Limited Edition and Forward Unto Dawn

The original post was from the latest Bulletin thread. However I feel it’s yet to be addressed. Hence I’m making a thread out of it here (as I feel this merits some proper discussion):

> If Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn IS NOT on DVD with the Limited Edition, that will be incredibly disappointing and misleading!
>
> Digital content like this is worthless, because sooner or later, it will inevitably become unavailable. That’s the bitter truth. Personal DVDs on the other hand… I’ll have my Halo 2 Bonus Disc and Halo 3 Essentials forever.
>
> Halo 4’s Limited Edition sounded like the deal of the decade when it was announced. Now I fear it was simply too good to be true. Please tell me that I’ve made a misunderstanding and that there will be a DVD in the Limited Edition.
>
> Otherwise I might as well cancel my pre-order… exclusive items can be unlocked later. DLC can be bought later. Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn could be owned (for real) later.
>
> What’s left that would appeal in the Limited Edition, an in-universe-written introduction to the Infinity? That’s pretty cool, but hardly worth the extra expense.
>
>
> I’m sure I’m not alone thinking this.

What are your thoughts on this?

I’m going to keep my LE preorder as long as there are exclusives that will remain as such, but I’m deeply saddened that there is no disc of FUD included.

The LE content is looking rather weak, so far, everyone says they can get it later on( FUD on youtube, skins as dlc, and the extra content put on the market place.) It takes the fun out of spending 100 bucks.

Digital Content is a bonus for me. I switched from Apple to Zune 6 years ago, before Halo 3 was launched. I got the Halo 3 Zune (now retired, but working, so I could upgrade to the Zune HD), and it was a bonus to download music and movies to my zune, pc, and xbox with one single purchase. I have Halo Legends on all three but also have the special edition blu ray copy. Hands down, I prefer a hard copy over digital content.

> The LE content is looking rather weak, so far, everyone says they can get it later on( FUD on youtube, skins as dlc, and the extra content put on the market place.) It takes the fun out of spending 100 bucks.

I’m still getting the LE, but since they said they will release the content at a later date for a price, I prefer they lower the price of the LE, make it $10 more than the standard. Right now, it just diminishes the value of the LE.

Where is people hearing its not included with the limited edition?

EDIT - Oh i get it, you mean you want a physical copy of the DVD and not just a digital download of the series.

> Where is people hearing its not included with the limited edition?

It is included. LE owners get a code to watch FUD privately on Waypoint, then I’m pretty sure after release, 343 is selling FUD as discs. So people that didn’t get the LE will eventually get FUD on a disc, while the people that did get the LE, get some silly online pass to watch it.

> Where is people hearing its not included with the limited edition?

Halo BulletinLook it up yourself next time bro. Can’t do all the work for you. It’s a digital copy that comes with LE, not a hard, physical copy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they also talked about it at SDCC.

Meh. It’s a movie. If it gets on DVD, someone will still upload it to youtube.

@ Chark19
The skins associated with the editions, they’ll still be exclusive. They’re talking about the ones you get for pre-ordering at particular retailers(ON the reciept, not in the box).

Well the pass to watch Forward Unto Dawn seems pretty stupid they could at least give a code to download it from Zune or something, hell, that might even promote more people to use Zune.
I sure don’t want to stream it from Waypoint :frowning:

honestly, I just like the metal case…

like the Halo 2 LE …

> honestly, I just like the metal case…
>
> like the Halo 2 LE …

I still have that case :smiley: A bit rusted but still ok.

> The LE content is looking rather weak, so far, everyone says they can get it later on( FUD on youtube, skins as dlc, and the extra content put on the market place.) It takes the fun out of spending 100 bucks.

In the same bulletin it claims that they want each edition to hold their exclusives. The digital content like skins and avatar material as later DLC was most likely referring to the preorder exclusives.

This is the same BS like Reach’s legendary commentary. I hoped it was a bonus disk but no, go air it from Waypoint. My -Yoink-.

I’m exremely dissatisfied, and theres no hope of getting it on DVD with the LE, because Franky said that FuD will still be in production when they start the games production…

But he said dont worry because we’ll be able to buy the DVD or Blu-ray edition later… thats ridiculous! Why would I buy something I’ve already payed for???

Wait so the forward unto dawn thing is just a code to watch online? AND on waypoint? Not even a download so I can watch it/show it to a friend where I might not have consistent wifi connection?

> Meh. It’s a movie. If it gets on DVD, someone will still upload it to youtube.

You’re missing the point, whilst encouraging people to ruin an industry. Not cool bro.

The issue is; what value is left with the Limited Edition after this latest pitfall?

> > Meh. It’s a movie. If it gets on DVD, someone will still upload it to youtube.
>
> You’re missing the point, whilst encouraging people to ruin an industry. Not cool bro.
>
> The issue is; what value is left with the Limited Edition after this latest pitfall?

I guess you’re getting 9 maps? They’ll probably charge $30 for them later. Don’t know what else is in the limited edition that could be worth the remaining $10.

I too am unhappy about this. You pay
60 for game
30 for season pass, basically
10 for what? A pass to watch FUD on Waypoint, metal case, and manual for Infinity.

I guess it still equals out, but I’d really like a dvd. Still got my Halo 2 bonus dvd and all. Guess I’ll have to pay more money to get something I already have.