Lightrifle needs a big NERF.

This weapon in my opinion needs a big NERF in Halo 5, it does way too much damage way too fast. It is essentially a three shot weapon, and while I know there are one shot weapons and such out there as well the light rifle does way more damage in Halo 5 than it did in Halo 4. In Halo 4 is was effective but only in a certain way or two. In Halo 5 this weapon is so overpowered it is insane to fight it at range and considering it can be almost spam fired which makes it really, really annoying. I am confused though as to why the ammo capacity for it was dropped from 72 to 36 however.

Imo it needs a buff. Ive been trying to work on the commendation for it. They need to rename it the assist rifle.

It’s not a Loadout weapon anymore, so it’s been given Power Weapon status, on the level of say the Needler, where if you know how to use it, you can wreck. I personally am mediocre with the Light Rifle, but I’ve seen Exterminations with well placed grenades and Lightrifle headshots

The only weapon that needs a nerf is the Gravity Hammer. Its lunge is way too much.

its only a 3SK while scoped in… plus the rate of fire is slower. it is balanced as is

You guys must have good luck when facing people on maps with light rifles then. Cuz literally every map I play on in Arena (except breakout maps) there is always someone with a lightrifle which somehow two shots me or threeshots me from full sheilds to 1 shot or DED.

> 2533274969008999;3:
> It’s not a Loadout weapon anymore, so it’s been given Power Weapon status, on the level of say the Needler, where if you know how to use it, you can wreck. I personally am mediocre with the Light Rifle, but I’ve seen Exterminations with well placed grenades and Lightrifle headshots

A lightrifle is dangerous in the right hands

I like the lightrifle…in campaign, and only in campaign, I mean I’ll use it in multiplayer but only if absolutely necessary such as I need a longer ranged weapon or out of ammo for both weapons or if like say social fiesta I get screwed over and get stuck with the lightrifle and say a plasma pistol. But still I would prefer to use in campaign than matchmaking.

The LR has roughly the same TTK when scoped and unscoped due to the decreased ROF when scoped. It’s fine, but could possibly use a buff.

They should make BR variant of the lightrifle!

I thinks it well balanced the nerd topic should lay to rest IMO

> 2533274825461050;9:
> The LR has roughly the same TTK when scoped and unscoped due to the decreased ROF when scoped. It’s fine, but could possibly use a buff.

All the guns are balanced, they take near enough the same amount of TTK than other precision weapons that are loadout or are power weapons eg BR, DMR, Magnum, and the Carbine (Power weapon)

The best thing 343 did with halo 5 is the weapons. They’re all perfect the way they are and are extremely balanced with abilities and grenades and other weapons. I would even go as far as saying halo 5 success is from the weapon balance and purpose. Every weapon and I mean every one of them is useful in scenarios. My personal favorite is the slump busting boltshot. Can’t hit the side of a barn? Had a few adult beverages? Pick up the drunk cannon.

> 2535429397836941;6:
> You guys must have good luck when facing people on maps with light rifles then. Cuz literally every map I play on in Arena (except breakout maps) there is always someone with a lightrifle which somehow two shots me or threeshots me from full sheilds to 1 shot or DED.

well that would be due to them being scoped in is what it sounds like which is a 3SK

the rate of fire is slow enough for you to find cover though.

if it is so OP why not use it yourself if you feel that way?

I don’t like using it myself personally. It just doesn’t feel right. And every time I have tried to use it. Guess what, I get shot in the back, shot in the head, assassinated, etc. And almost every time the kill is stolen by a teammate anyways…So yeah…

And in all honesty on one small topic I never thought that there would be this many replies or people contributing it.

The Light Rifle is okay in Arena but almost no one uses it in Warzone since people can live with having a BR until they get the DMR or the Halo 2 BR. Personally I think they should drop down the REQ level to 3 so it doesn’t compete with H2BR at REQ lvl 4. But yea I totally agree in calling it the assist rifle lol

Its not a load out weapon anymore so its now considered a “power weapon” so it being more powerful with less ammo makes sense.