Limited edition preorder

I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Halo 4 LE is no longer available to preorder from GameStop in the US. I can’t speak for other stores so there is a chance you can still get yourselves the LE, but I’d do so ASAP.

Also my boss attended the GameStop managers conference and he said that the Microsoft rep hinted that the Halo 4 DLC may cost more then 800 MS points (10 bucks). Obviously this isn’t confirmed, but I would reserve the LE just in case the DLC is more expensive this time around.

Awwww that’s a huge bummer for me considering I was planning on reserving that this week. I already have the regular edition preordered. Any recommendations? I just want to assure myself I can get the game at midnight.

> I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Halo 4 LE is no longer available to preorder from GameStop in the US. I can’t speak for other stores so there is a chance you can still get yourselves the LE, but I’d do so ASAP.
>
> Also my boss attended the GameStop managers conference and he said that the Microsoft rep hinted that the Halo 4 DLC may cost more then 800 MS points (10 bucks). Obviously this isn’t confirmed, but I would reserve the LE just in case the DLC is more expensive this time around.

Well this is interesting… even if the DLC costs more than 800 MS points, im fine cause I already preordered the LE :slight_smile:

> Awwww that’s a huge bummer for me considering I was planning on reserving that this week. I already have the regular edition preordered. Any recommendations? I just want to assure myself I can get the game at midnight.

Try calling your Gamestop first. Each store usually has a set number they have to pre-order, so it’s possible his GS just filled up faster.

Edit: Looked on Gamestop’s site, and it says “Not Available”. So people just may be out of luck if they haven’t pre-ordered it yet. People should have done that weeks/months ago. It seems as if over the past couple of years Gamestop has offered only a limited amount of pre-orders for special editions, likely because they would be stuck with multiple leftovers sitting on their shelves taking up space months to years after the game came out. I saw H3 legendary editions there for at least a couple years. Plus, I believe 343 or somebody said that they would be more limited than in the past, so that should have been your first clue to go pre-order it.

I’d still call your GS and make sure though.

Yeah I just tried calling. Last day was either yesterday or the day before. Looks like I’m out of luck unless I try Walmart? But I think I’m just gonna settle for the standard edition. I didn’t really care much other than the future dlc anyways.

Luckily I preordered at gamestop a few weeks ago and have it payed off, I asked them if they get a set number of limited editions in each store and they said that they take how ever many they get until they get an email saying nobody can no longer preorder it. It was just the store I went to and that may not be the case for every store I dunno.

Good thing I pre-ordered the LE two weeks ago.

noo omg i hope amazon endures till october 6

I bet they will open preorders for the limited edition for a few days at least when it gets closer to release date.

Are you serious? I was gonna pre-order from Gamestop since it’s one of the very few places I can get in near me, but I needed to wait until I was absolutely sure I would be able to afford the Limited Edition. Now there’s no chance of that happening! It’s still two months until the game comes out, so why stop taking pre-order?! This really makes me mad!

Try other stores. If you live in an area where BestBuy isn’t readily available, settle for ordering online, it may not be a midnight launch, but it’ll be day 1.

It’s called the Limited Edition for a reason.

Thank god for mid June Bestbuy pre order.

Still, there’s a couple more months before release. GameStop did say they were still taking regular edition preorders as to no surprise. Does anyone know of best buy will be doing a midnight launch?

> > I’m not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Halo 4 LE is no longer available to preorder from GameStop in the US. I can’t speak for other stores so there is a chance you can still get yourselves the LE, but I’d do so ASAP.
> >
> > Also my boss attended the GameStop managers conference and he said that the Microsoft rep hinted that the Halo 4 DLC may cost more then 800 MS points (10 bucks). Obviously this isn’t confirmed, but I would reserve the LE just in case the DLC is more expensive this time around.
>
> Well this is interesting… even if the DLC costs more than 800 MS points, im fine cause I already preordered the LE :slight_smile:

I know. I’m glad I got it in time. I guess BS angel was serious when she said that it would be more limited this year than it has been previously.

Personally, this is good news.

I’m glad it’s ACTUALLY limited this time around

Good thing I pre-ordered last week on mah birthday! =D

[deleted]

It’s been confirmed (but I don’t know where) that the DLC is 800 ms.

> It’s been confirmed (but I don’t know where) that the DLC is 800 ms.

It’s not going to be any less, that’s for sure. It’s always been 800 points ($10) for 3 maps. So i’m sure by getting the season pass you will be saving yourself 400 points ($5) at least. That’s why the season passes are sold to begin with, you save some money but they ensure you get them all. So it’s a guaranteed sell for them, and you save a little money. Win/Win

The season pass will likely be able to be bought on the marketplace anyways, so that shouldn’t be the disappointing factor about not getting the LE. The other stuff that coems with it is what you will miss out on.