Light Rifle, Cool yet stupid at the same time

I have heard that the Light Rifle will have a 3 round burst out of zoom and a more powerful single shot in zoom. For One thing, This makes no sense at all. Why would a weapon be able to fire more powerful single shots even have a three round burst. I understand the reasoning behind the weapon, because it adapts to the operator. This just seems like a bad idea. The Light Rifle looks cool, theres no doubt about that, but why have it function this way. It just seems like an absolutely stupid idea.

This is just my opinion though. Discuss.

Burst = fractionated beam = less power to individual beams, single shot = non-fractionated beam = more power.

> Burst = fractionated beam = less power to individual beams, single shot = non-fractionated beam = more power.

This.

What would actually make no sense if the BR had something like this.

Multiple functions, what’s so wrong?

If you mean the functions, one for weak enemies, other for stronger ones.

> Burst = fractionated beam = less power to individual beams, single shot = non-fractionated beam = more power.

Still, The Burst should do the same amount damage. Considering even if it is fractured, IT should do equal damage when compared to the single shot if all the individual beams hit the intended target.

how easy is it to land all 3 shots from a 3 round burst at long range if there is spread within the reticule compared to a single shot that goes where you want it? and is it easier to fight close range zoomed in firing single shots or zoomed out firing burst?

simple answer
single shot zoom = effective long range (90damage/hit)
burst shot zoom = average long range (30 or 60 or 90 damage/shot)
single shot zoo is better

but if it was just single shot then at mid to close range it would be out performed by the battle rifle

and if it was just burst at mid to long range it would be out performed by the DMR.

i say mid for both as at that range its more about who starts and whos better than the gun itself.

so to give the forerunners a single rifle that fills the close to mid functionality of the BR and the mid to long functionality of the DMR is in my opinion a good idea, saves us having 10 different weapons for the same idea of single/burst non-power-weapon rifles.

the humans have 2, the covenant so far appear to have 1 maybe 2 if that new plasma weapon isn’t auto fire, and the forerunner have 1. plenty of choice, but not too much.

i dont understand this topic. the light rifle is confirmed to be single shot always

> i dont understand this topic. the light rifle is confirmed to be single shot always

4:40

Heres my theory about damage:
Unscoped, it would be one beam BUT it would be separated into 3 beams, thus slicing the power into thirds, one third for each beam, then when your scoped, it also fires one beam but it doesn’t separate so it’s stronger that way.
I have no theory for the unscoped burst and one shot when scoped.

It’s like the Halo 2 E3 BR. :smiley:

Hmmm… surely it would have to be slightly weaker than both the BR and DMR right? Otherwise its just going to be the new ulimate utility weapon that has the benefits of both the BR and DMR and none of the drawbacks… burst shot at close range and single power shot and long range.

Hope it works out. Personally I find it hilarious that its a magic floating gun with floating pieces but you have to reload it with a magazine… just seems completely odd. Surely the Forerunner would have a better way to keep a weapon full of ammo, you know like a battery.

> Hmmm… surely it would have to be slightly weaker than both the BR and DMR right? Otherwise its just going to be the new ulimate utility weapon that has the benefits of both the BR and DMR and none of the drawbacks… burst shot at close range and single power shot and long range.
>
> Hope it works out. Personally I find it hilarious that its a magic floating gun with floating pieces but you have to reload it with a magazine… just seems completely odd. Surely the Forerunner would have a better way to keep a weapon full of ammo, you know like a battery.

I said the same things in another topic, perhaps it will be 6–Yoink- rather than 5-shot?

> It’s like the Halo 2 E3 BR. :smiley:

This ^^^

> I have heard that the Light Rifle will have a 3 round burst out of zoom and a more powerful single shot in zoom. For One thing, This makes no sense at all. Why would a weapon be able to fire more powerful single shots even have a three round burst. I understand the reasoning behind the weapon, because it adapts to the operator. This just seems like a bad idea. The Light Rifle looks cool, theres no doubt about that, but why have it function this way. It just seems like an absolutely stupid idea.
>
> This is just my opinion though. Discuss.

It was the same thing with the battle rifle in halo 2.

The BR from halo 2 was orginally supposed to have something like this

Ming = Blown