Light Rifle Tips?

Hey so I’ve been trying to master the light rifle.

I’ve been using the one scoped shot and three unscoped shots technique(yes 4 shot kill) in closer quarters but I’m having a hard time landing the unscoped shots.

I usually aim at the body for the first three shots.

If anyone’s got any tips any help would be appreciated.

The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.

May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.

I’ve been using it for a little while now probably about 4 weeks and you can(I’ve done it multiple times) get 4 shot kills with one scoped shot and three uncsoped.

I think you have to have a majority of your burst shots hit tho with the final burst being headshots.

Also it’s hard landing unscoped shots at mid range i’ve found especially getting all three shots to land on the head. not nearly as easy as the BR

In addition i changed my controller layout to fishstick to make it easier to scope in and out as the zoom becomes the L trigger instead of the stick. (Pushing in always threw my accuracy off a little.)

It’s been a pain in the -Yoink- tho but it’s starting to pay off

Practice.

Some people learn faster, some slower, stick with it until you feel comfortable.

The biggest changes coming from other guns are : pacing, reticule, switching between (un)scoped.

If you’re just using it to master the commendation, there’s gonna be a playlist in the new action sack with one shot kill Lightrifle on CTF. Correct me if I’m wrong. But that would be a really easy way to level it up fast.
Otherwise I don’t have many tips other than use stability, and use this weapon scoped. Otherwise it’s not that strong.

> I’ve been using it for a little while now probably about 4 weeks and you can(I’ve done it multiple times) get 4 shot kills with one scoped shot and three uncsoped.
>
> I think you have to have a majority of your burst shots hit tho with the final burst being headshots.
>
> Also it’s hard landing unscoped shots at mid range i’ve found especially getting all three shots to land on the head. not nearly as easy as the BR
>
> In addition i changed my controller layout to fishstick to make it easier to scope in and out as the zoom becomes the L trigger instead of the stick. (Pushing in always threw my accuracy off a little.)
>
> It’s been a pain in the -Yoink!- tho but it’s starting to pay off

The LR is more difficult than the BR because the BR has spread that can help you out if you are a little off. The LR lacks spread, so it is all based on player error if you miss.

You’ll get used to it soon, I’ve recently started using it and getting used to how it functions.

Tell me, are you using this technique?

Hold down the aiming stick, fire, then release the aiming stick to instantly unscope?

If you are you’ve learned step one. Step two is getting your crosshair on the enemy before doing so.

After that, just get two bodyshots and a headshot.

If you are having difficulty hitting them, you are probably using the trick at a range where just staying scoped in would be more beneficial.

Once you get used to it though, you can wipe the floor with BR users.

Just a lot of practice, since the weapon is pretty bad, also practice strafing and dodging.

> > I’ve been using it for a little while now probably about 4 weeks and you can(I’ve done it multiple times) get 4 shot kills with one scoped shot and three uncsoped.
> >
> > I think you have to have a majority of your burst shots hit tho with the final burst being headshots.
> >
> > Also it’s hard landing unscoped shots at mid range i’ve found especially getting all three shots to land on the head. not nearly as easy as the BR
> >
> > In addition i changed my controller layout to fishstick to make it easier to scope in and out as the zoom becomes the L trigger instead of the stick. (Pushing in always threw my accuracy off a little.)
> >
> > It’s been a pain in the -Yoink!- tho but it’s starting to pay off
>
> The LR is more difficult than the BR because the BR has spread that can help you out if you are a little off. The LR lacks spread, so it is all based on player error if you miss.
>
> You’ll get used to it soon, I’ve recently started using it and getting used to how it functions.

Thanks, I was wondering if it had bloom.

The good thing tho is that it isn’t even a contest at long range. The 5 shot body shot kill kicks so much -Yoink-.

And to the other person, I’m not really trying for the commendation I’m just trying to replace my dmr with it so I can feel leet! AAHHHH! Also cause it’s different

> The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
> The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.
>
> May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.

What delay?
The Light rifle has hit scan.
All shots will hit if the reticule is on point (on the head)
It is the easiest weapon to aim with, all you need to do is get used to the aim assist by using it more often in matchmaking or spartan ops.

> > The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
> > The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.
> >
> > May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.
>
> What delay?
> The Light rifle has hit scan.
>
> It is the easiest weapon to aim with, all you need to do is get used to the aim assist by using it more often in matchmaking or spartan ops.

Delay as how fast the bullets fire per-shot.

> > The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
> > The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.
> >
> > May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.
>
> What delay?
> The Light rifle has hit scan.
> All shots will hit if the reticule is on point (on the head)
> It is the easiest weapon to aim with, all you need to do is get used to the aim assist by using it more often in matchmaking or spartan ops.

Mind elaborating on hitscan?

> Just a lot of practice, since the weapon is pretty bad, also practice strafing and dodging.

Bad? The weapon is easily tied with the DMR as best precision weapon. It just has a skill gap.

Couldn’t just say fire rate or rate of fire?
Besides no matter what, if you get the first shot in, then your guaranteed the kill.
(If you have the very little practiced accuracy)

> > > The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
> > > The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.
> > >
> > > May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.
> >
> > What delay?
> > The Light rifle has hit scan.
> > All shots will hit if the reticule is on point (on the head)
> > It is the easiest weapon to aim with, all you need to do is get used to the aim assist by using it more often in matchmaking or spartan ops.
>
> Mind elaborating on hitscan?

Hitscan means that the instant you pull the trigger, a signal is sent to the host box deciding if you hit or not. There is no shot lead or bullet travel.

However the LR is not hitscan, it is a projectile with infinite bullet velocity. This means there will be no shot lead, but the client box needs to send a signal to the host, then the host needs to relay that signal back to the client to determine if a shot hit or not.

On the surface, they are very similar.

> > > The fourth shot bleeds through, so the enemy will still have shields, and you won’t get the 4 shot kill if you wait for shields to pop.
> > > The LR is also more difficult to stay on target compared to other weapons due to the delay between shots between bursts.
> > >
> > > May I ask how long you have been using the weapon for? It really has a steep learning curve compared to every other weapon.
> >
> > What delay?
> > The Light rifle has hit scan.
> > All shots will hit if the reticule is on point (on the head)
> > It is the easiest weapon to aim with, all you need to do is get used to the aim assist by using it more often in matchmaking or spartan ops.
>
> Mind elaborating on hitscan?

It’s the same as the DMR
If you have the reticule on the target then the bullet fired will automatically hit when the trigger is pulled. (instant)
Whereas the carbine (i think) and the BR does not. (leading the shot)

I mean bad in small maps where you can’t camp and shoot bud, it’s a six shot kill terrible.

> I mean bad in small maps where you can’t camp and shoot bud, it’s a six shot kill terrible.

It’s a 4SK scoped, 5SK unscoped. If it is ever a 6 shot, you’re missing.

I find that using a higher sensitivity, ex: 8-9 makes it easier for me personally, to aim the light rifle and get kills with it. Anything lower makes it feel sluggish.

If you want to really get it legit, just keep practicing. You’ll eventually get it. If you want it the easy way, just wait until Action Sack comes out and play a lot of Lightning CTF. LightRifles only, and it’s a one shot kill.