LightRifle

What do you guys think of the LightRifle? I’m really liking it, it’s my main lately. It takes some getting used to, but it’s a beast once you do. It happens often where someone gets a couple shots on me and I just zoom in and kill them real quick. If you can land your shots, it’s amazing. It’s harder to get a headshot than the other rifles, but it only kills in two shots to the body once they are one shot anyways. Another thing I like to do is zoom in and shoot them twice and if I need to, I can unscope and finish them off with another two shots.

I’m not a fan of it, I just started using it a few days ago, Got fed up with the slowish rate of fire

I think the DMR spoiled me

So for now Im using the Carbine

Ill come back to the Lightrifle when I max out the Carbine

The rate of fire on it makes me happy

It’s a real turn off because of its rate of fire. It’s only good (IMO) in long range because of its 4sk. Other than that it gets destroyed in mid or cqc.

I have been using it in my BTB LO only.

I started to really like the light rifle when I unlocked stability. Now I feel like no one can even touch me. It’s unbelievable how useful that armor mod is with the light rifle scoped in.

I love the gun, the mix of the Reach and Halo 3 champs, it works pretty awesome for me.

If you guys are complaining about the rate of fire, you aren’t using it right at all. It only kills SLIGHTLY slower than the others, at 1.8 seconds. That’s only .2 seconds slower. It more than makes up for that scoped in, which is how you should mostly be using it. Treat it like a sniper. Always try to scope in, unless you are unable and have to no scope.

> I started to really like the light rifle when I unlocked stability. Now I feel like no one can even touch me. It’s unbelievable how useful that armor mod is with the light rifle scoped in.

Orly? I shall try that when I hit 120

Try Stability, Active Camo, and Ammo with it on big team. It runs out of ammo fast.

It is my favorite weapon, I use it a lot. Luckily for me, I was able to use it the instant I got halo 4, so I am doing pretty well with it. If you can use it right, it can be the best gun in your arsenal.

Underused by myself at the moment. I don’t get to play enough to maintain the precision to use it to its potential.

I didn’t at first but then something just clicked and I am now head over heels in love with the thing. Easily my favorite headshot weapon of the series(sans pistol which has its own category).

It has great synergy with pulse grenades(which are heavily underrated) as it takes little damage from a pulse greande to make someone vulnerable to a OHK with a burst shot. I love running Lightrifle with grenadier two pulse grenades.

Not to mention it is far more difficult and rewarding to use compared to the DMR while the Carbine is just barely outside of the rang of being great. Not a big fan of the BR(for practical reasons) simply because it it lacks any of the advantages of the LR sans burst bleedthrough.