Leveling up to 152

Wow ! I can’t believe how hard Halo made it to level up ! It’s so crazy ! You have to be really dedicated and actually have the time and not everyone does ! Thankful I do and hopefully will get there before Halo 6 comes out

Good luck on the grind. Personally, I think they went a little overboard with how much XP it takes to level up near the top.

I’m glad they did. I much prefer a max rank that is ridiculous to get than one that is too easy like Halo 4’s. Now if only they had an actual reward for obtaining it. Personally I’ve pretty much given up on it. I hit my goal of 150 and I doubt I’ll get any further. Time is scarce nowadays.

> 2533274950162674;3:
> I much prefer a max rank that is ridiculous to get than one that is too easy like Halo 4’s.

I do too, but I think the spaces between the ranks near the top are a bit much. I mean, it takes about as much XP to go from 0 to 148 as it does to go from 151 to 152. And, you’d be just over rank 150 if you had enough XP to put you halfway to 152 from zero. To be honest, I think that’s a little ridiculous. Couldn’t they have put more ranks between them at the top? That way, players can at least rank up more often while keeping the max rank at 50 million XP. It would just have to be higher than 152.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> Good luck on the grind. Personally, I think they went a little overboard with how much XP it takes to level up near the top.

Better that it is to hard than to easy.

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2533274950162674;3:
> > I much prefer a max rank that is ridiculous to get than one that is too easy like Halo 4’s.
>
> I do too, but I think the spaces between the ranks near the top are a bit much. I mean, it takes about as much XP to go from 0 to 148 as it does to go from 151 to 152. And, you’d be just over rank 150 if you had enough XP to put you halfway to 152 from zero. To be honest, I think that’s a little ridiculous. Couldn’t they have put more ranks between them at the top? That way, players can at least rank up more often while keeping the max rank at 50 million XP. It would just have to be higher than 152.

Honestly doesn’t matter how many different ranks there are the only thing that does is the XP amount. Changing the number of ranks wouldn’t help.

My personal opinion is that 343 knew they were gonna release H6 in 2019 so it would make sense to make the leveling process so long. 152 is an odd number to end on though (don’t mean odd in the actual number, heh).

Actually SR152 are just for people that have no lives. And if you think that you are even close to it, may I remind you that SR150 is only halfway to max in terms of xp accumulation

> 2535458298006257;6:
> Honestly doesn’t matter how many different ranks there are the only thing that does is the XP amount. Changing the number of ranks wouldn’t help.

You’re right, it wouldn’t help make it easier to get max rank, which is fine, but I think it would at least feel more satisfying to rank up more often. And the huge spaces between the top few ranks make it harder to tell just how much XP a person really has. What I mean is, someone in the lower hundreds has around 3.2 - 3.5 million XP, but someone who is rank 151 could have anywhere between 35 - 50 million.

> 2533274904158628;9:
> > 2535458298006257;6:
> > Honestly doesn’t matter how many different ranks there are the only thing that does is the XP amount. Changing the number of ranks wouldn’t help.
>
> You’re right, it wouldn’t help make it easier to get max rank, which is fine, but I think it would at least feel more satisfying to rank up more often. And the huge spaces between the top few ranks make it harder to tell just how much XP a person really has. What I mean is, someone in the lower hundreds has around 3.2 - 3.5 million XP, but someone who is rank 151 could have anywhere between 35 - 50 million.

honestly feels better or more rewarding when you hit those last couple ranks. hitting ranks so easy makes it feel like nothing.

> 2535458298006257;10:
> honestly feels better or more rewarding when you hit those last couple ranks. hitting ranks so easy makes it feel like nothing.

I guess that’s also true

It’s gonna be a long and hard grind to 152. As for me, I’m in the same boat as Exenius. As much as I’d like to hit that elusive rank, it’s a bit too out of my reach given my routines on weekdays. If I can’t reach it anyways, I’m perfectly fine with 150 as far as I’m concerned.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> My personal opinion is that 343 knew they were gonna release H6 in 2019 so it would make sense to make the leveling process so long. 152 is an odd number to end on though (don’t mean odd in the actual number, heh).

While the 152 itself is odd, I think it’s a cumulative amount of XP that just happened to land there.

Don’t quote me on that though.

Must be rough on you guys who are making 152 your mission.

> 2533274950162674;3:
> I’m glad they did. I much prefer a max rank that is ridiculous to get than one that is too easy like Halo 4’s. Now if only they had an actual reward for obtaining it. Personally I’ve pretty much given up on it. I hit my goal of 150 and I doubt I’ll get any further. Time is scarce nowadays.

Yes, I also prefer a max rank that isn’t easy to get, but has an actual cap. I prefer the idea of something like this over the idea of prestiging 10, 20 or more times.

> 2533274900606824;15:
> I prefer the idea of something like this over the idea of prestiging 10, 20 or more times.

What’s prestiging?

> 2533274904158628;16:
> > 2533274900606824;15:
> > I prefer the idea of something like this over the idea of prestiging 10, 20 or more times.
>
> What’s prestiging?

Prestiging is a way of showing how much experience you’ve invested into a game, which can also show skilled you are. In Dead By Daylight for example, prestiging rewards you with bloody clothing for your character.

> 2535462325575034;1:
> Wow ! I can’t believe how hard Halo made it to level up ! It’s so crazy ! You have to be really dedicated and actually have the time and not everyone does ! Thankful I do and hopefully will get there before Halo 6 comes out

i feel like 50mil xp for max rank is a little bit excessive
like 343 went a little overboard

Grinding to 152 was fun for me, although it was tedious.

I was fine with reach this was just absurd. Hopefully they tone it back down for 6