Lighting CTF.... interesting... what!?!

So, I was reading the recent Halo Bulletin and when I got to the Ligthing CTF gametype description, at the end it reads: “Also, the Flag carrier keeps the LightRifle out when running the Flag!”

Wasn’t the Magnum allowed only?
Or am I wrong?

I mean… what?!?

It’s the Action Sack, there are no boundaries.

Apparently 343 is able to modify the weapon used when carrying the flag through gametype scripting.

It’s things like this that gave us all the whacky Action Sack gametypes in Reach.

> It’s the Action Sack, <mark>there are no boundaries.</mark>

This mentality should be applied to customs more.

I wonder if you’re going to hold the flag or carry it on your back since you cant really reload with 1 hand for the lightrifle…

If they’re able to do that, it gives me hope for Infection with weapons.

> I wonder if you’re going to hold the flag or carry it on your back since you cant really reload with 1 hand for the lightrifle…

It takes 2 hands to reload the Flagnum. Why would it change?

> Apparently 343 is able to modify the weapon used when carrying the flag through gametype scripting.
>
> It’s things like this that gave us all the whacky Action Sack gametypes in Reach.

And this is why I’m so glad action sack is coming back.

> I wonder if you’re going to hold the flag or carry it on your back since you cant really reload with 1 hand for the lightrifle…

MM Systems Team says the flag will be carried on your back.

Makes sense. The Flagnum is technically its own gun with a special set of animations. They don’t have “flag” versions of other guns, so they’d have to move the flag to your back.

> > I wonder if you’re going to hold the flag or carry it on your back since you cant really reload with 1 hand for the lightrifle…
>
> MM Systems Team says the flag will be carried on your back.
>
> Makes sense. The Flagnum is technically its own gun with a special set of animations. They don’t have “flag” versions of other guns, so they’d have to move the flag to your back.

This. If you need proof, I asked 12 hours ago in my thread here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst194108_How-Will-Lightning-CTF-Work.aspx

343 Matchmaking Team specifically replied to it themselves regarding that. It’s going to be how Speedflag played in Halo: Reach.

> > I wonder if you’re going to hold the flag or carry it on your back since you cant really reload with 1 hand for the lightrifle…
>
> It takes 2 hands to reload the Flagnum. Why would it change?

LMAO Flagnum. nice one.

If they can do that, then surely they can update custom games with a classic CTF variant.

By that I mean being able to drop the flag and no flagnum.