Lightrifle reticle...

Does anyone else find the reticle configuration extremely annoying?

I’ve been grinding out the LR in BTB and normal slayer for a few weeks now, and I’m finding that I have a difficult time tracking the reticle while concentrating on my target… I feel like it gets lost in the silhouette of my target easier then does any of the other scoped weapon reticles. It’s almost like my eye just wants to slide right of the thing - especially when I’m moving laterally while shooting (strafing)

The scoped reticle seems to be better then unscoped, but it’s still greasy …

I don’t think it’s the weapons tuning either (the magnetism seems to be the same from before as it is after).

I dunno - maybe I’m the only one - but even so it’s making me feel like a noob when I play with it.

I really enjoy the light rifle and never had a problem using it. After playing through campaign I was really comfortable with it and it carried over to multiplayer.

Since the update it does feel a little different to me, but I am getting use to it again.

It feels slippery or something. Human weapons seem much more connective with the enemy than the light rifle.

Same here.

As mentioned above, that thing behaves weird, DMR is much more consistent. LR’s scope defintely factors into this, the reticle’s color is too bright. But even so, aiming feels also… inconsistent.

Wouldn’t have been a problem in the past days, but now that the LR outshines the DMR, you have to deal with that weirdness.

What helps me is aiming high, very high. Forehead or even above it. Usually you can see the reticle a bit clearer and it also registers headshots better.

I get the same feeling too when using the Light Rifle. I have a hard time explaining it, but it just feels odd no matter how much I use it.

I can’t use the thing at all, it doesn’t feel “right.”

> <mark>Same here.</mark>
> <mark>What helps me is aiming high, very high. Forehead or even above it. Usually you can see the reticle a bit clearer and it also registers headshots better.</mark>

I’ve noticed this and agree with over shooting the headshot!

What just occurred to me last night after I finished this post was that the effect of the light vapour trail animation (after each shot is fired) might also be acting to draw my eye away from the reticle. So I start leading targets differently this morning and it instantly started to help - I’m trying to lead the shot much less when moving from left to right then I do from right to left - this seems to be compensating for that light vapour trail (which is coming from the right side of the screen) pulling my eye away from the reticle.

Now I’m almost sure that the light vapour animation after each shot fired was making me over-lead my target especially as they move from left to right across my field of view …

All reticles need to be a different color, or just plain darkened. I often lose it, no matter what gun/vehicle I’m using, because a light blue reticle against a light blue sky/background shooting at a light blue target, is really just stupid.

also fairly certain that the scoped LR has a little less magnetism/AA than the other rifles so it could be a case of having to get used to aiming it. the reticule itself is not an issue to me but hey whatever

> All reticles need to be a different color, or just plain darkened. I often lose it, no matter what gun/vehicle I’m using, because a light blue reticle against a light blue sky/background shooting at a light blue target, is really just stupid.

It should automatically adjust.

They’ve implemented real time shadows in map environments. They’ve made Forge objects blend in. I don’t see why they can’t make the HUD turn light in dark areas and turn dark in light areas.

The light rifle has about the same magnetism at range as the other precision weapons with the recent update. One of the main differences you are noticing is the light rifle isn’t hit scan like the BR and DMR.

Uh lol no. the light rifle IS HITSCAN and once again at range the DMR is far more forgiving than the LR. i love destroying DMR nubs with the LR

It’s supposed to be hard to use.

> Uh lol no. the light rifle IS HITSCAN and once again at range the DMR is far more forgiving than the LR. i love destroying DMR nubs with the LR

I believe you are mistaken. 343 said during development that the light rifle wasn’t hit scan. Granted, I don’t use it at all.

> > Uh lol no. the light rifle IS HITSCAN and once again at range the DMR is far more forgiving than the LR. i love destroying DMR nubs with the LR
>
> I believe you are mistaken. 343 said during development that the light rifle wasn’t hit scan. Granted, I don’t use it at all.

All the precision weapons use hit scan.

> Does anyone else find the reticle configuration extremely annoying?
>
> I’ve been grinding out the LR in BTB and normal slayer for a few weeks now, and I’m finding that I have a difficult time tracking the reticle while concentrating on my target… I feel like it gets lost in the silhouette of my target easier then does any of the other scoped weapon reticles. It’s almost like my eye just wants to slide right of the thing - especially when I’m moving laterally while shooting (strafing)
>
> The scoped reticle seems to be better then unscoped, but it’s still greasy …
>
> I don’t think it’s the weapons tuning either (the magnetism seems to be the same from before as it is after).
>
> I dunno - maybe I’m the only one - but even so it’s making me feel like a noob when I play with it.

You are not the only one.
I can not stand the light rifle reticle nether.
I just went back to using the DMR for long distance again with my trusty BR in my back pocket.

It is supossed to be hard. It would be so OP if it had the reticle or a similar one to the DMR.

I see the Light Rifle’s power I just don’t feel it. Slippery is a very good way to describe it. It’s not just stats that make a weapon, all of the design that goes into it does. It’s not the reticle that throws it off for me more as though it doesn’t give me that satisfying feeling of a shot leaving the barrel as the DMR, BR and Carbine do. Slippery.

> > Uh lol no. the light rifle IS HITSCAN and once again at range the DMR is far more forgiving than the LR. i love destroying DMR nubs with the LR
>
> I believe you are mistaken. 343 said during development that the light rifle wasn’t hit scan. Granted, I don’t use it at all.

The weapon itself is hitscan. The projectile trail you see after is misleading, as the trail itself isn’t hitscan.

>

The LightRifle is a long-range semi-auto precision rifle. It features a 3x zoom, hitscan projectiles that do headshots, but, most importantly, it features two firing modes.

It’s hitscan.