I hope you’re not planning to Pre Order through Game Stop… They are sold out of Limited Edition.

> Q1: FUD will be dlc.
> Q2: We are getting the recruit armor( i like it ).
> Q3: <mark>We will get the maps when the maps release for everybody, but since we bought the limited edition we got 15 or 20 percent off.</mark>
> Q4: IDK

We have access to the map packs as soon as they are released. We do not have to Purchase them, we just have to Download them.

> I hope you’re not planning to Pre Order through Game Stop… They are sold out of Limited Edition.

This. If you’ve been holding out on getting the LE then it’s too late, not even Microsoft’s website has it anymore.

Also, about the maps the LE purchasers will be receiving:

I THINK purchasers will be able to play on the first set of maps early. As for the other sets of maps, LE purchasers will have to wait when they release for everyone else.

Honestly though it really isn’t a big deal for me, Everyone’s going to be playing on the launch maps when the game releases so why would you want new content as soon as you’re already delving into something new anyway.

Microsoft and 343 announced the Limited Edition for Halo 4 on May 16, 2012. The Limited Edition costs $100 and includes get a special large box, the ability to unlock six multiplayer Specializations early, a 90-minute version of the live action film Halo 4:Forward Unto Dawn, and nine Maps that will be released after Halo 4, as well as some other bonus content.

War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the Halo 4 Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan IVs.
BONUS DIGITAL CONTENT THROUGH XBOX LIVE

Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armor
Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armor Skin
Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
“Prime” In-Game Emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armor
Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the Halo universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of Halo 4.
EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS

Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of
HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN

Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Recruit is NOT default -_- Warrior is. Bsangel confirmed it on Twitter. Now stop saying its default. If you want the source just go to Twitter.

> Recruit is NOT default -_- Warrior is. Bsangel confirmed it on Twitter. Now stop saying its default. If you want the source just go to Twitter.

But that’s wrong, (I think.)

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postsm1430493_Mad-that-343i-didn-t-correct-us.aspx#post1430493

From Amazon

> •War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
>
> •Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership that is sold separately).
>
> •Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
>
> •The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
>
> •The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, and an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity.

Now for your what you mentioned

1. On Twitter, 343I employees have said that it will be a streamed item. Whether that’s changed, I don’t know.
  2. As listed from Amazon, you get an armor skin. It’s been like that for some time.
  3. Three future map packs, which you’ll get when they are released for no addition charge. There was never any mention that any of them would be given to us on release date.
  4. No idea if we will be getting those with the LE of Halo 4

This post is probably a bit late, but I’ve been doing this inbetween Grifball games :stuck_out_tongue:

How hard is it to understand what’s included in the LE?

The FUD video’s will more than likely be downloaded much like how you download Batman: Year One when you buy Arkham City GOTY ( You will get a code that you redeem on the Zune marketplace). Or perhaps you will even get your videos on a disc included with the LE. Either way, you will be getting your FUD videos and you will be able to watch them as you please.

The unique armor will be the Recruit armor which may be made available to everyone at a later date, but for the time being only LE owners can have it.

You will get a skin for your spartan and weapon, also exclusive to LE owners (for now).

You will get an emblem and some avatar props (also LE exclusive).

And your comment about the War Games map pack makes no sense. Why would they release 3 map packs on launch? That makes no sense. It says right in the description that they are “future” map packs. Think of the War Games pass that’s included with the LE like Gears 3 season pass. You are paying for all the MP DLC upfront at a discounted price. As soon as it becomes available you can download it for free (if you bought LE).

LE is a good deal as far as I am concerned. All the extra goodies would cost you WAY more if you were to buy them seperately.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/halo-4-limited-edition/102028

For any other concerns just check out this link^ On the bottom of the page it explains everything you are purchasing with the LE.

> > I hope you’re not planning to Pre Order through Game Stop… They are sold out of Limited Edition.
>
>
> This. If you’ve been holding out on getting the LE then it’s too late, not even Microsoft’s website has it anymore.
>
> Also, about the maps the LE purchasers will be receiving:
>
> I THINK purchasers will be able to play on the first set of maps early. As for the other sets of maps, LE purchasers will have to wait when they release for everyone else.
>
> Honestly though it really isn’t a big deal for me, Everyone’s going to be playing on the launch maps when the game releases so why would you want new content as soon as you’re already delving into something new anyway.

Some places still have some LE’s I believe. My friend pre ordered his and my copy of the LE yesterday at Best Buy, so maybe try going there. Although I haven’t actually confirmed that he was successful in pre ordering them…He probably would have told me if he wasn’t able to get them though…hopefully.

I cancelled my LE today, after bs angel confirmed that le comes with just a recruit skin. That ticked me off and the fact that the FUD is just waypoint streaming content, not anything physical or even downloadable.

Looks like the its the standard edition for me.