Light rifle and Promethean sniper

I’ve heard this “promethean sniper” phrase thrown around a few times and i’m just wondering.
isn’t the Light Rifle just the Promethean sniper?
Where did this theory originate from?
A leaked screenshot, actual confirmation, or just speculation?

no. they are two diffrent weapons. snipers are made for long range 1 shot kills, the light rifle doesnt do that

> no. they are two diffrent weapons. snipers are made for long range 1 shot kills, the light rifle doesnt do that

well doesn’t the Light Rifle increase in power when scoped?
Where did this Promethean Sniper rumor start?

It seems like a loadout weapon due to it’s damage and amount of ammo.

> > no. they are two diffrent weapons. snipers are made for long range 1 shot kills, the light rifle doesnt do that
>
> well doesn’t the Light Rifle increase in power when scoped?
> Where did this Promethean Sniper rumor start?

From the S:OPs demo at comic-con. There’s a picture of it, and a video of a guy getting killed by it (somewhere in a 10 minute video)

And I think one of the sparkast’s mentioned it.

And no, the Light Rifle only combines its three shot burst when zoomed.

There was a different Promethean weapon spotted. It appears to have a similar overall look to the light rifle, but it is much, much longer. I’ll see if I can find some pics.

There’s a photo floating around.

It started with a leaked photo of a knight holding a gun that looked like the light rifle but had a much longer barrel. The light rifle doesn’t increase in damage when it is scoped it is just more accurate.

> There was a different Promethean weapon spotted. It appears to have a similar overall look to the light rifle, but it is much, much longer. I’ll see if I can find some pics.

please do, I need to see it.

> There was a different Promethean weapon spotted. It appears to have a similar overall look to the light rifle, but it is much, much longer. I’ll see if I can find some pics.

Here
Light Rifle

Sniper, go to 0:45

> > There was a different Promethean weapon spotted. It appears to have a similar overall look to the light rifle, but it is much, much longer. I’ll see if I can find some pics.
>
> Here
> Light Rifle
>
> Sniper, go to 0:45

We don’t have actual size references for either weapon.
It looks like the supposed “Sniper” is forming up, in almost the exact same way as the light rifle in the Campaign demo.

I’m pretty positive it’s the same weapon.

I thought they were two different weapons

> I thought they were two different weapons

I think it’s a case of misidentification, as it usually is. (The Promethean Repeater/Suppressor Dilemma, for instance.)

Look familiar anyone?

Here 'tis. Definitely not the LR.

Are you talking about the Light Rifle? And the Binary Rifle, which is longer and the sniper version of the Light Rifle?

> Are you talking about the Light Rifle? And the Binary Rifle, which is longer and the sniper version of the Light Rifle?

Has this been confirmed?

> Here 'tis. Definitely not the LR.

Again, I believe that it’s just the Light Rifle Forming up as the Promethean equips it.

> > Are you talking about the Light Rifle? And the Binary Rifle, which is longer and the sniper version of the Light Rifle?
>
> Has this been confirmed?

What has been confirmed? :wink:

That weapon is clearly already transformed. Into.the unannounced Promethean.sniper. looks NOTHING like the light rifle. And if it was still forming , pieces would be out of.place and still hovering.into their respective spots.

In other words, unless you are blind its.not the light rifle.