Leveling system in infinite

What do you guys think about the new exp system? Challenges being the only way to get exp is iffy to me. I like reaches approach the best. Experience points for playing the match and Challenges for those who wanted to go the extra mile. I think ONLY having exp earned from Challenges makes it feel more like a chore, since I HAVE to do this in order to rank up.

I’m remaining optimistic. Challenges are the only way to progress the battlepass yes, but they’ve neither confirmed or denied inclusion of a more static progression system to my knowledge.

> 2533274884114242;1:
> What do you guys think about the new exp system? Challenges being the only way to get exp is iffy to me. I like reaches approach the best. Experience points for playing the match and Challenges for those who wanted to go the extra mile. I think ONLY having exp earned from Challenges makes it feel more like a chore, since I HAVE to do this in order to rank up.

The XP from challenges go towards your BattlePass.

By the looks of the last Flight there doesn’t appear to be a actual levelling system like in the older games.
The big “1” next to player names was a emblem, not a level. This could be changed in the waypoint all at the time.

I think Halo Infinite is moving away from the traditional levelling system, at least at launch. Until 343i confirm otherwise I wouldn’t expect a levelling system outside of BattlePass progression via challenges.

I’m quite excited to have no levelling system. Reminds me of early multiplayer days where you just played to play. Stats don’t matter, games don’t matter, you can have fun with it.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> I’m remaining optimistic. Challenges are the only way to progress the battlepass yes, but they’ve neither confirmed or denied inclusion of a more static progression system to my knowledge.

They have; on Twitter, they recently confirmed that challenges are the only means of progression. There are many reasons this is a bad idea, among them being that it encourages people to play a specific way instead of how they want to play, reduces player freedom, discourages playing with friends who may have different challenges from you, etc. It’s very bad for both the sandbox and the game’s longevity.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> I’m quite excited to have no levelling system. Reminds me of early multiplayer days where you just played to play. Stats don’t matter, games don’t matter, you can have fun with it.

I don’t mind having no leveling system, I’m right with you on that. However the challenges system for the battle pass’s progression will compromise gameplay the same way challenges do on MCC, or any game, because they reduce player freedom and encourage specific behaviors. You don’t want some guy who’s trying to grind coming into your game and hogging power weapons and using them recklessly so he can get 10 kills with the rocket launcher, etc., because that works against your team and encourages behavior centered only around completing those challenges.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> I’m remaining optimistic. Challenges are the only way to progress the battlepass yes, but they’ve neither confirmed or denied inclusion of a more static progression system to my knowledge.

Really hoping for a visible player rank that we can grind out. It’s cool with me if the battle pass only progresses by completing challenges, but I really want to be able to grind XP for a high player rank, similar to Reach or MCC. (And please don’t let it just be a number like Halo 5).

I think it’s really-really bad and its a huge slap in the face to every single person that bought any Double XP merchandise during last years marketing campaign. It’s clear based on how double XP was the primary reward in the marketing campaign last year that there was originally going to be a progression system like the SR ranks in Halo 5 but sometime after the delay it looks like the scrapped it in favor of a battle pass. Double XP in this battlepass/challenge system doesn’t even do anything because 99% of the activities within the game don’t reward XP. We’re going to redeem 30 minutes of double XP to try to finish one challenge? It’s so bad and unrewarding. And double XP also counts down the moment you turn it on, so the vast majority of your double XP is completely wasted. You might only get two BTB matches in 30 minutes and if you don’t complete a challenge in that time you literally don’t get any XP. I can’t believe more people aren’t mad about it. I feel like I literally got scammed because I bought into the hype and spent a bunch of money on Halo merch last year.

It’s really just a way to get you to buy the in game currency that will allow to level up automatically without playing. Gears 5 does something similar as well.

> 2533274907207100;6:
> > 2533274801036271;4:
> > I’m quite excited to have no levelling system. Reminds me of early multiplayer days where you just played to play. Stats don’t matter, games don’t matter, you can have fun with it.
>
> I don’t mind having no leveling system, I’m right with you on that. However the challenges system for the battle pass’s progression will compromise gameplay the same way challenges do on MCC, or any game, because they reduce player freedom and encourage specific behaviors. You don’t want some guy who’s trying to grind coming into your game and hogging power weapons and using them recklessly so he can get 10 kills with the rocket launcher, etc., because that works against your team and encourages behavior centered only around completing those challenges.

I agree with you that having challenges be the only way to progress the battle pass could lead to detrimental gameplay in team settings for sure. However this could only be a bad thing if the challenges were skewed towards encouraging detrimental or hyper focused types of things. If they keep challenges more generic such as completing or winning games, or perhaps getting a certain number of headshots then it will be fine. Once the challenges start getting too hyper specific (like some of the challenges in Fortnite’s early seasons) then you run into problems of players neglecting basic play and running amok trying to get a random challenge done.

And keep in mind that the last Inside Infinite said that the free BP won’t have a reward at every tier. So it’s even more of a grind if you don’t want to buy a BP.

I just want to get a better idea on WHAT challenges we will be getting. The flight had a lot of “play x matches” challenges before the bug -Yoinked!- it up, so I’m hopeful it’ll work.

I heard many things about this games system, and Im not sure on how they’ll do it. I would like to see them do something like halo reach, to be able to purchase the armors and effeccts that you want, rather than this HAlo MCC season system where you had to spend points on getting each piece of gear or cosmetic items for profile one at a time in a specific order.

Versus reach , when you level up to a certain point , you’ll gain access to all the armors and such , all what is needed is credits from your time playing the game, to spend what you’d like. henced I saved allot for the later items back in the day