Leveling down

I just had a few games where my team was terrible even though I played great. Went from platinum to gold. Didn’t think you could go down once you made it to a level. Is this a new thing?

Nah not new. There was a point where you couldn’t drop a tier but that changed like maybe 4 months ago?

> 2535462450434439;2:
> Nah not new. There was a point where you couldn’t drop a tier but that changed like maybe 4 months ago?

About 4 months yes, I’m suprised there’s still people finding out about this.

If you’re playing solo, you will be let down. In any playlist. There are too many bad player out there

Didn’t this happen early last year? I don’t remember a time when I couldn’t rank down, its been a monthly feature of mine to battle up and down between high platinum and low diamond towards the end of a ranked season for a long time now

> 2533274923562209;3:
> > 2535462450434439;2:
> > Nah not new. There was a point where you couldn’t drop a tier but that changed like maybe 4 months ago?
>
> About 4 months yes, I’m suprised there’s still people finding out about this.

I’m guessing a lot of people don’t get deranked that much. I never got deranked a tier I just know from when I use to play this game sweaty with a team and they told me and some of my friends I’m helping get better got deranked a tier once

You can’t lower your Spartan Rank at all.

> 2535468263937860;7:
> You can’t lower your Spartan Rank at all.

I suppose that’s nice to know, but OP is talking about ranks in the Arena playlists.

> 2535405964939778;1:
> I just had a few games where my team was terrible even though I played great. Went from platinum to gold. Didn’t think you could go down once you made it to a level. Is this a new thing?

I haven’t been playing great this past week, not terrible, but not great. Anyway, I went from SWAT Diamond 5 to Platinum 3 in like an hour. Even in the games that I had a great K/D, my team of random players and I still loss 4/5 matches. I understand the need for rank down, for example if a player places Onyx on the first day of the season, but is typically a platinum player, they’re going to get obliterated every game if they can’t rank down; but I also wish I could have stayed in Diamond.

> 2535464801356957;4:
> If you’re playing solo, you will be let down. In any playlist. There are too many bad player out there

True. My old theory was that, no matter your team, you will eventually climb into diamond. But now you’re just plain screwed. Really wished they stop lowering levels for top of your team or good kda. Really, you should never get penalized for >10 kills with a k/d 2, maybe even just 1.5

> 2535464801356957;4:
> If you’re playing solo, you will be let down. In any playlist. There are too many bad player out there

There’s something far worse than having bad players on your team: Being the only one left after two minutes into the match.
Unreliable teammates are the best way to ruin your CSR.

> 2533274844052834;11:
> > 2535464801356957;4:
> > If you’re playing solo, you will be let down. In any playlist. There are too many bad player out there
>
> There’s something far worse than having bad players on your team: Being the only one left after two minutes into the match.
> Unreliable teammates are the best way to ruin your CSR.

I went 39-4 because 2 of my teammates quit out and it was a 2v4. I won

Yeah, you can get demoted to a lower division as of the September update. It sounds stupid, but I guess it can prevent poor players from being locked in a division they don’t deserve to be in.

> 2533274873267862;13:
> Yeah, you can get demoted to a lower division as of the September update. It sounds stupid, but I guess it can prevent poor players from being locked in a division they don’t deserve to be in.

Stupid how? Besides helping the poor players it also makes the people thinking they’re good have to earn their rank and hold it as well. That’s something I love.